I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!

Sega put a limited of 10 and 20 day reset time on the Augment Transfer passes option. That is some bull!

I don’t want to play all these other classes!Sega Just kill my vibe on this game with a dumb as move with that cheeseburger!

I am sorry.....but my personal opinion, this is a bad move! I was so excited but I am about to give this game the middle fingers!

Give this game also the middle toes, and with indignation.

I.... am guessing this is the trade for Augment Transfer Pass at the Limited Class EX-Cube Exchange Shop, which only allows you to trade two class EX-Cubes 10 times per group (four groups: Hu/Ra/Fo, Fi/Gu/Te, Br/Bo/Su and Hr) every month or so?

I find the groupings a little strange myself - normally the game breaks it down as melee (Hu/Fi/Bo), ranged (Ra/Gu/Br) and technique (Fo/Te/Su) after all. With the intention to make Summoner a secondary class I'd have two classes in the same group which would be a little awkward for this particular exchange.

But let's consider how much work this really is: 10 exchanges of 2 class EX cubes needs 20 class EX cubes per month if you really want to get more than ten Augment Transfer Pass from this exchange each month. Now that our level cap is 90, we get 7 EX cubes per overlevel, which means you only need to overlevel a class from the non-main groups three times per month. When the cap increases to 95 we'll get 10 per overlevel and only need to overlevel twice per group.

That's really not a lot of work. You might think of it as more if you don't have any classes from other groups levelled at all, I suppose? But I think most people who've played this game a moderate amount have levelled other classes by this point.

Moreover, you only need a high volume of Augment Transfer Passes if you want to transfer a lot of augments at once. The manual shows that 1-4 augments need 5 passes, 5 needs 15 passes and 6 needs 25. Those are attainable in a couple months with the trade with a maxed-out class in just one group (and other sources like Mission Pass and campaigns).

Only at 7+ augments do you need more (50, and 100 at 8!) and I really struggle to believe anyone has the resources to create the kind of 8-augment items they'd want to transfer without having multiple groups of classes capped. Most of my classes are 80+ and I'm nowhere close to being that rich.

I have a lot of Hunter (80) cubes but have not cared to Level my bouncer pass 75 or any of the other class! The part that gets me upset is the limits. If I don’t want to learn the other class I am penalized /chasten!?

Also those who are just starting are more at a disadvantage with the level cap at 90 now! It’s like they will never be relevant. Don’t take a break from the game or let real life issues interrupt your relaxing game play! It is just added stress to a relaxing game!

GM/ Dev Team please remove these restrictions to the Augment Transfer Pass.......please! It is very annoying in my personal opinion and experience!

@RainGnyu said in I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!:

I have a lot of Hunter (80) cubes but have not cared to Level my bouncer pass 75 or any of the other class! The part that gets me upset is the limits. If I don’t want to learn the other class I am penalized /chasten!?

Firstly, what's your Hunter's subclass? I doubt you're playing Hunter/Ranger or Hunter/Force, and since everyone should be aiming for 90/90 right now any other combination would give most people two groups to gain class EX cubes in.

Also those who are just starting are more at a disadvantage with the level cap at 90 now!

Why? There's catch-up mechanics. Accessible equipment is stronger than before, new UQs and such make levelling easier even as the cap rises. I struggle to believe reaching level 90 now is not substantially easier and faster than reaching 75 was prior to Episode 4 adding bonus quest keys.

@Miraglyth said in I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!:

Firstly, what's your Hunter's subclass? I doubt you're playing Hunter/Ranger or Hunter/Force, and since everyone should be aiming for 90/90 right now any other combination would give most people two groups to gain class EX cubes in.

Also those who are just starting are more at a disadvantage with the level cap at 90 now!

Why? There's catch-up mechanics. Accessible equipment is stronger than before, new UQs and such make levelling easier even as the cap rises. I struggle to believe reaching level 90 now is not substantially easier and faster than reaching 75 was prior to Episode 4 adding bonus quest keys.

My focus is Hunter/Braver......

Some people on fleet discord had enough cubes to get 100+ since it reset like 5 times for some reason the first day the transfer passes got put into the shop.

Just use your keys on your off classes, no need to learn or gear them. I just put bouncer as sub, grab a pair of sigma JB, and can do the keys no problem. You’ll easily get enough xp on your main classes through normal play

@RainGnyu You need to understand the purpose of Ability Transfer passes and also their use. You'll eventually want to have all your class leveled if you want titles and certain bonuses. EN will eventually reach the point where even a casual can end up leveling all their classes.

Ability Transfers are intended for endgame affixing to be used for upslotting units or transferring compound affixes, thus you see it require class cubes. Also, no, you are not required to level all your classes, just 4 classes towards each category. EN should eventually get the update where you can buy class cubes but not sure when they will receive it.

It's one thing to be angry, but another for not trying to understand why things were set up the way they are. Just know that you're most likely a minority here.

My focus is Hunter/Braver......

So that's 20 ATPs each month right there. In a month and a bit these two classes alone can get you 60 which is enough for four 5-slot transfers or twelve 4-slot transfers. Since you don't have several level-capped classes I am confident you don't need to transfer 6-slot units. So I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about with this topic.

@SeriPSO2 said in I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!:

@RainGnyu You need to understand the purpose of Ability Transfer passes and also their use. You'll eventually want to have all your class leveled if you want titles and certain bonuses. EN will eventually reach the point where even a casual can end up leveling all their classes.

Ability Transfers are intended for endgame affixing to be used for upslotting units or transferring compound affixes, thus you see it require class cubes. Also, no, you are not required to level all your classes, just 4 classes towards each category. EN should eventually get the update where you can buy class cubes but not sure when they will receive it.

It's one thing to be angry, but another for not trying to understand why things were set up the way they are. Just know that you're most likely a minority here.

You are right I just have to manage my time better and push forward. Maybe I just needed a pep talk!

@Miraglyth said in I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!:

I find the groupings a little strange myself - normally the game breaks it down as melee (Hu/Fi/Bo), ranged (Ra/Gu/Br) and technique (Fo/Te/Su) after all. With the intention to make Summoner a secondary class I'd have two classes in the same group which would be a little awkward for this particular exchange.

For whatever reason, they decided to group the classes by implementation order:

Hu/Ra/Fo: the original PSO classes

Fi/Gu/Te: the new PSO2 classes

Br/Bo/Su: the classes that got added during PSO2's lifetime

He/Ph/Et: scions / even more new PSO2 classes

Still a bit strange, but I guess they did it this way to try to not force people into playstyles too far off from what they enjoy, since each group has a good variety.

@Akonyl said in I am pissed! Augment Transfer passes! What the hell!:

For whatever reason, they decided to group the classes by implementation order

Yep, I'm aware. Just to extend your detail though, PSO2 officially launched in Japan on 04 July 2012 and the second trio of classes - Fighter, Gunner and Techter - were added in September.

The more you know.