Fellwyrm is terribly designed

@Akonyl said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

It seems like there should be some better kind of priority system to give locking onto weak points more priority vs some other random non-weak point.

Yes. I'm quite astounded this passed playtesting. The weak point seems to be the leg/ankle mostly and yet it's very difficult to lock onto something that's not the claws.

No Joke, I would take the death-limit back in exchange for higher drop rates. Need those stones 😄

Hmm, it could be fixed IF the covered aim points disappeared once a weak spot showed up. This way people would aim to only that instead of fighting the controls. Once the weak spot disappears, the covered points reappear. Wonder if devs didn't see that.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

Hmm, it could be fixed IF the covered aim points disappeared once a weak spot showed up. This way people would aim to only that instead of fighting the controls. Once the weak spot disappears, the covered points reappear. Wonder if devs didn't see that.

Now this is a lovely solution.

All people have to do is un-lock whenever the dragon jumps / moves and then get close again and re-lock once they are closer.

It's not too different than doing lock-ons on Diabo or Vomos in Ults Farms.

Ranged classes also have the opton of OTS view so it's probably not a huge issue

@Duymon said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

and re-lock once they are closer.

Which almost invariably locks on to the claws instead.

@Miraglyth

Is there not a way to change lock-on location on Kb / Mouse? I just flick up on my gamepad and it swaps the lock locations.

If there's no way to swap locks on KB/ Mouse that's a fail by Sega

@Duymon said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

Is there not a way to change lock-on location on Kb / Mouse?

I wouldn't know, I'm using a controller unless I'm in an AIS or holding a ranged weapon in battle arena.

What do you mean by "flick up"? The d-pad? The right analog stick? I know you can use the latter to change the target but that conflicts with its use of moving the camera (which you need in this UQ) and it's also alarmingly inaccurate for selecting a specific point.

Regardless, you can have the leg/ankle as a red highlighted weak spot, and be up against it right in the middle of the screen, and lock-on will still lock onto the claws of that leg that were off the side of the screen, re-centering your view as it does. They just seem to have priority.

I’ve found jumping before locking on help to get the leg instead of the claw

I love the fight but do agree it’s annoying when you lock on to a toenail when aiming for the face. I wish it would take priority if something is glowing. It’s still by far my favorite UQ, on Bouncer it’s great.

Every boss and enemy in here is terribly designed.

Man how edgy you gotta be to post "everything is bad" in a several month old topic?