ultimate game pass october perks redeemed on microsoft store but not received ingame

I submited a ticket and they said its gonna take a while because the problem is complex

Submitted a ticket on the 9th. SEGA team asked for PDF of my entire detailed order history for PSO2. Sent that out on the 12th. Has been crickets since then. Hopefully they are working on it.

Is october 21st, what the heck is sega doing?

Per the "What's New" page for end of October maintenance this has been fixed: https://pso2.com/news/server-info/maintenancenotes1027

I was able to obtain my monthly perks from the Visiphone this morning after maintenance. This appears to be resolved for me. I'm hoping others can claim their items now, too!

@NecroDancer6324 said in ultimate game pass october perks redeemed on microsoft store but not received ingame:

Is october 21st, what the heck is sega doing?

programming is more complicated than you think. They fixed it now.

contacted xbox support an this is what they told me

I understand that one. The good thing is you have contacted us about this issue, and upon checking my our troubleshooting steps about this issue, the best thing that we can do is to refer you tot the game developer of the game.

Because they are the ones who issue the code and they are the ones who can issue the codes that you have redeemed on your account. Alright? 😞

while the maintances on the 27th said Fixed issue in which certain players could not receive their Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Member Monthly Bonus rewards Attention: users must redeem their rewards before the release of November’s Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Member Monthly Bonus Please redeem your code and claim the rewards at the Visiphone by 11/03 06:59 PM (America/Chicago)

so ya seems this month we are SOL for the rewards