I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.

The other day I saw this Goat name Freeman on ship 1. This dude gear was powerful! Everything I wanted! I talked to him and said this gear was awesome! He was very polite and kind and had No Egotistical atmosphere about him. I could tell he really enjoyed this game. Made me feel good about playing the game in that short conversation we had. But as I was grinding I realized I won’t be as good at this game as he is. I think because I am to impatient and want everything now. The reason I say this is because he said,” It took him forever to build up his gear!” So I started 🤔 what am I good at in this game specifically? What can I be a Goat at?

Help me find my Goat path?

The "problem" i see with Global is, that the content is rushing in. The Content we got in like 2 to 3 Months were like 5 to 6 Years in JP Version.

Back to your Question... You could try to be a Title Hunter, Fashion Hunter or a "Master crafter" for your Team/Peeps you're playing with.

For me, due to beeing a Summoner Main (without playing any other Class, except the lv75 stats) near all content as of now is pretty much useless for me.

So i choosed to be a "Pokemon Trainer" to get all possible Pets/Eggs, and their Shiny forms (future ones included), to be at lvl130 + nice SweetBox.

Otherweise i am stacking Meseta and SG without any real use for it lol

*Edit just for peeps like "Kurumi Tokisaki"

@Zonk said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

The "problem" i see with Global is, that the content is rushing in. The Content we got in like 2 to 3 Months were like 5 to 6 Years in JP Version.

Back to your Question... You could try to be a Title Hunter, Fashion Hunter or a "Master crafter" for your Team/Peeps you're playing with.

For me, due to beeing a Summoner Main (without playing any other Class, except the lv75 stats) near all content as of now is pretty much useless for me. So i choosed to be a "Pokemon Trainer" to get all possible Pets/Eggs, their Shiny form included, to at least lvl130 + nice SweetBox. Otherweise i am stacking Meseta and SG without any real use for it lol

level 130 is 14* only, and there's no +. there's only 2 shiny pets in game too, melon and marron from naverius/lillipa.

I've been feeling this a bit lately too. I think it's because I'm used to games where I'd already be falling behind, but I'm not. I've just been doing what I can to get even better with my job class. I've been fulfilling all of the COs and getting all the partner cards too. I'm not focusing too heavily on gear.

Help you find your path? Are you having fun wit the game how you play now? If so, I'd say you found your path. I've noticed the content coming so fast that a casul skum like me can't keep up with the newest weapons, but if the gear I'm using does the job I need it to do well, do I really have keep up with the latest and greatest?

Personally I think it's great they have all this gear out that can be acquired in several different ways. It allows players of various skills/ time constraints/whatever to set a goal and have one that is attainable. Those that have hours and hours to grind up the newest weapon every time it comes out has that super rare goal. Players like myself, that don't put so much time in, can go for a goal that is a bit more modest but the results will be every bit as good for me for the content I play as the grinding player who plays the top difficulty content.

Don't pay attention to how others are doing, pay attention to how you're doing and whether you are having fun with what you're doing.

@RainGnyu Want your goat path? Re-read your sig.

There’s a lot of things you can be good at but you have to pick what makes you happy. What would make you happy in this game?

You mentioned gear, you could work on your BiS. It’s tedious but completely doable if you put the time in. Would you feel better if you had comparable gear?

What about your class? Do you feel confident playing it?

Finally you could find enjoyment in crafting or finding the perfect outfit for your lookbook. There’s fun and fulfillment in this game for everyone.

@ZorokiHanuke said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@RainGnyu Want your goat path? Re-read your sig.

Lol.........well when you think of Pso2 do you remember my name? If so then I am getting there. If not I got work to do!

@ApollosAmour said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

I've been feeling this a bit lately too. I think it's because I'm used to games where I'd already be falling behind, but I'm not. I've just been doing what I can to get even better with my job class. I've been fulfilling all of the COs and getting all the partner cards too. I'm not focusing too heavily on gear.

this game always lets you catch up because the end-game stuff will be concentrated around a few zones and you can always pick up the good loot/units/weapons there and etc. Even if you're on 12* and just started yesterday in a week you could have full cleasis and a 14* weapon.

I feel that Sega wants NA to catch up to JP because it's becoming Global. No one, that is farther than NA, wants to play Global and regress their character, starting all over. If they're going to bring others together, the others that are behind needs to catch up. For them to bring in things this fast are fine, the ones that are ahead just know how to play the game and know where to get them. 9 times out of 10, those people don't want to share with you, until it's outdated content. However, there are many guides to get that stuff, but would be based on JP content. It's probably similar but with a few differences and hardships.

It's not that hard to catch up and all you need is a guiding hand, sometimes being solo is a bad thing if you want to progress faster. Some people, not all, are willing to help you out. You just need to find good people, good as in kind not good as in elites that think their word is law.

You wanna be a GOAT? Then put the time and effort into it. If you think there are shortcuts and want to be lazy, then you might as well stop now.

@Milk said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

There’s a lot of things you can be good at but you have to pick what makes you happy. What would make you happy in this game?

You mentioned gear, you could work on your BiS. It’s tedious but completely doable if you put the time in. Would you feel better if you had comparable gear?

Finally you could find enjoyment in crafting or finding the perfect outfit for your lookbook. There’s fun and fulfillment in this game for everyone.

What is BIS mean?

Well, building a good guild with and honorable reputation!

@RainGnyu said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

@Milk said in I love this game but I will never be as good as you at it.:

What is BIS mean?

Well, building a good guild with and honorable reputation!

It means finding an Elder Pain Omega, Rappy Shine, Dual Bird, Rykros Staff, Ophistia weapon or Cleasis Units.

why not just go for a lumiere instead of elder, at least lumiere is goin somewhere lol