Leveling 80 to 90.

Hmm, so, this isn't a thread to cry about "how hard is it to level". I was used to leveling on the original PSO when level 200 became a thing. This is instead about how are people doing it nowadays. So actually this is me asking questions instead of adding complains where none are needed. So far, my main went to 84, soon to 85, by spamming Tokyo gold keys with all the exp boosts I could get my hands on. I think I spent like 8 or so keys just from 80 to 84, so I assume there are other methods?

I admit I haven't really delved into exp farming seriously, nor have been to every piece of content this game has. I also don't have friends in game so all I've done is either PUG or solo (my friend's alliance pretty much disappeared, it seems). So, how are you people going for this?

100% Triboost, 100% EXP boost, Shifta ZX + EXP and alliance XP boost should get you from 80 to 90 with 20 tokyo gold keys (+/-) in about 30-40 mins (this is the fastest way).

You can also spam VH or SH advance quests (with the same buffs), it just takes longer (depending on PSE bursts) and you need 3 more players (no NPC, else you get less spawns on bursts).

Stacking boosts, doing my dailies, all the UQ and I have a ton of keys and EXP tickets I never used. It’s not fast by any means but it’s manageable without burn out which I’m very prone to in other games. I just play with my husband and once in a while alliance, can’t convince friends to try game or it’d be much faster.

@condor Ty for replying. Not surprising these are still the only ways, but I thought there would be something extra I was missing, since, we've already had Tokyo key and advance Q for awhile. Yep, gotta do the old stuff to grind the new stuff. GG game. <.<

They could have made Buster quests drop a ton of exp, to get people to do the mode more.

You know,its ok if lv 80-90 takes longer than one day...

I had a handful of tokyo silver and gold keys,with alliance exp buff and the boosters,it took less than an hour to go from lv80 to lv88...

So far things feel reasonable. As I said before, I was in the belief I was missing something, but it all seems pretty much the way I've been doing so far. It's still heaps faster than getting 200 on PSO...

I don't care about leveling classes as much as before anymore so nowadays I just keep saving up my keys from dailies /weeklies on an alt char for pso2 day (extra xp), exchanging all expired keys into gold ones when pso2 day is close. Got my Hu/Fi from 80/80 to 90/85 yesterday, using triboost 150%, EX triboost 100%, xp boost 100% and the 50% daily triboost. I probably got the 150% and the EX from some event/compensation or whatever.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Leveling 80 to 90.:

So far things feel reasonable. As I said before, I was in the belief I was missing something, but it all seems pretty much the way I've been doing so far. It's still heaps faster than getting 200 on PSO...

Absolutely. Levelling nowadays is a joke... I had over 800h on my main in PSO and only made it to lv156 of 200

Edit: and that was back then,when hanging out all day and night in the lobby wasnt a thing...😁

@Scerms77 Sometimes forgetting things can be a boon, because I seriously don't remember much how I actually got to 200 on Gamecube, and then to around 180 on PC Blue Burst....

Why is everyone in such a hurry to get everything to max level. Slow down and enjoy the game. Take your time and enjoy the graphics, music, people and concepts. Why do some people believe this game is a race? PSO2 isn’t one of those game where you have to get the jump on everyone else. Build an active community of people with the alliance/guild option and build a comradery type culture!

@RainGnyu Maybe I didn't explain myself well. I'm not trying to really rush. After all, I'm a bad and lazy player so I'm not even up for any race. Won't do me much good anyway. What I wanted from asking here was to know if at least what I was already doing wasn't a waste of time, or something so opposite from efficient that it would be a joke to continue. The responses have told me I'm not that far from doing things at least averagely correctly, so I'm satisfied.

Also, those who want to make everything into a race or a competition are in their right to do so. It's they style of play, and I respect that. Things are bad if they get noisy and complain there's no content, after doing it so fast. But that's also their own predicament for not stopping to smell the flowers.

Buster Quests seem to give a decent amount of exp at grade 3+. I wonder if people have been spamming those as well to also get buster tokens. Also there supposedly was a huge boost to Urgent quest EXP that I think ends today.

I'm sure other people did like I did as well and waited for PSO2 Day to burn keys with a number of other boosts active.

I'm also pretty sure there were people that capped every class early in EP4 and was literally sitting on every exp ticket they got from logins and campaigns that used them all when EP5 launched.

8 gold keys for 80-84 sounds low, were you running +exp and triboost?

Leveling is a joke now on PSO2, I got Luster 1-95 in like 12hrs with just exp tickets and gold keys. I remember during the first year of PSO2, when they first raised the level cap, heavy grinding for a whole day for like 1 level beyond like level 40.

@HarmlessSyan said in Leveling 80 to 90.:

I remember during the first year of PSO2, when they first raised the level cap, heavy grinding for a whole day for like 1 level beyond like level 40.

Yeah, if I'm looking at the swiki charts right, for first two days (Oct 10-12, 2012), the total EXP needed to get to level 50 was equal to getting to level 88 now, then they adjusted it to be the current equivalent to level 71. I missed most of that since I started playing just before the maintenance that adjusted it even further down (Nov 7, 2012),

Leveling usually gets made easier the older the game goes, to have newbies catch up. Some veterans on some games argue newbies didn't work as hard for their levels, but the counter argument is always that if newbies were stuck in those early levels, there wouldn't be anyone new in a big while to buff the instances veterans need to do to progress. Yes, we do see that way too many games don't know how to actually prepare level boosted newbies for the content, and so we usually get skill gaps and end game instances dumbed down to accommodate the lower skilled players rushed into them.

@HarmlessSyan As boosts go, not in game right now so I can't tell exactly, but I think I had daily triboost, a150% triboost consumable, premium triboost, concert triboost, and exp gain 150%. The one glaring weakness I have is that since the alliance I'm in seems pretty dead, I don't have any of those benefits at the moment.