The longer the game stays open the laggier it is to open the Options menu.

Possible sign of a memory leak, but after 6-8 hours of having the game open the game slows to a crawl/super laggy when hitting my keybind for the options key whereas when it first boots up Options come up immediately (as there's a few options I like to quickchange on the fly)...

PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900X

GPU: TITAN RTX

RAM: 32 GB 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance

SSD: Intel 660p 2 TB

Surely a reboot every couple of hours would hurt.

well if you are running a program for long time memory leaks can happen but is hard to say is the game fault without looking what else you are running together with the game

@Jamesmor said in The longer the game stays open the laggier it is to open the Options menu.:

well if you are running a program for long time memory leaks can happen but is hard to say is the game fault without looking what else you are running together with the game

Exactly. I don't have the problem the OP mentioned. I have an SSD as my only drive as well. My system is far less powerful on top of that: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-FX705GM-Laptop-GeForce/dp/B07KBBKQ8X

I sometimes leave PSO2 open overnight, because the game doesn't kick you for being AFK.

@Jamesmor said in The longer the game stays open the laggier it is to open the Options menu.:

Just Steam, Google Chrome and nothing else.

It's only the option menu which lags, everything else runs silky smooth 160 FPS on max game settings... But the longer the game remains open when I hit the options menu there's a noticeable instant lag/freeze for that moment that gets longer and longer.

well you are running Google Chrome that is nefarious for being a browser that uses tons of memory for absolute no reason at all

well you are running Google Chrome that is nefarious for being a browser that uses tons of memory for absolute no reason at all

I have 32GB RAM, Chrome never takes more than 4% of my total RAM at any given time, and during those times PSO2 is using the most ram at 1.7gb.