GMs, is this legit or a hack?

@coldreactive said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

@YagyuChan said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

You say that but 15* shouldn't even exist currently doesn't matter if they drop later in EP5 since the damage is already done now in my opinion.

None of the game's base mechanics are altered in our version. (IE: all the 'behind the scenes' stuff.) So things like mob world spawns, geometry, stat balance, etc. are all in the game as if it were episode 6. When they added Episode 5, they likely had to add Episode 6 weapons/etc. along with it (IE: for cut-scenes or otherwise.) Since they were part of the whole pack given to them.

It's very simple.

Episode 3: All 14*+ items are drop disabled. Weapons that are not seasonal only that have S-Class ability slots cannot drop. (Mars was able to drop as it is a seasonal item)

Episode 4: 14* weapons and pets added. Again, same rule as above with S-Class Ability Slot weapons being drop disabled. Also, 14* Parfaits added, but 13* Super variants of Parfaits were disabled.

Episode 5: All weapons that can drop in x area in JP can now drop in NA, except 13* units. And Conversion Rolls + Substitution Rolls for some dumb reason which is bothering the hell out of me.

@SeriPSO2 said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

@Shirokami07 said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

The thing is, Novel absolutely destroys all EP5 content weapons by a big margin.

No, it doesn't, if you don't know what you're talking about, then don't make such a huge claim.

Novel while it is a decent starter weapon series, is by no means strong enough to outdo all of the EP5 series. It was intended as a filler weapon that replaces Dim series for beginners during the time of its release. While it surpasses early ep5 series that are base/secondary upgrades like Jutus or Schvelle, Novel does not beat the end-game series such as Atlas Ex or Ophistia series for a decent amount of classes because it only have access to s4 ssa and trade off for more atk base/slightly higher dmg%/crit. But EN lacks access to s4 ssa other than from Atlas series. Though the weapon series itself can be decent for classes to utilize, it is not the best nor is it better than endgame series for most class nor does it beat other weapon series by a big margin as you claimed. It's only marginally better than some weapon series.

Entry weapons are intended to be strong enough to compete against past episode contents and their equipment, but it's also weaker than endgame series to make endgame weapon series still usable. If you have a Novel to drop, congrats, but if you are already set to making Atlas Ex Series, it should outdo it if you have the right ssa set up for your Atlas.

I hope you at least look up sources before stating claim for anything tbh.

Novel goes into Liberate and wins.

Why build up for weapons which are already about to be discarded?

The thing is, Novel absolutely destroys all EP5 content weapons by a big margin.

No, it doesn't, if you don't know what you're talking about, then don't make such a huge claim.

Novel while it is a decent starter weapon series, is by no means strong enough to outdo all of the EP5 series. It was intended as a filler weapon that replaces Dim series for beginners during the time of its release. While it surpasses early ep5 series that are base/secondary upgrades like Jutus or Schvelle, Novel does not beat the end-game series such as Atlas Ex or Ophistia series for a decent amount of classes because it only have access to s4 ssa and trade off for more atk base/slightly higher dmg%/crit. But EN lacks access to s4 ssa other than from Atlas series. Though the weapon series itself can be decent for classes to utilize, it is not the best nor is it better than endgame series for most class nor does it beat other weapon series by a big margin as you claimed. It's only marginally better than some weapon series.

Entry weapons are intended to be strong enough to compete against past episode contents and their equipment, but it's also weaker than endgame series to make endgame weapon series still usable. If you have a Novel to drop, congrats, but if you are already set to making Atlas Ex Series, it should outdo it if you have the right ssa set up for your Atlas.

Is it always going to be like this?

Your entire comment thread shows how little you know about the weapon tier and match-ups. Liberate series died the first few months after it was released. I honestly hope you're not just parroting off something you heard and haven't confirmed yourself.

While Liberate is an end-game series, it underperformed for a decent amount of classes because Atlas Ex and Austere (Ophisitia) series were buffed by getting plus potentials. Also, Liberate was only marginally better than base Atlas Ex by a tiny bit before the buffs came for a few classes. So again, if you don't know what you're talking about. Don't claim things you have yet to confirm. The only thing Liberate had an edge over Atlas Ex was access to s5 ssa, so it was good for certain builds and classes but not all.

Also, just an advice for the future, you best should farm for an Atlas Ex because it remains top 5 weapon series for most classes if that gives you an idea of what EP6 finale would be like, and no, Liberate is below that.

The facts are wronged by the context and time.

Not... really. No amount of time makes Novel better than Atlas Ex or most 15* weapons, or stops it having been an accessible exchange in JP the likes of which we'll probably also get.

The timing of content arrival is a separate point worth discussion, sure, but it's not fair to say Matt's demonstrably true statements are wrong.

Yeah but end of Q4 is at the turn of a corner

Firstly I'm glad you're agreeing now. Second, for my own benefit, have they said Episode 6 part 1 will be the end of Q4? The roadmap announcement just says Q4. Episode 4 lasted four maintenances (eight weeks). If Episode 5 is the same we'd see the start of Episode 6 Part 1 on 25 November. Given that they probably want a quiet Christmas I don't personally expect it to be any later than early December.

Second, doesn't this mean the content progression is actually being staggered pretty well? Right now we have Nemesis, Raven, Invade, Ivlida, demonic and Jutus 13* weapons accessible through badge exchanges or collection folders. Most of these are already 60% light too! Next week we'll get Val 13* weapons the same way (and can now get it from Crimson Fellwyrm in advance). From these we can presently get Lumiere and Atlas 14* through a series of exchanges.

Yes we can get better 15* and for some weapons 14* drops from UQs or ultimate if you're willing to sink tens of hours into that or spend a fortune. I'm not sure how that's meant to be a problem though. Would you want high-level content to be meaningless for a couple of months?

It seems we're heading for the Atlas Ex exchange during Episode 5, and that's looking to be stronger than Novel. Then likely sometime after that the upgrade from Novel to Liberate will make that the strongest, and then maybe future upgrades will overtake that too. That's power creep in a nutshell.

Now this is a fact that is "wronged by the context and time".

A quick check-in with Zig shows we don't have that trade yet. We don't know when we're going to get that trade either. It might not be in Episode 5 at all (or it might, I don't really see how it'd be a problem either way).

For that context, let's take a quick look at when JP got certain content with reference to the ever-helpful bumped update notes:

Your assertion is that since Liberate is better than Atlas Ex (a point SeriPSO2 above disagrees with and which I will stay out of), there's no point in undertaking the exchange progression. You mention Q4 as when you expect that to be available. But do you know what JP also got in the same patch that added Liberate? Étoile. This places Liberate as Episode 6 Part 2 which is not the Q4 entry on our roadmap.

Supposing a likely best-case of eight weeks (four maintenances) per major update, no delay for seasonal events like Christmas, and the Liberate exchange on the maintenance that brings us Episode 6 Part 2, we shouldn't expect the Liberate exchange to arrive any earlier than 20 January 2021. Meanwhile we might get the Atlas Ex trade this month.

Moreover, by the time Liberate is available or very soon after, as Matt references JP having done the same thing, we are likely to have an easier way to obtain Novel weapons than we have at this point in time.

That's why the rare availability of Novel at the moment does not obsolete the exchange progression we are undertaking right now.

Your entire comment thread shows how little you know about the weapon tier and match-ups. Liberate series died the first few months after it was released. I honestly hope you're not just parroting off something you heard and haven't confirmed yourself.

While Liberate is an end-game series, it underperformed for a decent amount of classes because Atlas Ex and Austere (Ophisitia) series were buffed by getting plus potentials. Also, Liberate was only marginally better than base Atlas Ex by a tiny bit before the buffs came for a few classes. So again, if you don't know what you're talking about. Don't claim things you have yet to confirm. The only thing Liberate had an edge over Atlas Ex was access to s5 ssa, so it was good for certain builds and classes but not all.

Also, just an advice for the future, you best should farm for an Atlas Ex because it remains top 5 weapon series for most classes if that gives you an idea of what EP6 finale would be like, and no, Liberate is below that.

Liberate is welfare gear tho.

Liberate is weaker than Atlas EX plus potential.

Whatever you are smoking, I want some.

alt text

Look, if you don't know what you're talking about, just stop responding...Please.

alt text

Look, if you don't know what you're talking about, just stop responding...Please.

Wait, wait wait wait

So you're saying, there's a possibility to get anything stronger than Liberate at roughly the same speed and difficulty?

Should I remind you that the game is over?

They might be referring to the technically free Lib (and by that it was a free novel GS from a mission and other missions giving lib mats) from the road to Luster campaign JP just had. Which well... is at the very very end of EP6 and the game in general. At that point Lib is mostly worthless except for the S5 and Atlas plus pot exists in a better spot.

So it's only technically welfare but only at a point where it doesn't matter at all anymore. A point NA is still well off of.

Edit: When I say end of EP6 and game in general I mean main story. JP is still getting new content and stuff.

@Miraglyth said in GMs, is this legit or a hack?:

That's why the rare availability of Novel at the moment does not obsolete the exchange progression we are undertaking right now.

If you play a single weapon I guess it's a viable thing to do if you have nothing else to do for the period of 4 maintenances until it gets blasted away by another weapon which is extremely easier to obtain, which later gets replaced by another weapon in a soon period.

It's up to you to make a huge effort for mediocre superiority in a single weapon for a very short lifespan.

alt text

Wait, wait wait wait

So you're saying, there's a possibility to get anything stronger than Liberate at roughly the same speed and difficulty?

Oh dear,

So you're saying, you don't even know what you're talking about at all and so you divert your attention to accessibility of a weapon?

Also, news flash, only the story ended and not the game.

It's nice seeing you really expose yourself for not know what you're talking about hence the derailing.

NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST GO THROUGH 8 YEARS OF CONTENT IN LESS THAN THE YEAR AND HAVE ANY FORM OF ACCELERATED PROGRESSION!!! NOOO!!!

alt text

Wait, wait wait wait

Oh dear,

So you're saying, you don't even know what you're talking about at all and so you divert your attention to accessibility of a weapon?

Also, news flash, only the story ended and not the game.

It's nice seeing you really expose yourself for not know what you're talking about hence the derailing.

No. Learn to read. Or read.

If you play a single weapon I guess it's a viable thing to do if you have nothing else to do

Are you talking about Novel farming or the Atlas Ex upgrade route?

I think both are viable depending on your time and interests. I certainly don't think "there's no point in any EP5 content" as your original post says, and if you are talking about that I don't understand why you'd be limited to a single weapon type.

We get 5-7 collection folder slots at a time and a 48-hour cooldown for every sheet that only needs a single item (4-5 buster quests) to be completed so that's more easily repeatable than previous sheets (and the weapons are generally below 300k each at 30-cap from other people doing them already, or barely any more at 35-cap from others getting them as drops!).

Maybe you mean the probably temporary-limited exchange materials like Chronos Eternistone (of which I think we can only get two right now)? If so, perhaps. I expect they'll be renewable at some point in the not too distant future.

for the period of 4 maintenances until it gets blasted away by another weapon which is extremely easier to obtain, which later gets replaced by another weapon in a soon period.

Really struggling to follow you on this one. Do you still mean Atlas Ex will be blasted away by Liberate? Because I'd refer you to everyone else's posts about that comparison, and my own point that it'll be more than four maintenances since you're comparing a mid-late Episode 5 provision with an early Episode 6 Part 2 one.

And even if it was four maintenances, that's still two months. If you want to be under-geared for that long with - in your words - nothing else to do, be my guest I suppose? 🤷