Level requirements for content isnt enough.

I never understood why Sega never did this with PSO2, so many other mmos do it, there needs to be a equipment requirement alongside the level requirement, That way people who just refuse to gear up have to if they want to join in on higher level content.

FFXIV did this to stop people who actively sandbag and make content harder for others. yeah you meet the level requirement, but your gear level is to low so no entry for you till you actively get better.

This would stop all the people who join high end EQ's and other high level quests with un-upgraded gear or gear that doesnt even reach 10 stars. This would stop people who actively make content harder for others.

@Rao said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

FFXIV did this to stop people who actively sandbag and make content harder for others. yeah you meet the level requirement, but your gear level is to low so no entry for you till you actively get better.

The problem with FFXIV though is, I've seen people with gatherer/crafter gear in 3-4 slots (as tank mind you) on some content to bypass this. (As the game only checked for item level.) This wouldn't happen with PSO2 though. PSO2 would have to check for star ratings. Since checking individual stats would be too much work.

NA should be getting expert requirements relatively soon. on JP for a while now they've been: -clear Phanatical Phantoms Solo Extreme Quest in 15:00 or less (the solo XQ NA just got) -clear Destroyers of Light Solo Trigger on XH in 18:00 or less (a UQ trigger you don't have just yet).

Since you guys don't have solo PD triggers either, I'm uncertain how they'll handle the second requirement just yet or if solo triggers will be a thing at all.

While expert requirements don't solve the problem, they should set more than enough of a base line for there to be much improved groups for UQs and such. JP is power crept enough with all the gear and scion classes that it doesn't mean as much, but it should be more than sufficient on NA for a while.

Expert matching is what you are probably looking for yea. A skill check and sort of a gear check since you have to S rank the fights.

FFXIV ilvl requirement is kind of weak as they hand you free gear at every level cap and allowing people to farm weekly tomestone getting the highest ilvl gear. They can be fully decked out in gear but plays horribly expecting carries.

@Rao said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

I never understood why Sega never did this with PSO2, so many other mmos do it, there needs to be a equipment requirement alongside the level requirement, That way people who just refuse to gear up have to if they want to join in on higher level content.

This would stop all the people who join high end EQ's and other high level quests with un-upgraded gear or gear that doesnt even reach 10 stars. This would stop people who actively make content harder for others.

Episode 6 should bring Expert matching requirements that should help with the problem but it doesn't entirely fix it also the problem with PSO2 at lower levels will be apparent soon when Endless Beligerence UQ starts cycling since that requires level 80+ for XH while below that is level 55 which makes it a complete mess on SH since most people entering will be under geared and under levelled to fight level 70 enemies.

They don't do it because it is a RNG based loot drop system. You can't punish people because they have bad luck.

@Furious said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

They don't do it because it is a RNG based loot drop system. You can't punish people because they have bad luck.

I agree with the quoted statement. This suggestion from the OP will cause more problems than it solves since it is effectively a lockout for those players to better gear to be able to handle themselves and also prevents them from becoming better Operatives. We must look after every ARKS as a community I feel. 🙂

@YagyuChan said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

I agree with the quoted statement. This suggestion from the OP will cause more problems than it solves since it is effectively a lockout for those players to better gear to be able to handle themselves and also prevents them from becoming better Operatives. We must look after every ARKS as a community I feel. 🙂

I actually partially agree with that and partially with OP.

The RNG is actually a concern, but limited to min-maxing and obtaining BiS, niche or specific gear/items (ofz units, rykros staff, rappy egg, spread needle, eternistones from dragon, for eg.).

For 13* entry level gear there is the collection folder to get it easily: you can literally get a +30 revolsio grinding a few UQ and expeditions, and it's not required to do XH version of the former.

If that wasn't enough, they're giving plenty of rwb4 to get one 13* for free just by reaching tier 18 on mission pass.

I think that with all the freebies available at the moment, going around engame content with less than a +30 12* weapon is a lack of respect or trolling.

That being said, I don't agree with OP about locking content behind ilvl because it's not a reliable source to evaluate players' individual skill from (to some extent, expert matching isn't either).

On a black fellwyrm, I've met a player with a 12* +35/brissa set and he played better than other people more geared but dying every 2 mins (I've run out of moons in the first phase).

So no, I'm totally against locking content behind ilvl.

On a black fellwyrm, I've met a player with a 12* +35/brissa set and he played better than other people more geared but dying every 2 mins (I've run out of moons in the first phase).

If everybody was like this one you've met this thread wouldn't be exist.

@Kitsunefox412 said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

I agree, but if the solution proposed by the OP was enacted that person wouldn't have been able to join whilst the other two could.

That's why I'm against it (and the point I was trying to make).

I agree with this but there needs to be leniency for players. Newer players are encouraged to rush content to catch up with everyone else, they usually don’t have the meseta or the badges required for the gear by the time they hit that level.

At the very least, make a mandatory quest before players can attempt newer content. The player can be rewarded with an up to date version of the weapon they complete the quest with. Make it bound to account and an account-wide unlock like the Buster quest. The weapon can be bare-basics, you would still have to work for something better.

The quest could be similar to that newbie teaching quest in ffxiv, just to help the player learn the basics of their class and how to play it in newer content. Yes we have practice quests but it needs an incentive for players to bother. Clearly an alarming number of players never learned how to play their class.

You could also require the gear to be enhanced if the free gear isn’t already. Players could be rewarded with practice materials specifically for their weapon.

Is this hand holding? Perhaps, but it would help everybody.

I feel for the newer players. I leveled an alt the other day and I barely had enough badges to get a weapon after two solid months of playtime on my other characters. If I was just starting off I certainly wouldn’t have the millions already to outright buy one. So what would I do? Just work with what I have or don’t play. The fault lies with rushing content and pushing new players before they know how to play or can afford this gear.

Helping them helps everyone else.

@condor said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

@Kitsunefox412 said in Level requirements for content isnt enough.:

I agree, but if the solution proposed by the OP was enacted that person wouldn't have been able to join whilst the other two could.

That's why I'm against it (and the point I was trying to make).

Why I think expert filter is pro the best solution, someone with a high skill level will still be able meet the requirements, and it doesn’t lock newer players out of content, but just matches them in different rooms.

Hopefully it will encourage players to either learn their class, or get better gear. Cause at the moment even with black dragon as long as you’ve got 2 good players you can still finish the UQ, even if the other 2 are completely under geared and haven’t learned their class, which doesn’t necessarily provide the best motivation to learn. With expert filter a lot of the better players will be in separate rooms, which means even though they can still do the runs, if they want to finish they will have to learn how to play their class.

@Milk Bullshit, I had a nox weapon before joining Super hard urgents in the first month of release. With all the catch up (+30 rev, nem in badge shop, rising weapon badges) and they don't have a decent weapon when joining XH for the first time they are either extremely incompetent or a liar.

@Wes4268

People can level faster than ever. They give out exp scrolls and tokyo keys right now as a campaign to push those new players to new content. It’s entirely possible they are leveling faster than they can earn badges or Meseta. A Nox doesn’t cut it anymore and enhancement for up to date gear costs meseta higher than what they make or requires materials they don’t have a stockpile of yet. A nem requires 400 unique badges, how will they have that in a week?

@Milk You're telling me someone can get 80/80 without getting a single decent weapon. That is so outside the realm of possibility idk what you're smoking.