Afking in Buster Quests

@_Flux_ said in Afking in Buster Quests:

The most toxic I've ever seen people in this game is over that stupid Tri-boost. And like... I get it. It's really nice to have that 40% extra exp and rare drop. But throwing a childish fit over no party or incomplete party or people who don't want to party gets you nowhere, and doesn't make anyone want to party with you more.

I noticed that they became more aggressive on this particular thing, with related symbol arts spammed in area chat over and over, taunts and insults to people not joining a party, party invite spams with subsequent flames.

Imho that's on sega as they should've foreseen that running around a map for days/weeks/months with abysmal drop rates eventually leads to frustration and people would become toxic if they feel deprived of a tiny bit of RDR.

On the other side, the AFK it's only on the players as they willfully choose to do nothing and get loot/xp (altho I don't understand afking for xp since we got enough keys to level most, if not all, classes to 90).

@_Flux_ said in Afking in Buster Quests:

The most toxic I've ever seen people in this game is over that stupid Tri-boost. And like... I get it. It's really nice to have that 40% extra exp and rare drop. But throwing a childish fit over no party or incomplete party or people who don't want to party gets you nowhere, and doesn't make anyone want to party with you more.

You can always pre-make a party if you want it, guaranteed. That's what people did before dungeon finders and auto-matchmaking and it still works fantastic.

And yes, I've had people AFK in BQs too over it. It's just childish. Like they would bring everyone down just to get their way. Screw em.

That 40% triboost is multiplicity instead of additive iirc, so that is actually a lot more than a merely 40%. Even if it is additive, it is a curtesy to wait for people to show up before entering a match. A buster quest lasts for like 20 minutes, a lot of the times 30 extra seconds is all you need for people to get into the party.

Tbh, I hate people starting the quest because THEIR party is filled.

Still, that 40% party bonus thing is just a bad design in general. They should just remove it and reimburst that 40% in some other way.

@OldStrongSide said in Afking in Buster Quests:

@Milk said in Afking in Buster Quests:

What makes me angry is when they’re deliberately doing it. Someone who had to BRB isn’t going to hide far behind the tower(not to the side where you load in). They’re leeching on purpose. If they had time to hide out of sight then they had time to type “sec” or “brb” if that was their intention.

I get sick of carrying these jerks. It doesn’t matter if the run was successful, why do they get to profit over everyone working hard? I hustle in BQ and my party usually hustles. It simply isn’t right to let other people do all the work.

They need to add a voting system. So we can vote on kicking them out of the BQ for AFK. As it is possible to run it with 7 people. 5-7 votes would be enough for the majority.

Vote kick can be abused, but they could simply add an afk timer. If you are not moving for x amount of time, you get kicked automatically, and the difficulty get rescaled to the number of players available.

AFK timer is useless when you can just run an AHK script to reset it.

What they should have implemented is an activity meter which depletes if you aren't attacking anything or interacting with tower defense stuff and replenishes when you do said things. Mana crystals not included since spawn points are fixed and somebody could just AFK on that spot.

Too bad we will never get any fixes for this.

@SeriPSO2 Actually, i'm not going to bother explaining anything again. As i said, i can simply ignore the EQs and that is what i will mostly do, except maybe when there is a daily i might consider it. It's obvious that it's just an issue for me.

Also, no, i was not offended.

@_Flux_ Heh, yeah. I remember when i did some buster quests and some one said "join party, get tri-boost" or something like that, and i told them "i don't care about that" or something along those lines. Then they told me to "drop dead". I'm sure if i would have jumped down their throat about it, it would have degenerated into an argument, but i just found it funny. Although makes one wonder what triggers such a reaction in people for something so meaningless...

Soloers are kinda toxic 2. You join quests where the norm is joining a party and expect everyone to just deal with your preference, you go in knowing you are going to disappoint or anger other people even if it isn't why you do it. No excuse for harassment but you've probably irritated far more people than you know with most nevef ssying anything to you.

I had someone AFK in a Buster Quest a few days ago. After I called him out in the chat by telling everyone to report him, he suddenly started moving. Imagine being too lazy to play the game you are playing and just sitting there watching others do things for you instead.

@Fiona-Respha meh just solo it, the sooner they realize that a game is meant for fun. The sooner they lighten up, granted it might take 60 years.

That sad moment when you do better in Buster with two people than a full party. Communication and cooperation matter more than numbers. I’m sick of the AFKing lumps and sick of players who chase one monster like a dog chasing a mailman while towers are getting nuked. It’s just depressing at this point.

That sad moment when you do better in Buster with two people than a full party. Communication and cooperation matter more than numbers. I’m sick of the AFKing lumps and sick of players who chase one monster like a dog chasing a mailman while towers are getting nuked. It’s just depressing at this point.

I noticed that kind of behavior too and I can give you a tip or two:

• have the map always open, so you can see where and when the towers spawn and destroy them for yourself, same goes with large groups of mobs usually ignored when hyunal spawns
  • When there are huge laser cannons after the first attack phase, do not expect other people to go there, specially if that is coupled with a hyunal spawn
  • Fists, bombs, rockets, ephimera cores, etc. are less likely to get ignored, but it's always worth to keep an eye on them
  • In the last attack phase, check out on the map where people go and pick the side with less players. In a BQ, I've seen 6 people go for the right side and only one went for the left (I obviously went left)

I know it's a pain (and depressing as you said), but it's better to put some more effort than taking a loss.

@condor

Oh you’re right on all points and I play jetboots so I have the high mobility to get around but man I start feeling resentful after a while. Buster is oddly my favorite thing(when the party is good) and I’ve luckily only lost twice but some of those wins have been too close.

Do you guys think because you talked about it on the forums that maybe you made it worse? Maybe the problem is bigger because you advertise the issue?

@condor said in Afking in Buster Quests:

I noticed that kind of behavior too and I can give you a tip or two:

• have the map always open, so you can see where and when the towers spawn and destroy them for yourself, same goes with large groups of mobs usually ignored when hyunal spawns
  • When there are huge laser cannons after the first attack phase, do not expect other people to go there, specially if that is coupled with a hyunal spawn
  • Fists, bombs, rockets, ephimera cores, etc. are less likely to get ignored, but it's always worth to keep an eye on them
  • In the last attack phase, check out on the map where people go and pick the side with less players. In a BQ, I've seen 6 people go for the right side and only one went for the left (I obviously went left)

I know it's a pain (and depressing as you said), but it's better to put some more effort than taking a loss.

This is how I do the Buster Quests. Though sometimes it can be hard to go to the side with less players when I do get there first.

Mild brag but I just finished the UQ buster without a single tower dying, this has never happened in UQ before! Normally people are standing around doing literally nothing, if they’re not AFK then they’re pretty dang close. For once everybody was pulling their weight and it was beautiful.