Fellwyrm is terribly designed

@Cloudonpot Well I just ran both the red and black. Red was no issue as per usual, but black was. Two other players kept getting downed, and one of those two players kept grabbing the sword without knowing how to use it. Suffice it to say the fourth member of our party left when we had only two min left, and it was just me against the dragon at that point. I'm level 82 at the moment on my Bouncer/Fighter, and let me tell you, mobility is key when you draw agro on the boss. You need to dodge his attacks, and hold his attention so that less mobile classes don't take all the damage. Level 80 and up players can do it, provided the learn the dragons tell that he does before each attack. Without knowing that, you are basically screwed, as the AOE floor marks are only up for a brief period before he lands the attack.

I dont think the fight is very hard tbh. Do I think its fun lol nope. To me it just exposes the issues with the auto target in the game so hard. Use auto target shoot at his nails use over the shoulder aim cant see my feet very well so maybe maybe get hit by the repeat aoe attack.

@Tasty-Human-bits The auto target is a bit off, but there are ways around that. You just have to have the patience of a saint. All joking aside, that's literally the only flaw I see in the game so far overall, let alone this boss fight.

@Anarchy-Marine I'm just going to take it slow and ease my way to it. I can't see myself being a hamper and the last thing i want to be is first down in my team thats a bad feeling.

I get the feeling I’m one of the few people that really enjoys this fight. It’s so much fun has a bouncer, you can literally dance, dodge and ifame everything and is extremely satisfying to do so. When the seals go to the head and tails, break out the sb, Safoie zero up to head, heaven kite a couple of times for extra height, then just photon blade fever and weapon action his head to death. You become almost like this this bug floating around its head that it can’t touch.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Oh believe me, I have fun with it, but that damn auto lock is so finicky about whether or not it will work properly. It's probably my only gripe when it comes to the fight.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 it's a really good fight one of my favorites cause it reminds me of safi'jiiva. If i could better myself on its tail flip i'll easily perfect it.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Oh believe me, I have fun with it, but that damn auto lock is so finicky about whether or not it will work properly. It's probably my only gripe when it comes to the fight.

Yeah it can be pretty bad at times, for some strange reason they have it lock onto wherever your char is looking, instead of where you’re pointing the camera

@TEN-SQUARE-3

I'm still wondering why we can lock onto things that are not weak points.

@Knight-Raime You can, but it's useless, as the claws aren't really weak points, they just allow you to do base damage to expose the scars. Otherwise you do 1, and 2s on damage. It's a waste of time at that point.

I think the fight is fun, but I also think its heavily broken too and that Sega haven't done anything to fix it since it first appeared on the JP server, your fighting the system most of the time and not the actual dragon, same with AIS and Yamato with the poor AIS control method.

The problem with Crimson, like many others have mention is the poor targeting system and the fact the dragon rarely stays in one spot making it unbearably annoying for melee classes who constantly have to chase it down. There are also bugs with i-frames too, I've counted a few times during a dodge when dragon is enraged and charging players that I've been one shotted when I should be immune, others also reported the same problem, its intermittent at best and mostly just annoying.

My biggest gripe with Black Dragon is sometimes it can kill you in such a cheesy way with just pure spamming red rings of death and floor slams to a point you literally can't dodge fast enough, but other than that - its still my favorite boss, just remember > break wing tips < this is critically important and you'll be okay.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

@Knight-Raime You can, but it's useless, as the claws aren't really weak points, they just allow you to do base damage to expose the scars. Otherwise you do 1, and 2s on damage. It's a waste of time at that point.

Right, I think that's their point, that it's useless to lock onto non-weak points but sometimes it seems like you can spend a good 5 seconds trying to lock onto a weak spot and instead getting a toe/ankle/leg that isn't a weak spot/etc instead of the weak point you're actually trying to lock onto. And by the time you do, sometimes the dragon just decides to hop away or do something that makes you lose your lock-on anyway.

It seems like there should be some better kind of priority system to give locking onto weak points more priority vs some other random non-weak point.

@Amari-Kigu said in Fellwyrm is terribly designed:

I think the fight is fun, but I also think its heavily broken too and that Sega haven't done anything to fix it since it first appeared on the JP server, your fighting the system most of the time and not the actual dragon, same with AIS and Yamato with the poor AIS control method.

The problem with Crimson, like many others have mention is the poor targeting system and the fact the dragon rarely stays in one spot making it unbearably annoying for melee classes who constantly have to chase it down. There are also bugs with i-frames too, I've counted a few times during a dodge when dragon is enraged and charging players that I've been one shotted when I should be immune, others also reported the same problem, its intermittent at best and mostly just annoying.

My biggest gripe with Black Dragon is sometimes it can kill you in such a cheesy way with just pure spamming red rings of death and floor slams to a point you literally can't dodge fast enough, but other than that - its still my favorite boss, just remember > break wing tips < this is critically important and you'll be okay.

I can’t speak to other melee classes, with the exception of sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get a correct lock on, I have zero issue tracking it down, and I regularly iframe everything. I’m often finishing runs without my automate going of a single time, even against the black dragon

@Anarchy-Marine

...hence why i'm asking why it's even an option. It just makes trying to target key positions much more of a hassle than it should be.