Just release PSO1 remaster already.

Please. Go back to your roots , SEGA. You obviously want this to be a barbie dress up simulator lobby afk game. So just do the honorable thing and release a PSO remaster and show old fans you still care.

PSO2>everything that the PS games before it were combined. Not sure why you want a game that doesn't hold up to the test of time.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

People still play the original offline, I think it stands the test of time. (Different pacing than PSO2)

@Ki-Rin

I have hopes for the future despite people acting really indifferent with 2's mechanics, not really expecting it to change too much there, though I want the future content of the series to be somewhat heavily invested in the new story lines to the point it outweighs whatever lame people or encounters might happen to arise.

Having said all that id still checkout a re-master if it ever happened.

new genesis is gonna be different pacing and structure from pso2 already, can't ask for much more

I wouldn't mind an offline collection of all of PSO1 (all 4 episodes tuned to offline only play with ability to pick NPC partners at will) and all of the PSUniverse stuff, PSP games included, and all online only stuff turned into offline. That way people can play all of the story on both games without worrying about any server shut downs. Same could be done with this game in a bunch of years after it goes offline.

In fact, pretty much all MMOs and other games that have shut down, could use nostalgia offline versions tuned for story content. That way, people would still purchase the stuff from the official sources and not have to depend on private servers to revive these gone games.

Classic Ki-Rin post.

I. WOULD. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

..a PSO remake. My soul.. ..I have it here somewhere.. 😸

o/ =^.^=

Like countless Phantasy Star Vets I would Love and support an official online re release of PSO episodes 1+2 and PSU!!! Cannot explain how great it would be to play the classics again with old friends and introduce the extravaganza to new people. I still can and do play them offline but ... it can't begin to compare to the online experience of a thriving World. I know other mmos have already been re released I wish Sega would follow suit.

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEAZE!!!! ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

It wouldn't make them enough money, so I doubt they'll bother. Imo they should just release the source code and let the fans do the work to improve the original.

I wouldn't be surprised if they remastered and ported in the zones from PSO into PSO2 for the 20th anniversary in December, but I doubt they'd re-release PSO.

@Laep I'd believe this for NG, not for PSO2.

@Ki-Rin said in Just release PSO1 remaster already.:

Please. Go back to your roots , SEGA. You obviously want this to be a barbie dress up simulator lobby afk game. So just do the honorable thing and release a PSO remaster and show old fans you still care.

but PSO is not the root of this series, that will be Phantasy Star that I will love to see a remake or a remastered version

@Jamesmor said in Just release PSO1 remaster already.:

@Ki-Rin said in Just release PSO1 remaster already.:

but PSO is not the root of this series, that will be Phantasy Star that I will love to see a remake or a remastered version

If I remember, the original P-Star did have a remake-remaster for PS2 named Generation 1 or something like that..

Actually there is an Indie team that is already hard at work on this project and they are remaking the ENTIRE PSO1 Game From the the ground up.

https://youtu.be/xUPWxS3fcw4