I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.

@GHNeko I think what they and myself mean about "no BiS" is that there is never and will never be any MPA content that requires you to have a specific set of gear and affixes in order to complete said content. BiS/affixing in my opinion has always only been important if you either a) care about min maxing and want something to chase...or b) are doing optional content and need all the extra help you can get.

@Knight-Raime said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@GHNeko I think what they and myself mean about "no BiS" is that there is never and will never be any MPA content that requires you to have a specific set of gear and affixes in order to complete said content. BiS/affixing in my opinion has always only been important if you either a) care about min maxing and want something to chase...or b) are doing optional content and need all the extra help you can get.

none of this means that BiS gear doesn't exist or can't be quantified. it simply means more casual players don't care much about it, which is fine no one has said in here there's a problem with that mindset. that being said, what is considered a BiS weapon remains pretty objective in this game throughout EP5 and 6 due to weapon potentials and SSA slots. whether someone chooses to strive for that is up to them.

OMG! I didn’t know the keys give so much EXP! I love you guys! Thank you all!

@GHNeko said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

There are infact BiS weapons in PSO2, just not for all classes, and its not a permanent thing.

Yep, It's been out for almost 2 years now. The Serpen is exactly why I said " A weapon that is Generally good can be objectively bad for certain classes," though I should've specified "weapon series" instead. I kinda boiled out because I have to disillusion a lot of people who talk to me about gear and weapons because they learned something from a Youtuber, talking about how a piece of gear or series of gear that's "BIS."

@Milranduil

I never denied its existence. My statement in other threads has been "bis is relative to the player."

The only reason people like me mention stuff like this is because there are people out there who insist upon needing specific gear and affixs or your harming your group.

All were trying to do is help ease the minds of those who can't or don't understand the process of affixing and weapon upgrading and would rather just get something decent and play.

@Knight-Raime said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Milranduil

I never denied its existence. My statement in other threads has been "bis is relative to the player."

this is like saying math is relative to the person. one weapon does more damage than another, it's really that simple. there's no strict meta in this game where you require a tank, a support, and some DPS to clear quests. legit anyone can play any viable class combination in a multi-party, and that multi-party will clear the content.

there are of course optimal setups that depend on the quest or raid boss, but that always entails a specific type(s) of DPS (for example fighter or hunter) or burst (e.g. bow braver or gunner), and 1 support (techer, with ranger sub sometimes). In general, everyone is just some sort of DPS with a support sometimes if you're lucky in pugs.

for the record, hate or aggro in this game is based on DPS with the exception of a few skills like show time (gunner) or war attract (hunter). it's also worth noting that when someone who is playing either gu or hu don't know what they're doing, they can often make it more difficult for other players to a boss or its weak point essentially making the quest take longer. in short, the idea of "tanking" or aggro management is not very effective in this game

The only reason people like me mention stuff like this is because there are people out there who insist upon needing specific gear and affixs or your harming your group. All were trying to do is help ease the minds of those who can't or don't understand the process of affixing and weapon upgrading and would rather just get something decent and play.

not once have i said anyone needs to have or use or affix or upgrade anything... i've simply stated what weapon is better than another.

@Knight-Raime Yeah, that is a mentality in every MMORPG. "Get this weapon, this armor, this gear doesn't matter if you're better with another weapon or you like this style or you are no good to us!" So I get what you're saying with what you said when you mentioned "Insisting upon needing specific gear and stuff."

I've seen many players that were good that didn't have the same items as another that was "Recommended." the star of the weapon is better since it'll be stronger but it depends on your style of play. Someone might be a DoT player or someone might like Bleeding in a game or someone might love to not get their mana drained or someone might like having a certain skill and ect. Nothing is really wrong with the other weapons it's just that people are like "This or you're a noob."

@Milranduil

DUDE ;-; you're seriously missing the point.

I am not in anyway suggesting that someone should walk into an end game boss with anything less than relevant gear for said content. I also didn't state you were shaming anyone gear wise. I merely mentioned that people regularly do this both in PSO2 and other mmorpg situations. Hell I sure as heck thought I was going to be screwed because i've been skipping on affixing. But i've been fine. And all I want to do when I talk about BiS with other people is to make sure they don't have the same level of anxiety I have about their gear.

You really don't need to fight me on this because we're both in agreement.

@Vita-Starshine

FREAKING THANK YOU for understanding what i'm trying to get at. I thought I wasn't being clear enough ;///;

@Vita-Starshine said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Knight-Raime Yeah, that is a mentality in every MMORPG. "Get this weapon, this armor, this gear doesn't matter if you're better with another weapon or you like this style or you are no good to us!" So I get what you're saying with what you said when you mentioned "Insisting upon needing specific gear and stuff."

I've seen many players that were good that didn't have the same items as another that was "Recommended." the star of the weapon is better since it'll be stronger but it depends on your style of play. Someone might be a DoT player or someone might like Bleeding in a game or someone might love to not get their mana drained or someone might like having a certain skill and ect. Nothing is really wrong with the other weapons it's just that people are like "This or you're a noob."

But if you could min-max your playstyle with the right gear you will be better than people without the right gear, therefore Best In Slot exists.

I say just play to your strengths and the rest will come eventually since in the Japan servers there was none of this "Best in slot" term as the people know that even an Elder Pain Omega if used by someone that knows their class can out DPS a 15* user that has no such knowledge of their class and is deemed "Useless" to their team. Honestly if you wanna follow the "Meta" then do it otherwise have fun since it is a game after all and people shouldn't get worked up over it. 🙂

@Kurumi-Tokisaki The best in slot is the one that maximize YOUR playstyle, not the playstyle of a party that want you to do what they do. There are so many different classes and some of them use different styles of fighting, so that weapon or set may not be the best for that person. BiS is just Preference and opinion. True that a lot of the best have a lot of stats that does help but might not be the stats and stuff that someone wants and or is looking for. It's like twin daggers, people don't like them because they hit for less but if they they're actually fun and for comboing. People can say what they want but it's what fits that individual that should matter, not what someone else tells you to do. "Don't play this because this, don't use that because of that, listen to me and you'll be God." what if it doesn't work for them?

Are people getting upset because they are being told that their best BIS really not that important or necessary to be relevant?

@RainGnyu Yes, it would appear so. lol