Gpu usage and temperature raise by a lot when at 144fps

Hello,

I just wanted to make this topic due to me having issues with the game. Every time I change the fps to 144, it would just make the usage of my gpu raise and the temperature go to 75c~80c which is beyond me since I can run another game at 144fps and just have the usage low and temperature stay around 55c~60c. Is there anything that can help ?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x GPU: GTX 1660 Motherboard: B450-PLUS RAM: Corsair vengeance 16b (2x8)

It might be because the game isn't really optimized for anything beyond maybe 60FPS. Without optimization, it puts a heavy amount of stress on the hardware when going higher than its (the software's) limitations. The game's engine is currently 8 years old and back then, when the engine was made 144FPS was nowhere near the norm, so it wasn't optimized for it.

@Ragnawind

Well that sucks, thanks for letting me know. It really looks smooth in 144fps and it sucks that I wont be able to play it like that without my machine being a heated. I also literally changed the thermal paste in my gpu and even remove the dust from it.

@Roblox said in Gpu usage and temperature raise by a lot when at 144fps:

@Ragnawind

Well that sucks, thanks for letting me know. It really looks smooth in 144fps and it sucks that I wont be able to play it like that without my machine being a heated. I also literally changed the thermal paste in my gpu and even remove the dust from it.

At least with NGS next year, the engine is finally getting an overhaul, so it is likely that it will be optimized with that.

@Ragnawind

I can't wait for that