Weapon Crafting? Bouncer still has that skill/passive that damage boosts crafted weapons.

How do I craft weapons? Because there's a Bouncer skill/passive that you CAN ACTUALLY SPEND SKILL POINTS ON RIGHT THIS SECOND to boost crafted weapons:

alt text

Yes, I know it applies to 10-Star+ weapons too, but why even put the crafted weapon bit in if they never plan to add weapon crafting?

first you don't spend a point in that skill, second with the exception of Summoner and the Scion classes all others have that exact same skill so you can ignore the part of crafted weapon because weapon crafting was never implemented

@Jamesmor said in Weapon Crafting? Bouncer still has that skill/passive that damage boosts crafted weapons.:

first you don't spend a point in that skill, second with the exception of Summoner and the Scion classes all others have that exact same skill so you can ignore the part of crafted weapon because weapon crafting was never implemented

I'd rather take it over the active skill. Since I dislike active skills in PSO2. I barely can utilize Weak Bullet on Assault Rifle as it is. Since I suck at aiming and timing things.

you don't get it that skill for all classes that have that skill is already invested and maxed out you simply won't put a single point there because is not possible to put skill points in it also weak bullet is easy to use, just shoot in 1 part that will be marked as weak point and change to another weapon like launcher and start hitting that part

Yes, that Skill is a default Skill on every class (except Summoner and the Scion Classes), and is worded like that to make sure you get the bonus even if you are using a crafted 1*; that said, Bouncer also has the Crafting Mastery Skill, which grants a stat bonus to Crafted Equipment (+10% at max).

Weapon Crafting will eventually be added, but it has not yet because of the massive stat difference between OT Weapon Crafting (which we won't get since we don't have OT weapons) and NT Weapon Crafting (which is the version we will be getting, which was released during Episode 6).

Comparing a set of Crafted 11* Soaring Blades between the two systems (for NT, I am also adding the last Extension level before needing Platinum materials and Diards):

Extension Level MEL-Pwr no grind MEL-Pwr max grind
OT Ex.1 424 826
OT Ex.9 524 1021
NT Ex.1 1139 1537
NT Ex.5 1297 1751
NT Ex.12 1576 2127

As you can see, implementing NT Weapon Crafting too early would greatly unbalance the game since even at Ex.5 (which you would have been able to make even at the beginning of Episode 4, materials wise), any weapon would have stats that are low-to-mid-14*, with the only draw back being the loss of the natural variance reduction of 7*+ weapons (though this is a non-issue on 100% Crit Builds, like Bo/Hu).

And with Crafting Mastery, that means that a set of Ex.12 Soaring Blades would have 2340 MEL-Pwr, which sets it firmly in the mid-15*range, stat-wise.