I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.

@Vita-Starshine said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki The best in slot is the one that maximize YOUR playstyle, not the playstyle of a party that want you to do what they do. There are so many different classes and some of them use different styles of fighting, so that weapon or set may not be the best for that person. BiS is just Preference and opinion. True that a lot of the best have a lot of stats that does help but might not be the stats and stuff that someone wants and or is looking for. It's like twin daggers, people don't like them because they hit for less but if they they're actually fun and for comboing. People can say what they want but it's what fits that individual that should matter, not what someone else tells you to do. "Don't play this because this, don't use that because of that, listen to me and you'll be God." what if it doesn't work for them?

I agree since I played Double Saber back in the JP days where people said it was horrible and this post reflects exactly how I felt and feel now. πŸ™‚

@YagyuChan said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

I agree since I played Double Saber back in the JP days where people said it was horrible and this post reflects exactly how I felt and feel now. πŸ™‚

Yeah, exactly. What people, saying for people to do the same as that person is like Backseat gaming, "Get this or else." "That's not how you're suppose to play." "That combo? ew." That' backseating and gate keeping because the numbers look good to them.

@Vita-Starshine said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Yeah, exactly. What people, saying for people to do the same as that person is like Backseat gaming, "Get this or else." "That's not how you're suppose to play." "That combo? ew." That' backseating and gate keeping because the numbers look good to them.

For me when helping someone I will suggest the options to them but in the end of the day it is down to them to pick all I will do is suggest my best personal build for that class with the cards laid out on the table. πŸ™‚

For me when helping someone I will suggest the options to them but in the end of the day it is down to them to pick all I will do is suggest my best personal build for that class with the cards laid out on the table. πŸ™‚

I don't get many people asking me for my opinion, might be due to the fact I am a TeFo and NA Elites from JP don't like TeFo so they're like "No not you." I find TeFo really fun. Also, you can use Wand as much as you like, doesn't have to be a Talis. I'm having fun doing TeFo and it's been a really great help. I personally suck on a FoTe, however. FoTe is stronger in power, yes but it doesn't fit me. I'm a lot more squishier on a FoTe than a TeFo and I do quite a bit of damage and know how to do a TeFo.

@Vita-Starshine

It's my motto in pretty much any coop based experience that as long as you're doing the bare minimum to be relevant for the content we're going to hop into and you know what's going on in the fight and can hold your own I don't care what you run or how you play. I wish more people had this attitude with coop games.

I don't get many people asking me for my opinion, might be due to the fact I am a TeFo and NA Elites from JP don't like TeFo so they're like "No not you." I find TeFo really fun. Also, you can use Wand as much as you like, doesn't have to be a Talis. I'm having fun doing TeFo and it's been a really great help. I personally suck on a FoTe, however. FoTe is stronger in power, yes but it doesn't fit me. I'm a lot more squishier on a FoTe than a TeFo and I do quite a bit of damage and know how to do a TeFo.

I play FiHu and make some controversial build decisions in my skill tree so I know the feeling kinda. πŸ™‚

I am doing Hunter/Braver with a Crit build. Hope it works like I have planned.

Look everyone knows to be the GOAT you have to have fashion... It is the true game of END GAME

BiS exists but is not mandatory. It is not relative. Just because somebody performs better with a different weapon than the stated BiS does not change meaning of the phrase. Honestly how is it difficult to understand this?

Uptime and staying alive is typically more important for higher overall damage output than raw numbers. A weapon that may give you the ability to maintain uptime without having to heal or prevents you from dying may be better for YOU in that specific situation but that doesn't make it Best in Slot. The concept is based around optimal play which is very rarely, if ever, even achieved.

If something works for you go nuts but don't expect other people not to question it. Tell them to piss off if you need but that doesn't mean the concept of optimisation isn't objective.

@The-Raven said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

BiS exists but is not mandatory. It is not relative. Just because somebody performs better with a different weapon than the stated BiS does not change meaning of the phrase. Honestly how is it difficult to understand this?

Uptime and staying alive is typically more important for higher overall damage output than raw numbers. A weapon that may give you the ability to maintain uptime without having to heal or prevents you from dying may be better for YOU in that specific situation but that doesn't make it Best in Slot. The concept is based around optimal play which is very rarely, if ever, even achieved.

If something works for you go nuts but don't expect other people not to question it. Tell them to piss off if you need but that doesn't mean the concept of optimisation isn't objective.

Well put! Thank for you commit.

@RainGnyu pleAse... stop subbing braver...... sub fighter or even summoner at that point... your getting nothing u need from that.... like im not gonna tell u to play exactly one way... but thats doing nothing for u. if ur as wrapped up in survivablity and off meta builds as u say why don't u sub techer? u'll be a lil tankier and you can use techs. u might like that. u can deband urself and others. braver is doing iterally nothing for u as a sub class. i never thought i'd say this but sub Techer if u really wanna tank

Sometimes I feel too stupid for this game and it’s honestly so discouraging. My husband who is by far a better player just helped me increase my damage 3x the amount I was doing. This means I was playing my class wrong, plain and simple.

You’re never done learning in an MMO, once you think you’ve figured it out they add or change something else. Enjoy the ride and just keep practicing.

I remember when I used to die all the time and no class fit my style till I played Fighter/Hunter since I could use the Double Saber (Favourite weapon btw) and have Iron Will which makes me not die so much. πŸ™‚ Point is that you will improve over time it just takes practice.

I found myself playing this game pretty regularly the past few weeks and was a lvl 50 hero and got to 90 just two days ago. While grinding I figured I'd try something different and try to get the special weapons Zieg gives, so I got my lumierre weapon. i was happy as hell, but the damage wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. Sooo I tried endless and some guy gave me shit about my weapon being bad and told me not to die.

I will say that one: I did die, but so did he. and two: he had S-augments out the wazoo with his weapon going past 2000 atk. Even with the augs, it didn't seem like they were doing as much damage either, and they were Hero.

Later I tried augmenting my weapon and its a pain. Its annoying and you risk starting over. sometimes a minor setback but if you don't have any spare augs of the ones you want, back to the drawing board. So what I took from that was, fuck it. Thats not fun. Good for you, good for you if you have 100* more damage than my 1900atk weapon. But what I DID like, is the little tweaks i could give. I gave my Lumierre Poison I so I could affect Luthers Clock giving other players a chance to do more damage. THAT I liked. So now I'm putting status buffs on a bunch of weapons for all kinds of situations, like Monster Hunter!

So screw being better than everyone, leave it to the birds and their pecking order. Do what makes it fun for you.

@Raif said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

I found myself playing this game pretty regularly the past few weeks and was a lvl 50 hero and got to 90 just two days ago. While grinding I figured I'd try something different and try to get the special weapons Zieg gives, so I got my lumierre weapon. i was happy as hell, but the damage wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. Sooo I tried endless and some guy gave me shit about my weapon being bad and told me not to die.

I will say that one: I did die, but so did he. and two: he had S-augments out the wazoo with his weapon going past 2000 atk. Even with the augs, it didn't seem like they were doing as much damage either, and they were Hero.

Later I tried augmenting my weapon and its a pain. Its annoying and you risk starting over. sometimes a minor setback but if you don't have any spare augs of the ones you want, back to the drawing board. So what I took from that was, fuck it. Thats not fun. Good for you, good for you if you have 100* more damage than my 1900atk weapon. But what I DID like, is the little tweaks i could give. I gave my Lumierre Poison I so I could affect Luthers Clock giving other players a chance to do more damage. THAT I liked. So now I'm putting status buffs on a bunch of weapons for all kinds of situations, like Monster Hunter!

So screw being better than everyone, leave it to the birds and their pecking order. Do what makes it fun for you.

Thank you! You post help lift my spirits! Brings enjoyment back into the game. Relaxing and up lifting!