Level requirements for content isnt enough.

The only way this works is if you gives players quests specifically to know where to get better.

I remember to read somewhere that NA will not bring expert, because NA players are too casual.

@LordCloudStrife haa... thats pretty funny, though I cant disagree coming from FFXIV. There's luckybancho FFXIV census and... yea... JP servers have much higher clear rates on savage contents - about 1/3 of the players compared to many NA servers that's not even 1/5 or even worse 1/10.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQhnJYXXUAgm23T?format=png&name=4096x4096

@Furious said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

They don't do it because it is a RNG based loot drop system. You can't punish people because they have bad luck.

They can make the requirement very low, to a point where oure back luck is not an issue.

Going to XH 4-man boss raid with 7 star, ungrinded weapons is just not acceptable. To me, Revosio series (from collection folder) +30 should be the bare minimum, due to how easy to get those weapons (despite their lack of power).

@Milk The initial tutorial was on the right track. They could have added more bits along the way, or even take some pages from single player games and force players through one or two things to learn before they can advance and open up more stages and missions.

@HarmlessSyan said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

@LordCloudStrife haa... thats pretty funny, though I cant disagree coming from FFXIV. There's luckybancho FFXIV census and... yea... JP servers have much higher clear rates on savage contents - about 1/3 of the players compared to many NA servers that's not even 1/5 or even worse 1/10.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQhnJYXXUAgm23T?format=png&name=4096x4096

I really don't know why you brought FF14 in conversation, i never played it. I play PSO2 on JP ship 7 for almost 7 years. I heard about no expert on NA from tweaker discord (aka Phantasy Star Fleet)

wrong post, pls delete

@LordCloudStrife just comparing the JP and NA/EU playerbase. Phantasy Star Fleet isn't official though, did they have some sort of source from SEGA?

@HarmlessSyan said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

@LordCloudStrife just comparing the JP and NA/EU playerbase. Phantasy Star Fleet isn't official though, did they have some sort of source from SEGA?

Probably not.

There's no official SEGA source, the closest comment is that YSOK mentioned in an interview that players on the Global version tend to prefer more "casual activities".

This doesn't mean that Global players are worse (from playing on both servers, players are the same regardless), but rather that Global players tend to do things like lobby chat and dress-up more, in comparison to doing things like augmenting or upgrading gear.

@Matt said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

but rather that Global players tend to do things like lobby chat and dress-up more, in comparison to doing things like augmenting or upgrading gear.

This isn't too hard to understand if you've been around the MMO circuit over the years. PSO2 use a derivative of the old korean mmorpg enchanting systems. Basically F U it's going to fail 90% of the time even if you have 90% chance of succedding. And you'll lose your items you farmed/spend money on to use for that enchanting, and maybe your weapon will break in somewhat making it worse than what it was. Affixing is aids if you wanna make anything decent, it's cancer incarnate if you wanna min/max really good stuff. It's all so frusterating when all that hard work is destroyed while there is nothing you can reasonablly do about it.

I enjoy pso2 but it really doesn't respect your time and effort when you wanna start affixing stuff. I'll say we've been spoiled with badges and power creep on weapon drops but that still doesn't encourage people to min/max when it has you throw meseta away by the ten to hundred of millions.

You'd see more players trying to max out their weapons and units if it wasn't a massive RNG grind to get them, less now with episode 5 update, and affixing didn't punish you even thinking of attempting it. So yeah the population is going to play dress up more. Playing dress up is far cheaper and permament. Every outfit or accessory you buy doesn't get power creeped, don't need to be upgraded, and will usable no matter what you do in game.

@Sparhawk said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

@Matt said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

but rather that Global players tend to do things like lobby chat and dress-up more, in comparison to doing things like augmenting or upgrading gear.

This isn't too hard to understand if you've been around the MMO circuit over the years. PSO2 use a derivative of the old korean mmorpg enchanting systems. Basically F U it's going to fail 90% of the time even if you have 90% chance of succedding. And you'll lose your items you farmed/spend money on to use for that enchanting, and maybe your weapon will break in somewhat making it worse than what it was. Affixing is aids if you wanna make anything decent, it's cancer incarnate if you wanna min/max really good stuff. It's all so frusterating when all that hard work is destroyed while there is nothing you can reasonablly do about it.

I enjoy pso2 but it really doesn't respect your time and effort when you wanna start affixing stuff. I'll say we've been spoiled with badges and power creep on weapon drops but that still doesn't encourage people to min/max when it has you throw meseta away by the ten to hundred of millions.

You'd see more players trying to max out their weapons and units if it wasn't a massive RNG grind to get them, less now with episode 5 update, and affixing didn't punish you even thinking of attempting it. So yeah the population is going to play dress up more. Playing dress up is far cheaper and permament. Every outfit or accessory you buy doesn't get power creeped, don't need to be upgraded, and will usable no matter what you do in game.

That is why Fashion is the true endgame. 😊