Afking in Buster Quests

@GM-Deynger So, if i "AFK" in an urgent mission, as there are way too many people for others to participate, not to mention max level people with fully upgraded weapons in a level 20 version of the mission, can i get reported and banned for not bothering with it? If yes, then that is stupid.

I'm certain that i despise AFKers more than anyone else here, but i don't enjoy running at the enemies just to watch them all keel over before i even make it close enough to do anything. The only way to avoid that is to do the same BS yourself. UGH!

Although i'm sure reporting people for AFKing is the same as reporting people for botting. Which is to say, they might get a slap on the wrist but that is all. This is true in most MMOs, because think of the saving!

This is, of course, not about buster quests, as you can at least gather mana, or whatever crystals those things are, when there isn't anything else to do.

I reported someone a day or so ago for AFK'ing half the fight of Main Adv. (IE: Grade 3+, not just Grade 3.) We obviously failed the quest. Making everyone lose about 115 Buster Points.

@Yggranya it's a free exp leech for you then if everyone else is killing things for you. I am assuming your char lvl is low if you are doing normal difficulty Urgent. Generally it is frown upon if you AFK during Urgent even if it's on a lower difficulty.

Mind you, you won't get exp if you are too far away from the mobs as well. So it won't do AFKers any good since at that lvl you do the Urgent for exp not for the drops. Once you get to SH/EH level people wont be one shotting everything so your issue will be solve at a higher difficulty.

@Albedo said in Afking in Buster Quests:

Mind you, you won't get exp if you are too far away from the mobs as well. So it won't do AFKers any good since at that lvl you do the Urgent for exp not for the drops. Once you get to SH/EH level people wont be one shotting everything so your issue will be solve at a higher difficulty.

Normal Buster Quests don't have this issue. Much like the Daybreak province Urgent Quest (Which is actually going to be a level-Up quest eventually), EXP is earned map-wide.

I mean, I know life can happen, and someone abruptly has to stand up, resulting in afking/leaving mid quest, I am soft towards this kind of scenario, as you never know, give benefit of doubt.

What I do not tolerate, are people that AFK from start to then, the whole thing, if they need to stand up, they can logout or leave party, giving room to another person to join instead, I've even seen people in UQ not attacking, buffing, nor healing, just running around waiting for the rest to finish the quest. Today I've done 3 BQ with 1 AFK in each, from start to end, of course, this is demoralizing to go do more.

If they say they gonna ask for a sec I'm sure people wouldnt mind. I have done this a few times in BW and everyone was koo about it. Communication is important.

@YagyuChan said in Afking in Buster Quests:

@Amari-Kigu said in Afking in Buster Quests:

Seriously, this is getting to become a major issue. Unlike other content where afking is a mild annoyance at best, afking in a buster quest makes it so much harder for other players, especially on advanced+ and not everyone is able to do a static alliance BQ run.

Anyone else had problems with afking in BQs?

I have the issue of people saying what to do and getting toxic about it despite doing what they said. Sometimes I wish I can mute the general chat in the game cause it is annoying to see people complaining despite doing what they said anyways. Same as PVP battle arena tbh.

You can technically do that by switching over to the Alliance chat channel.

Do people do this to level classes they don’t want to play to get the extra buffs?

@RainGnyu said in Afking in Buster Quests:

Do people do this to level classes they don’t want to play to get the extra buffs?

Theyd be doing the Floating Facility AQ while equipped with a Sigma Bastad. I dont think you can do grade 3 while below level 75.

@Thedovahmon said in Afking in Buster Quests:

@RainGnyu said in Afking in Buster Quests:

Theyd be doing the Floating Facility AQ while equipped with a Sigma Bastad. I dont think you can do grade 3 while below level 75.

Grade 3 level requirement is level 30 so it is likely they will do BQs to be carried.

I dont like afkers in my BQs but I haven't had more than one at any time so it hasn't soured me on playing BQs as carrying one person is hardly noticable in even in advanced.

@Albedo said in Afking in Buster Quests:

If they say they gonna ask for a sec I'm sure people wouldnt mind. I have done this a few times in BW and everyone was koo about it. Communication is important.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they had the courtesy to let the MPA know that they gotta BRB quick, but they unfortunately don't. Communication seems rather non-existent on this game most of the time.

What makes me angry is when they’re deliberately doing it. Someone who had to BRB isn’t going to hide far behind the tower(not to the side where you load in). They’re leeching on purpose. If they had time to hide out of sight then they had time to type “sec” or “brb” if that was their intention.

I get sick of carrying these jerks. It doesn’t matter if the run was successful, why do they get to profit over everyone working hard? I hustle in BQ and my party usually hustles. It simply isn’t right to let other people do all the work.

@Milk said in Afking in Buster Quests:

What makes me angry is when they’re deliberately doing it. Someone who had to BRB isn’t going to hide far behind the tower(not to the side where you load in). They’re leeching on purpose. If they had time to hide out of sight then they had time to type “sec” or “brb” if that was their intention.

I get sick of carrying these jerks. It doesn’t matter if the run was successful, why do they get to profit over everyone working hard? I hustle in BQ and my party usually hustles. It simply isn’t right to let other people do all the work.

They need to add a voting system. So we can vote on kicking them out of the BQ for AFK. As it is possible to run it with 7 people. 5-7 votes would be enough for the majority.

@OldStrongSide

I agree with this, it’s never been a problem in ffxiv. My whole party was angry but we couldn’t do anything about it other than report, we still had to finish the run with that leech.