I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Right now Elder is best in slot, Lumiere is just material to make Atlas EX, and then Atlas EX will be pretty good, but Elder is still a sidegrade to Atlas EX and should be equipped in a 2nd sword slot.

idk how you're getting the EP0 is best in slot. it has no damage potential, and no SSA slots.

@Milranduil said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Right now Elder is best in slot, Lumiere is just material to make Atlas EX, and then Atlas EX will be pretty good, but Elder is still a sidegrade to Atlas EX and should be equipped in a 2nd sword slot.

idk how you're getting the EP0 is best in slot. it has no damage potential, and no SSA slots.

Unneeded right now, there's hardly any good S abilities worth using. When ep 6 comes out that'll change, but for now as a hero EPO is insane, and that's backed up by it being one of the most highly traded swords in the game with its absurd pricing. 3d22ab13-5716-4671-b84e-ea5cf5d41728-image.png

@RainGnyu He maybe could be a veteran JP player and tbh it's really not that hard. It'll take some getting use and lots of time practicing and playing yeah, though doing that will eventually have you if not on the same level as him or even more. Since (I'm assuming you're a new player to the series ) it takes time and understanding of the game you'll begin to notice your hard work down the road and begin to see and understand how the game mechanic'(s) work. Don't quit, don't give up, Just keep playing. You can also use JP resources like affix guide videos and classes played by other people (Experienced players) to see how to play something efficiently and effectively too and use that knowledge in NA for when the game releases the contents down the road. Though in the end, just continue to play and practice, You'll find your "Goat path" down the road as long as you continue playing.

Unneeded right now, there's hardly any good S abilities worth using. When ep 6 comes out that'll change, but for now as a hero EPO is insane, and that's backed up by it being one of the most highly traded swords in the game with its absurd pricing. 3d22ab13-5716-4671-b84e-ea5cf5d41728-image.png

would you like me to pull out a damage calc comparison, or is there honestly no point because you don't trust numbers?

would you like me to pull out a damage calc comparison, or is there honestly no point because you don't trust numbers?

this thing is 25% higher base dmg than the jutus for instance.

That's not how any of this works.

The average attack right now in NA is around 4000-4500 with weapon, base, affixes, etc. all factored together. This means 1% damage increase is roughly worth 40-45 attack. EP0 has 284 more MEL than Lumiere at +35, which is worth a whopping 7-8% damage while Lumiere's potential is 12% increased damage before any SSAs are included. EP0 is for healing only, or lazy playstyle, but it is not best in slot whatsoever.

I like the heal option for Elder Pain Omega! Why wouldn’t the heal factor make it best in slot?

@RainGnyu said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

I like the heal option for Elder Pain Omega! Why wouldn’t the heal factor make it best in slot?

Best in slot to the person saying it is not is for damage % increase which I don't disagree with and in fact Luminere beats out the Elder Pain Omega in the damage department but if you like heals then go for the Omega by all means since I feel it is preference in this case not about BiS weapons all the time in my book 🙂 I know with the right affixes the Elder Pain Omega can hold its own in EP5 and even early EP6 content.

That's not how any of this works.

The average attack right now in NA is around 4000-4500 with weapon, base, affixes, etc. all factored together. This means 1% damage increase is roughly worth 40-45 attack. EP0 has 284 more MEL than Lumiere at +35, which is worth a whopping 7-8% damage while Lumiere's potential is 12% increased damage before any SSAs are included. EP0 is for healing only, or lazy playstyle, but it is not best in slot whatsoever.

You are correct in your analysis here as a Japanese player I can verify this from having 3 Elder Pain Omegas and 2 Lumineres.

@RainGnyu said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

s4: lifesteal, megiverse, resta, automate halfline, all of these are options to help you heal when you make mistakes without sacrificing large amounts of damage on your weapon. this game has a metric ton of ways to block, guard, counter, or tank damage without needing weapons purely designed just to heal you and it's worthwhile to learn how to use them to your advantage because it nearly all cases, not only does it stop you from taking damage or reduce it, but in fact is a DPS increase.

This game is so complicated! But fun! The matrix of it all is overwhelming!

@RainGnyu The best advice I can give you is to set a goal for yourself and stick with it. If your goal is to get great gear, you can accomplish this by grinding, crafting, or alting (or a combination of all 3). Finding what the best selling items are, or the most efficient means to make Meseta can mean the difference between being stagnant in game or gaining gear at times.

My tips are as follows:

• Each account has 3 characters. Make all three characters on 1 ship, and level your two alts to a minimum of level 50. You do this so you can complete the weekly quests "Take orders make even more Meseta" and "enhance a weapon." These two weekly quests alone net you 1.6 mil per character. With a bit of harvesting on all the different planets you can earn an additional 600k via Yerkes, earning you a cool 2,205,000 per character, or 6,615,000 in total per week.

• My next tip is to not ignore the daily crafting queue in your personal quarters. You can spend a few minutes per day and craft items for NPCs earning a small amount of meseta and items of high value on the player market (if you have premium or a shop pass). Higher ticket items include PA fragments for crafting PAs and techs, Iroback, and crystals.

• Another tip is to not ignore your auxiliaries. They can gather items for your characters that can be turned in to complete weekly quests of no small value. An example of this is to get quests from Franca (the cook) and turn them in once your aux's have gathered the required materials to turn them in. This can net you special food items called "Miracle Rations" in bundles of 5 which can be used to complete the "use a booster or food" daily quest.

• Don't be afraid to horde silver keys for more valuable times to use them. Expired silver and gold keys can be turned in at the swap shop, for shiny new gold keys at a turn around of 5 keys for 1 new one.

• Excubes and Photon spheres. Remember to turn these in once you have an abundance to get items to sell on the market or to improve crafting, or your own gear and mag.

• If you're going to spend money in the game, think of what would benefit you most first. Small amounts of burst income from scratchers is nice, but unlocking new meseta farming alts (at 20 characters that's 44,100,000), to permanent income and storage or auxiliaries to increase passive questing gains, is a more permanent and financially wise choice. If you're going to buy additional mags, try to make a mag that is appropriate for each style of class (bouncer, braver, and phantom primarily use dex mags. Fighter, and hunter use melee mags. Techter, Force use tech mags. Ranger and gunner use Range mags. Hero, Etoile, and Luster use any attack stat mag (dex doesn't count as an attack stat on your mag)).

• Finally, Don't compare yourself to others and assume that you'll just be poor at it. There's a common adage for MMORPGS: It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.
    The game is meant to be just that: A game.
    Take your time, enjoy what you enjoy, and don't let anyone else tell you how to enjoy the game. Take time to learn the classes that interest you most and experiment with the class builds, because "good" players didn't become "good" at the game that they're playing by trying to keep up with the Joneses. At once point, another player will approach you and say something akin to "hey awesome gear! Where'd you get it!" and you'll have achieved Goat.

Have fun!

@Milranduil There is no such thing as a general "Best in slot" in PSO2. A weapon that is Generally good can be objectively bad for certain classes. A fantastic example of this is Nemesis/Raven Jetboots versus Homura, Guren, or Xien, Jetboots for a bouncer using element stance. The Oath potentials, and SAF Phase Weak increase your overall damage by 7%-13% by simply attacking an enemies elemental weakness, and as a bouncer, changing your element is as easy as charging a tech. If that doesn't sound like a lot, it should, as roughly only 3% of your overall damage quote comes from your affixes if you spend time tuning your gear with damage modifiers. Sorry weapon sellers. 😞

@BarrelHunter said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Milranduil There is no such thing as a general "Best in slot" in PSO2. A weapon that is Generally good can be objectively bad for certain classes. A fantastic example of this is Nemesis/Raven Jetboots versus Homura, Guren, or Xien, Jetboots for a bouncer using element stance. The Oath potentials, and SAF Phase Weak increase your overall damage by 7%-13% by simply attacking an enemies elemental weakness, and as a bouncer, changing your element is as easy as charging a tech. If that doesn't sound like a lot, it should, as roughly only 3% of your overall damage quote comes from your affixes if you spend time tuning your gear with damage modifiers. Sorry weapon sellers. 😞

Yep, was talking about sword cuz Elder Pain Omega is... a sword.

@BarrelHunter said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

There are infact BiS weapons in PSO2, just not for all classes, and its not a permanent thing.

Easy Example in JP right now is Serpen Plenzer for Bouncer. It's a seasonal weapon that has been out for what a year now? A Year and a half? And despite stronger JBs coming along, they still all lose out to Serpen due to damage cap making Serpen's speed up and range of Vinto(Jetsweep Kick) effectively higher DPS than even the latest weapons.

Luckily ya'll dont have to deal with that nonsense right now, but it's coming lol.