I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.

I want Elder because of the heal factor!

Right now Elder is best in slot, Lumiere is just material to make Atlas EX, and then Atlas EX will be pretty good, but Elder is still a sidegrade to Atlas EX and should be equipped in a 2nd sword slot.

Who are the best players?

@RainGnyu said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

It depends what you value the most, do you mean highest Atk? or most meseta? or most fashion?

@T-R-A-S-H said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

It depends what you value the most, do you mean highest Atk? or most meseta? or most fashion?

Not sure! We need some one to put up a category thread post! Someone other than myself who is more knowledgeable of game mechanics.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Right now Elder is best in slot, Lumiere is just material to make Atlas EX, and then Atlas EX will be pretty good, but Elder is still a sidegrade to Atlas EX and should be equipped in a 2nd sword slot.

Elder is not best in slot, Lumiere is stronger than EPO even without any SSA slots, and blows past it with SSA slots.

I really believe Elder is best in slot for Hunter.......but I suck at this game so what do I know!

Elder's issue (and by Extension; Elder Pain Omega) is that they have no multis. They do have very high base atk which is further increased due to Element; but the main issue is that Sword already has an inflated atk base and as a results multipliers are extremely potent on it. The DPS gain from never having to stop and heal with EP is basically negliable compared to Automate and/or the Life Leech Meta Atlas is about to unfortunately introduce lol.

Due to the lack of multis, it's actual damage falls short of a lot of weapons and it generally used as a utility weapon.

@GHNeko said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Elder's issue (and by Extension; Elder Pain Omega) is that they have no multis. They do have very high base atk which is further increased due to Element; but the main issue is that Sword already has an inflated atk base and as a results multipliers are extremely potent on it. The DPS gain from never having to stop and heal with EP is basically negliable compared to Automate and/or the Life Leech Meta Atlas is about to unfortunately introduce lol.

Due to the lack of multis, it's actual damage falls short of a lot of weapons and it generally used as a utility weapon.

Break it down a little more please! Because Elder has leach mechanic plus High base attack. Not understanding why it isn’t the best in slot?

Also what do you mean By?:

Elder's issue (and by Extension; Elder Pain Omega) is that they have no multis.

Teach me please Master Chief!

Break it down a little more please! Because Elder has leach mechanic plus High base attack. Not understanding why it isn’t the best in slot?

The long and short of it is like this.

If you have Weapon A with 1500 ATK and 60 Element, it's effective attack is 2400 (1500 * 1.6). If you ahv Weapon B with 1400 ATK and 60 element, but also a 1.15x DMG boost from its potential (115%), it's effective attack is 2576 ((1400 * 1.6)*1.15).

Despite Weapon A having more base atk, it ends up losing in offensive potential because it has no damage boosting potential. At the Crux this is the issue with EP/EPO. Weapons with ATK that's not too low will surpass it in power with a reasonable dmg boosting potential. This gap is increased further due to SSA/SOP adds. You could argue that the dmg gap between EP/EPO and similar tiered weapons is worth less than the life leech and that may be true up to a certain degree, but considering you're at the starting line of Atlas/Atlas EX weapons, Austere/Ofstiere weapons, and future 14/15* weapons with equal or higher ATK bases with damage boosting potentials that come with utility; EP (which is an older weapon) and EPO don't have the value that stronger weapons brings.

In modern day JP, the optimal usage of EP/EPO is simply to restore your health back to full when you take damage, and then swap back to an actual stronger weapon as PSO2 pushes you to learn to block, parry, and dodge rather than take hits all the time.

Yes damage is not everything, but EP/EPO is overshadowed by stronger weapons that bring either their own brand of healing/tankiness/utility that stop EP/EPO from being BiS.

The long and short of it is like this.

If you have Weapon A with 1500 ATK and 60 Element, it's effective attack is 2400 (1500 * 1.6). If you ahv Weapon B with 1400 ATK and 60 element, but also a 1.15x DMG boost from its potential (115%), it's effective attack is 2576 ((1400 * 1.6)*1.15).

Despite Weapon A having more base atk, it ends up losing in offensive potential because it has no damage boosting potential. At the Crux this is the issue with EP/EPO. Weapons with ATK that's not too low will surpass it in power with a reasonable dmg boosting potential. This gap is increased further due to SSA/SOP adds. You could argue that the dmg gap between EP/EPO and similar tiered weapons is worth less than the life leech and that may be true up to a certain degree, but considering you're at the starting line of Atlas/Atlas EX weapons, Austere/Ofstiere weapons, and future 14/15* weapons with equal or higher ATK bases with damage boosting potentials that come with utility; EP (which is an older weapon) and EPO don't have the value that stronger weapons brings.

In modern day JP, the optimal usage of EP/EPO is simply to restore your health back to full when you take damage, and then swap back to an actual stronger weapon as PSO2 pushes you to learn to block, parry, and dodge rather than take hits all the time.

Yes damage is not everything, but EP/EPO is overshadowed by stronger weapons that bring either their own brand of healing/tankiness/utility that stop EP/EPO from being BiS.

Ok I understand now! But what about survivability? If your are dead you can’t attack. I think some people focus too much on DPS and not enough on HP/heal factor/ leach heal or invulnerability abilities. As a hunter I want to stay alive as much as possible.......right or wrong? I have a certain build I am trying to obtain but it seems to go against the norm for my class.

I tend to focus on more on the self heal HP invulnerability factor along with more Dex/crit fury option, Melee build. That is my thoughts on my personal battle situation.

But I don’t know! Not even close to being a Pro!

Survivability is not really a frontwards factor focus until late EP5 and all through EP6. And if we're talking about Hunter, it's an afterthought via skills(Stalwart Will Is it? And Automate Halfline).

Hero? Yeah sure that's very important and why a lot of Hero players in early EP5 JP focused on affixing HP on to gears. But the ability to heal is covered by megi/resta, on top of the life leech meta that took over PSO2 when Atlas was released and still dominates the game to this day. Because of Heros' ability to heal with a life leech S4 and access to healing techs, the healing of EP/EPO because only situationally useful as opposed to useful all around.

It's not like people are focusing on DPS over everything else to an unreasonable degree, but rather you have many options that mitigate danger to such a curiously high degree that the healing from EP/EPO come off as excessive and overkill for many people which is why they're not as highly evaluated in general.

Unless you avoid survival skills from Hunter's tree and you refuse to learn how to dodge/step counter as Hero; being able to heal in grandiose amounts is a novelty at best for a lot of hard/challenging content.

That being said, you're free to go down that route if you're playing as a less serious player. It's not like it's awful. It's just far from BiS.

@Frathlir said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Don't pay attention to how others are doing, pay attention to how you're doing and whether you are having fun with what you're doing.

100% this. You don't have to match the progression of others or "keep up," as those goals exist only in your mind. Continue doing what you enjoy, as the game is not intended to be competitive in regular, PvE content. As a GM, I jump on my personal account from time to time, but I'm not racing to get the newest 14 star weapon, since that would eliminate some of the joy I feel in meandering my way there. It's about the journey, not necessarily the destination, fellow operative. 🙂

@GM-Deynger said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Frathlir said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

Don't pay attention to how others are doing, pay attention to how you're doing and whether you are having fun with what you're doing.

100% this. You don't have to match the progression of others or "keep up," as those goals exist only in your mind. Continue doing what you enjoy, as the game is not intended to be competitive in regular, PvE content. As a GM, I jump on my personal account from time to time, but I'm not racing to get the newest 14 star weapon, since that would eliminate some of the joy I feel in meandering my way there. It's about the journey, not necessarily the destination, fellow operative. 🙂

Thank you this made me feel better! Much love .......I have a new focus!

PSO2, Like all RPGS, and pretty much all games in general, requires the player to put in the effort and time in order to get those high-end equipment that he has.

You are clearly in the right direction if you are inspired by what your friend has and the things that he can do, if you put the effort in and with proper guidance, you also can accomplish it. there are many people willing to help, but in the end, it comes down to you wanting it. think of it like something you want IRL, you want it? you gotta work for it, make the money for it, and get it, simple as that. you can always settle with Affordable gear (which there is nothing wrong with that), but if you want what some of us call "Big dick" gear, A LOT of effort must be put in must be put in to acquire it.

As far as the skill comes in, this comes naturally over time with proper guidance, and practice. practice. practice. learn your class, learn its ups, its downs. pay attention to enemy move patterns. every single boss in this game does something that will let you know what will happen, and it will never change. it all comes to practice, and as a good friend told me once, its called personal growth.

I'm not going to tell you to quit now, if you are making a thread here, its because clearly you want to keep playing, but you gotta be hungry for those things and put the work for them, as with any game pretty much putting in the effort to reach "endgame. PSO2 is really a game that there really is no endgame. the endgame is really what you want to make it. dont give up. get up, learn from your mistakes, and keep going. that's the only way you will become a GOAT.