RNGesus having an off day?

Either RNGesus is having an off day or I'm being told to change my class. I had 53 of the same weapon drop during a single mission Vita Calibur overload Strikes me as not being overly random.

Today ENGesus blessed a Buster Quest run of mine. I was about to curse at a third Grade 3 (in a row) where we couldn't get both demonica barriers down the first time. But RNGesus said "Let there be Ex-Attack." We had a second round of Buster as a result.

RNGesus refuses to give me my Rappy egg.

@Weirdo said in RNGesus having an off day?:

Same. But in my defense I've only really tried it with all the buffs for 6 Deus Esca windows so far.

@Miraglyth said in RNGesus having an off day?:

Same. But in my defense I've only really tried it with all the buffs for 6 Deus Esca windows so far.

Not even over 500% rare drop rate up gets me one. At least there is a new UQ to try getting them from.

At least there is a new UQ to try getting them from.

Yeah but that drops all the other 13* eggs as interference, doesn't it? Seems like Deus Esca is the best bet.

Yeah but that drops all the other 13* eggs as interference, doesn't it? Seems like Deus Esca is the best bet.

When I got a rappy egg from esca I already had around 120 clif fuses and in that run I both forgot all buffs and didn't join a party.

It's just luck I guess, but I feel esca is better because it can drop rykros staff too (and less boring than farming AQ +50).

@condor said in RNGesus having an off day?:

When I got a rappy egg from esca

Grats! Out of curiosity how many runs did it take you? Going by the drop number in Quest Info I'm guessing the rate is somewhere around 1% but it's a very dirty guess since I have no way of knowing how many players each run are summoners and it's inexplicably unable to drop for other classes.

@Miraglyth Thanks!

I didn't count the runs, I told you the number of clif fuses I had at the time to give you an idea.

I never checked how many fuses are dropped per run since I never got a drop of any zeinesis unit, so I made a full cleasis set and gave up on clifard 😌

Edit:

it's inexplicably unable to drop for other classes

As I said in another thread, I never got a summoner related drop using any other class besides summoner as main.

Even using it as a sub-class, I never dropped a single stamina gummy.

I told you the number of clif fuses I had at the time to give you an idea.

Sadly I haven't been paying attention to Clifard anything! So that doesn't really help. 😅

I never got a summoner related drop using any other class besides summoner as main. Even using it as a sub-class, I never dropped a single stamina gummy.

Yeah. Eggs and sweets cannot drop unless your main (or maybe sub?) is summoner.

That makes sense for sweets because otherwise you'd be flooded with them. Maybe common eggs too because not everyone wants to repeatedly feed them all to pets (which you can do even when not summoner).

But it makes no sense for the rappy egg. The thing is effectively a different weapon type. I'm pretty sure eggs are the only item in the game that gate an entire set of photon arts and a client order or two and also need you to be a certain class for them to drop. Heck knows you can (and do) get plenty of swords as a gunner and talises as a fighter.

I hear on JP summoner items could originally drop for all classes and players complained. It kind of feels like they've overstepped in addressing that. I get that rappy is meant to be rare and cool (at least until JP put it in 14* collection folders, light element no less!) and it's nice that it doesn't seem to be as rare as 14* drops in UQs, but... I don't know. The summoner limitation feels wrong. I can farm a rare rifle as Bouncer, so why not this?

Ah well. Maybe the new collection folders next week will include it. I'd be surprised (the ones we got last week don't even have the Ivlida/monster harmonisers!) but you never know.

@Miraglyth I got like 5 golem nacelle drop with my fo/te from BQ, hell I got my nemesis barl with that too so I'm pretty sure that weapons are in the pool with any class.

To take no risks, I only run esca with summoner as I really want that rykros staff (and I wanted that rappy egg too 🙂 ), but I agree summoners are in a pretty bad spot both for rare eggs and sweets.

I needed a lot of support rolls, but never managed to drop 1 from magatsu and I'm even doubting that it drops there. I tried farming the new extreme (Madness & Phantasms) as I've read it should drop a super megaton parfait, but I got nothing useful out of it.

I dropped a couple of exquisites from ultimates, nothing more.

It's hard to gear up more than two pets with such a scarcity of sweets, I hope they fix that soon 😢

so I'm pretty sure that weapons are in the pool with any class.

Yes? I didn't say they weren't. Harmonisers aren't eggs or sweets.

I tried farming the new extreme (Madness & Phantasms) as I've read it should drop a super megaton parfait, but I got nothing useful out of it.

I have a super something parfait but can't remember where it came from. It wasn't even in the summoner guide so I figured it wasn't useful. I'll check what it was when I'm next on.

I find it Hilarious How the Collection sheets for caliburs and such in the first collection sheet drop like candy, Yet - when you start getting into the Higher grade collection sheet, They have cooldowns before you can collect it again.. >_<

@DDDDLife said in RNGesus having an off day?:

Yet - when you start getting into the Higher grade collection sheet, They have cooldowns before you can collect it again.. >_<

It's always been a 48-hour cooldown starting from when you receive the reward though? There has definitely been a cooldown before.

Yes? I didn't say they weren't. Harmonisers aren't eggs or sweets.

Yeah, sorry, it was a very badly written reply of mine where my intention was to corroborate what you said.

I'll check how many fuses I get with the next esca to give you an idea of how many runs it took to drop the rappy egg. 🙂

Edit:

It's 2-4 per run with RDR and triboost +100%. Taking into account the 4-5 runs I did without any boost, I got a rappy egg after around 30 runs.

It's always been a 48-hour cooldown starting from when you receive the reward though? There has definitely been a cooldown before.

That's correct, the cd has always been there.