Summoner Sweets -- Rolls need to be addressed soon

We are not only missing certain sources of candy, but we're also straight up missing candy from places that should drop them right now.

We only have Megaton Parfaits available from the NPC shops right now. This could be improved a lot as it has been on JP -- many weapon badge shops had various candies over the years.

The CF situation seems to be going well at the very least with Stat-Stamina cookies being in the 13* egg collections. These cookies are super important to summoner and were painful to get in JP, so this is an improvement. Only just recently did they start handing them out again. (for reference -- I paid 5m per cookie just to get 12 of them and there were only like 20 on the market at the time -- they're down to at most 1m each now)

Rolls: Currently the most important rolls that need to be addressed are Steadfast Roll, Conversion Roll, and Bravado Roll (NA name pending for the last 2).

Steadfast Roll (JP name: ふんばりロール) - Only source is titles. In JP, this is a possible Recommended Quest reward from the box, as well as just straight up available from the shop for weapons badges. More sources of these are very nice, this is a very good roll

Conversion Roll (NA name pending, JP name is へんかんロール) -- Unavailable. Should be dropping in Naverius Ultimate, also available to buy in the same place you buy Nemesis weapons on JP. This roll is quite important for SuFi in EP5 as it makes Melon very, very good before Su swaps to full TEC build in EP6. Melon also falls off in EP6 due to enemies having high damage, causing it to die from Dia Master very easily.

Substitution Roll (JP name: みがわりロール) -- Only source is currently Titles. Should be dropping in Lillipa Ultimate. Same as above with Raven weapons too.

Bravado Roll (NA name pending, JP name is つよがりロール) -- Unavailable. Only available with weapon badges and certain collection files, does not drop anywhere in JP. This Roll first debuted with a Collection File for Ultimate Amduskia in 2016-2017. It was readded into a Collection File from July 2018 to January 2019 that was meant to be completed with the Urgent Quest that Global just got in early November, Dying of Depths. Lastly it became a part of the permanent 13* pet collection file as an additional reward for some pets. This roll is INSANELY important for many bossing situations, as pets have very low defense compared to players generally.

Sympathy Roll (NA name pending, JP name is いたわりロール) -- Unavailable. Frustratingly rare in JP as well, unfortunately -- until the recent Urgent Quest added there revived it. Has niche uses, but generally isn't used much in current JP content. Only content that gave it was the Christmas 2018 seasonal.

Fluffy Roll (NA name pending, JP name is ふんわりロール) -- Unavailable. Honestly a pretty unused roll anyways, but only was available from a collection file 1 year ago for a seasonal. This is arguably the lowest priority of the rolls to worry about, since Crisis Roll pretty much does the same thing and is extremely accessible thanks to the shop. It's also technically an Episode 6 roll, and is the last roll they've made in recent times.

Barrier Roll (NA name pending, JP name is いたわりロール) -- Unavailable. Core roll for certain content that will appear in EP5 if you want to do an extremely excessive challenge. Only came from Collection Folders in JP, though. Outside of that one very specific challenge, this roll is fairly unused.

Parfaits seem to be somewhat being addressed but rolls just seem forgotten in all of this -- Support Rolls are the most popular and very, very good, but they drop and so we have sources of that and its not an issue... at least at the moment. People use way more than Support Rolls. It's part of the reason Summoner is such an in-depth class because there's no "best box" for any pet at all given points in time. People will do their boxes differently and very often end up with different results, especially because again, pets have below average defense and rolls are a way to help deal with that.

EDIT: Support Roll should be set due to Yamato triggers being buyable in the badge shop now. This actually solved a separate issue of Yamato Factor availability that I saw to be an issue on the JP side, so I'm very happy about this.

One thing you may notice is a lot of the word "seasonal" in this. Yeah, a lot of candy was seasonal specific. This includes parfaits, and even cookies -- but the most recent cookies that were added were extremely recent and so don't necessarily need to be addressed right away (Stat-Spiritas). Stat-Stamina Cookies have already been addressed in this, and Parfaits slightly addressed with Luxury and Vigorous Parfaits being in the mission rewards, but there's still tons to go. Rolls are just the gigantic elephant in the room, particularly because there hasn't been a new Roll for pets in ages on JP -- it's just the Parfaits that are improving, really (outside of Invincible roll getting a stealth buff at some point)

The other thing you might notice beside "seasonal" is "Collection File." I think this is even more of a reason that candy is missing because quite a few candies only had their actual source be the Collection File. This is primarily rolls, but there's a couple Parfaits that were missed too -- some notables being Super Vigilant Parfait (超みまもりパフェ) and Spirited Parfait (はりきりパフェ).

Conversion rolls are definitely the most important thing in my eyes that need to be added. I'd like to experience EP5 Melon on SuFi before we swap off of the MEL side of summoner in EP6. And on top of this, it's literally the only thing missing in Ultimate Naverius at this point -- we even have Dia, Ares, and even Novel weapons dropping there now. So why are the rolls missing?

I should note that JP made a lot more candy available through a collection file that's available 24/7 as well, but we have stat-stamina cookies so I dunno that I can really complain other than that they get 6 different candies per CF done (and not all of the CFs are the same!) whereas we get 3. The plus side is that stat-sta's are super, super cheap and easy to get on Global which is a massive plus though.

Reviving as this is still a pretty major issue, Conversion Rolls are still MIA and EP5 isn't gonna be much longer. I was looking forward to SuFi MEL Melon so much 😞

There's also us Te/Su hybrid builds who will be getting the all-class harmonizer from Ultra Hards in Episode 6 too. So... yeah.

Ah there's already a topic for this. Cool. Yeah, with Trick or Treat temporarily adding 14★ pets it feels strange that some of what feel like mid-tier sweets don't exist in Global yet. The pace of pet and sweets progression hasn't really lined up!

@Miraglyth Hmm, hijacking for a single post to ask, are 14★ and different color pets solely from events? If yes, that makes Su even more RNG based to maximize, considering best pet Rappy is already RNG based...

@ZorokiHanuke said in Summoner Sweets -- Rolls need to be addressed soon:

a single post to ask, are 14★ and different color pets solely from events? If yes, that makes Su even more RNG based to maximize, considering best pet Rappy is already RNG based...

14★ certainly not. Unless it was removed from our drop list, the new Queen's Nightmare UQ should already be dropping Wanda Egg 14★. A quick look on swiki for a couple of other pets gives various permanent sources for other 14★ pets too. Shiny, I don't know. I've just assumed any 14★ egg drop has the potential to be shiny.

During easter 2020 JP had limited-time collection folders for all 14★ pets - yes, including Rappy (from other discussions I can say that some people definitely don't consider Rappy necessary to maximising Summoner). We might get similar sometime, potentially next easter, and if so everyone is recommended to complete those. Unless swiki is outdated, 14★ is the highest rarity pets can be so that's why I feel our progression there (practically complete) is a stark contrast to that of sweets (behind JP as Theuberclips explains).

@Miraglyth Agreed. 13★ seems already as good when maximized through + points. I'm slowly maxing a Jinga myself. But I do feel like certain sweets may be needed, regardless of us at least having some base to work with. As said above, cookies and pancakes are on permanent steady supply so far, as are all the sweets from Pietro's weeklies. Certain rolls are indeed a rarity. I think I only have like 2 so far. And parfaits I own came from titles if I remember correctly.

13★ seems already as good when maximized through + points. I'm slowly maxing a Jinga myself. But I do feel like certain sweets may be needed, regardless of us at least having some base to work with.

14★ raises the level cap to 130 and pets' levels aren't a simple multiplier of stats. For some pets that level range offers some big changes. For instance by 13★ and level 120 Jinga is basically an upgraded Wanda, but with level 130 Wanda gets a dramatic increase in its defensive stats to become a friggin' tank. The infamous 7777 DEX of Rappy is entirely a level 130 thing too; at level 120 it only gets 447 including the 250 plus points which is way less.

Wanda and Jinga are arguably one of the pets suffering most from the sweets we're missing; Vigorous Parfait has two much-improved upgrades on JP that simply don't exist on Global, and since you can't use two of the same parfait it means JP Jinga gets a solid 46.41% damage increase and our optimal Vigorous + Frenzied combination is generally 27.2% with a very conditional potential 34.4%. With at least the second-tier Vigorous we'd seriously catch up from being ~16% damage behind to within 1%. (The third tier version making Jinga self-healing is just icing.)

@Miraglyth Hmm. that's a wealth of knowledge I didn't fully know. I knew that levels = more power of course. But since I haven't seen it myself on stats, I didn't know it was to be so large of a difference. By now, the ToT event has given me a14★ Sally and a Melon. Haven't maxed any, though. So it will take me a bit of time to see what I actually got in those two. Doesn't help that with my main being my Bouncer, I treat this as a side project...

So I'll update this more a bit later. Bravado rolls probably weren't out at this point, but were out very, very soon. Conversion Rolls not being in is kinda super messed up. I can't find when Steadfast rolls got added to the Recommended Quest rewards. This is mostly going off some info of some pre-ep6 runs that I saw.

Conversion Rolls are what make Melon specifically amazing for SuFi as Melon has a ton of MEL Def at lv130. The time is running out for it to shine.

There's quite a few parfaits that aren't out due to being released with Seasonals.

Thank you for bringing this up, Arks! I'll take this to the team.

@Theuberclips said in Summoner Sweets -- Rolls need to be addressed soon:

There's quite a few parfaits that aren't out due to being released with Seasonals.

Yeah I noticed several parfaits appeared to be seasonal. But we're about to enter Winter 2020, and by Winter 2021 New Genesis will be out for an unknown time. If, say, certain BIS parfaits are limited to Autumn events/campaigns and they're focusing on a freshly-released New Genesis in Autumn 2021, Summoners on Global may never get these parfaits despite them having been translated.

Considering New Genesis in general it may be time to consider giving seasonal sweets a permanent source even on JP.

@GM-Deynger said in Summoner Sweets -- Rolls need to be addressed soon:

Thank you for bringing this up, Arks! I'll take this to the team.

Awesome, thanks as usual!

@Miraglyth Since PSO2 isn't getting exactly axed after NG, maybe Sega will throw something for people to return to it. I DO hope these come before NG, but wouldn't be surprised if they get them out to global after NG's release, among other things we may not have over here yet. Sounds a bit odd, but odd is the fact that NG and PSO2 will run at the same time through the same launcher anyway.. Typical Sega spirit right there.

@Miraglyth Since PSO2 isn't getting exactly axed after NG, maybe Sega will throw something for people to return to it.

I'm aware of that, but as you say it's only a maybe. Summoners shouldn't have to worry that they may be operating under a permanent nerf due to Global never receiving meta content if they focus on New Genesis to the exclusion of PSO2 campaigns. And to make an obvious point, we could have been seeing these seasonal sweets this year and they were left out even without NGS.

@Miraglyth Yes and yes. The more I delve into summoner's upgrade path, the more I see it lacks things that apparently should have been here already. But if what I believe is true, and the game's update path is fixed outside of bug fixing, then no matter how much we request, the missing stuff will be released at an already pre determined point. We just have to hope it's not too late into the game's life. We also have to hope that stuff is indeed part of one of the update packages to begin with. Though there wouldn't be any reason for the stuff not to be there.