GMs, is this legit or a hack?

@coldreactive said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

@Theuberclips said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

It has an absolutely abysmal drop rate, presumably from Dark Emperappy. There's other 15* that should be dropping from Hyunal as well now. But again, absolutely abysmal droprate.

Have fun getting the Novel you actually want in the first place. You can't trade them, there's no series change for the base, only the upgrade which isn't until ep6, and Novel vs other 15* from this episode is not that amazing unless you're playing fighter.

You have a better shot at getting a 14* out of the EP4 urgents than you do getting a novel out of ultimate.

How do we even exchange stuff for the 15-star weapon? I haven't seen any 15-star weapons in any exchange NPC (Not even Zig.)

Zig exchanges for them will be added in Episode 6 as for now they are drop only (presumably by accident)

@YagyuChan said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

It has an absolutely abysmal drop rate, presumably from Dark Emperappy. There's other 15* that should be dropping from Hyunal as well now. But again, absolutely abysmal droprate.

Have fun getting the Novel you actually want in the first place. You can't trade them, there's no series change for the base, only the upgrade which isn't until ep6, and Novel vs other 15* from this episode is not that amazing unless you're playing fighter.

You have a better shot at getting a 14* out of the EP4 urgents than you do getting a novel out of ultimate.

How do we even exchange stuff for the 15-star weapon? I haven't seen any 15-star weapons in any exchange NPC (Not even Zig.)

Zig exchanges for them will be added in Episode 6 as for now they are drop only (presumably by accident)

A few 15* will be during EP5. Liberate, the novel upgrade, is ep6. We will also proabbly have novel dropping late EP5 anyways in an LQ.

It's really not a big deal ultimately.

Novel is one of the weakest 15*, so it dropping in Ultimate is no cause for concern, because they are given out for practically free later as they are budget weapons.

This is until the Liberate upgrade comes, in which case they become some of the strongest weapons, but that's a very long way away. Both Atlas EX and Lightstream completely dunk on Novel (as well as Ophistia), which are Episode 5 weapons, so the assertion that Novel is better than all Episode 5 gear is false.

@Matt said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

Novel is one of the weakest 15*, so it dropping in Ultimate is no cause for concern, because they are given out for practically free later as they are budget weapons.

This is until the Liberate upgrade comes, in which case they become some of the strongest weapons, but that's a very long way away. Both Atlas EX and Lightstream completely dunk on Novel (as well as Ophistia), which are Episode 5 weapons, so the assertion that Novel is better than all Episode 5 gear is false.

No.

The drop rate is so astronomically low on these it's not going to make a significant impact. There's been threads about having nothing to farm for since Nemesis and Slave were so easy to get, and now there's threads complaining about there being things to farm for.

There probably won't even be that many that drop.

@Shirokami07 said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

No.

you sure showed him

A few 15* will be during EP5. Liberate, the novel upgrade, is ep6. We will also proabbly have novel dropping late EP5 anyways in an LQ.

It's really not a big deal ultimately.

You say that but 15* shouldn't even exist currently doesn't matter if they drop later in EP5 since the damage is already done now in my opinion.

You say that but 15* shouldn't even exist currently doesn't matter if they drop later in EP5 since the damage is already done now in my opinion.

None of the game's base mechanics are altered in our version. (IE: all the 'behind the scenes' stuff.) So things like mob world spawns, geometry, stat balance, etc. are all in the game as if it were episode 6. When they added Episode 5, they likely had to add Episode 6 weapons/etc. along with it (IE: for cut-scenes or otherwise.) Since they were part of the whole pack given to them.

No.

A quick look at Matt's statements, point by point:

Novel is one of the weakest 15*

30 seconds in swiki says there are 19 different 15* swords, of which Novel is the 6th weakest. At +35 it has 176 more MEL Pwr than the weakest, and 609 less than the strongest.

It only has a regular potential which is a 14% damage multiplier which is nicely unconditional but middling in potency for 15*, and a 20% critical rate boost when the classes that need 100% probably already have it from other means.

they are given out for practically free later as they are budget weapons.

60 more seconds in swiki says there was a Novel series exchange shop on JP for six weeks in summer 2019.

Whether we get anything like that is another question, but on the basis of Glory badges and recent collection folders I wouldn't be surprised.

Both Atlas EX and Lightstream completely dunk on Novel (as well as Ophistia), which are Episode 5 weapons

Looking at four different weapon types for coverage (sword, double saber, assault rifle, rod) on swiki and arks-visiphone JP:

• Atlas Ex is marginally weaker for power than Novel (7 less on average) but its hidden potential gives an unconditional 18% damage multiplier and one KO prevention per quest which is way better. It also supports SGAs 1, 2 and 3 over Novel.

• Lightstream is moderately stronger for power than Novel (80 more on average) and its hidden potential gives an unconditional 17% damage multiplier and every two minutes fully restores PP with an additional 30-second 3% damage boost when using a PA below 10% PP which slaughters Novel. It also has SGAs 1, 2 and 3 over Novel but does lose SGA 4.

I can't find Ophistia with a quick look at both resources and I'm not going to spend hours looking into that. This should be enough to confirm the point.

which are Episode 5 weapons

The website told us "With ★15 weapons soon to be released in Episode 5" before the Episode 5 maintenance, and the collection folders specifically called 15* that only give 13* weapons known to be on the upgrade path to Atlas Ex makes this pretty much a no-brainer.

So, in conclusion:

"Yes."

@Miraglyth said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

No.

A quick look at Matt's statements, point by point:

Novel is one of the weakest 15*

30 seconds in swiki says there are 19 different 15* swords, of which Novel is the 6th weakest. At +35 it has 176 more MEL Pwr than the weakest, and 609 less than the strongest.

It only has a regular potential which is a 14% damage multiplier which is nicely unconditional but middling in potency for 15*, and a 20% critical rate boost when the classes that need 100% probably already have it from other means.

they are given out for practically free later as they are budget weapons.

60 more seconds in swiki says there was a Novel series exchange shop on JP for six weeks in summer 2019.

Whether we get anything like that is another question, but on the basis of Glory badges and recent collection folders I wouldn't be surprised.

Both Atlas EX and Lightstream completely dunk on Novel (as well as Ophistia), which are Episode 5 weapons

Looking at four different weapon types for coverage (sword, double saber, assault rifle, rod) on swiki and arks-visiphone JP:

• Atlas Ex is marginally weaker for power than Novel (7 less on average) but its hidden potential gives an unconditional 18% damage multiplier and one KO prevention per quest which is way better. It also supports SGAs 1, 2 and 3 over Novel.

• Lightstream is moderately stronger for power than Novel (80 more on average) and its hidden potential gives an unconditional 17% damage multiplier and every two minutes fully restores PP with an additional 30-second 3% damage boost when using a PA below 10% PP which slaughters Novel. It also has SGAs 1, 2 and 3 over Novel but does lose SGA 4.

I can't find Ophistia with a quick look at both resources and I'm not going to spend hours looking into that. This should be enough to confirm the point.

which are Episode 5 weapons

The website told us "With ★15 weapons soon to be released in Episode 5" before the Episode 5 maintenance, and the collection folders specifically called 15* that only give 13* weapons known to be on the upgrade path to Atlas Ex makes this pretty much a no-brainer.

So, in conclusion:

"Yes."

Your argument is flawed and it's painful to see how it misses you.

I didn't even make an argument. I just fact-checked someone you stated without reference to be wrong.

The reason Novel is not too great by itself is because it doesn't support S1-3 SGA slots, which are 10-12% damage increase depending on if your class is critical-based or not (can go higher, but only once Ultra Hard drops).

S4 is a nice slot, but the worst of the 4 overall, it is S5 that is the really powerful slot, but that's only accessible once Novel upgrades. (note: Obviously there are some really great S4, but this is weapon dependent)

Also Novel is a permanent mainstay of the 2020 Weapons Badge shop on JP, which is accessible all the time and 2020 badges came from basically all content in 2020. Chances are we will have them added to Rising Badges or Unique Weapon Badges in the future, but of course I cannot say this for sure.

Don't get me wrong, Novel is great, but it's definitely one of the weakest 15*s until it gets its upgrade due to the lack of SGA slots. Once it does upgrade it's better than Ophistia, Atlas and Lightstream, but Liberate unlockers are limited just like the other 15* trade-in items.

@Miraglyth said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

I didn't even make an argument. I just fact-checked someone you stated without reference to be wrong.

The facts are wronged by the context and time. IF Episode 6 would be released by next year, then you might be a bit right, just a bit.

The reason Novel is not too great by itself is because it doesn't support S1-3 SGA slots, which are 10-12% damage increase depending on if your class is critical-based or not (can go higher, but only once Ultra Hard drops).

S4 is a nice slot, but the worst of the 4 overall, it is S5 that is the really powerful slot, but that's only accessible once Novel upgrades. (note: Obviously there are some really great S4, but this is weapon dependent)

Also Novel is a permanent mainstay of the 2020 Weapons Badge shop on JP, which is accessible all the time and 2020 badges came from basically all content in 2020. Chances are we will have them added to Rising Badges or Unique Weapon Badges in the future, but of course I cannot say this for sure.

Don't get me wrong, Novel is great, but it's definitely one of the weakest 15*s until it gets its upgrade due to the lack of SGA slots. Once it does upgrade it's better than Ophistia, Atlas and Lightstream, but Liberate unlockers are limited just like the other 15* trade-in items.

Yeah but end of Q4 is at the turn of a corner, we can start getting Novel and just bypass everything EP5 has to offer right now. Unless we get catch up methods for Atlas/Lightstream, there's no point bothering because of how soon EP6 will arrive and the sheer ammount of work it takes to get the good EP5 ones fully upgraded and ready to go.

The thing is, Novel absolutely destroys all EP5 content weapons by a big margin.

No, it doesn't, if you don't know what you're talking about, then don't make such a huge claim.

Novel while it is a decent starter weapon series, is by no means strong enough to outdo all of the EP5 series. It was intended as a filler weapon that replaces Dim series for beginners during the time of its release. While it surpasses early ep5 series that are base/secondary upgrades like Jutus or Schvelle, Novel does not beat the end-game series such as Atlas Ex or Ophistia series for a decent amount of classes because it only have access to s4 ssa and trade off for more atk base/slightly higher dmg%/crit. But EN lacks access to s4 ssa other than from Atlas series. Though the weapon series itself can be decent for classes to utilize, it is not the best nor is it better than endgame series for most class nor does it beat other weapon series by a big margin as you claimed. It's only marginally better than some weapon series.

Entry weapons are intended to be strong enough to compete against past episode contents and their equipment, but it's also weaker than endgame series to make endgame weapon series still usable. If you have a Novel to drop, congrats, but if you are already set to making Atlas Ex Series, it should outdo it if you have the right ssa set up for your Atlas.

I hope you at least look up sources before stating claim for anything tbh.