If possible, a race/gender change option would be nice.

Don't know if this has been suggested yet, and I honestly want it purely for cosmetic reasons.

It would be nice if we could change our character's race or gender. I've played other MMO's that allowed this through the purchase of a ticket in the cash shop (in this case it would be in the AC shop).

I honestly wouldn't mind paying for it either since my reasons are purely cosmetic. However, the ticket should give us a window of time in the salon where we can change our character's proportions for free, I feel like this is obvious. Or perhaps the first time you visit the salon as your new race/gender.

As for outfits and the likes I think they should be left out of the equation. This is a conscious choice of the player, some outfits don't have options for the opposite gender, not to mention CAST parts. Let's not make this more complicated than it is. If you want to change race/gender be aware that some of your past cosmetics will no longer work for you.

Right now I'm feeling really torn since my main is a Human, but I suddenly decided I wanted Elf ears. Which made me create a new character. However, I don't like managing more than one character so... It has reduced my game time significantly... I don't see the point in investing cash in the game either now since I don't feel as connected to my character anymore, while before I had planned cash purchases for mags, storage, etc. Now they feel... Not worth it to me. My interest dwindled, something that would have been easily solved if I could simply pay to change my race.

I ask you to please consider this SEGA. It would be a really nice feature, you'd make money off of it, and players like me that dislike having alts but enjoy changing their looks freely to full extent would be very happy.

Yea, this been brought up before - but SEGA seems pretty dead on not allowing this to happen.

There was a JP user that had a tool that did this on the JP server - meaning it's easily doable if SEGA wanted to do it. SEGA swiftly permabanned him 2 years ago. It's a shame since the website he ran had so much information, especially character creation data and all the voice line and audio clips from alot of the voice tickets. He loved the game and didn't mean any harm and immediately removed the tool when SEGA banned him.

It's odd indeed, because most other games offer the service for a fee, and this game's gender and racial stat differences are not that big to hamper or give a clear advantage to anyone.

SInce the only conflicting issue here would be about cast parts and basewear, anybody changing would be required to remove all extra clothing and wear only the default basewear for the change to be enabled. That way the game can remove that unused basewear, add the chosen class variant, and in the case of casts, leave them with the humanoid body so they themselves have to buy the parts, since the in game shop sells them for meseta.

@ZorokiHanuke said in If possible, a race/gender change option would be nice.:

It's odd indeed, because most other games offer the service for a fee, and this game's gender and racial stat differences are not that big to hamper or give a clear advantage to anyone.

SInce the only conflicting issue here would be about cast parts and basewear, anybody changing would be required to remove all extra clothing and wear only the default basewear for the change to be enabled. That way the game can remove that unused basewear, add the chosen class variant, and in the case of casts, leave them with the humanoid body so they themselves have to buy the parts, since the in game shop sells them for meseta.

One problem with this would be if the layered outfit items are only available for that character and not the whole ship. That would make them permanently lost and that would not be a good thing. This is likely one reason they don't allow the gender/race change, since if the character was changed from a humanoid race to a CAST or vice versa, or changed from a male to female or vice versa, those items would potentially become permanently unusable, unless they changed back. However, if the unusable items are removed from the character to make the change possible, they are lost for good.

@Ragnawind As far as I know, the only outfit that's tied exactly to both race and gender is the initial basewear. The rest, face variants, default cast head types (which are essentially "hair") would become available/unavailable depending on the race chosen. All those items count as account bound, after all. Anything else added remains in your account as "bound to another character" until you get a duplicate of it to make account bound. So it wouldn't be really lost in that sense.

I just came here looking to see if this was bothering anyone else. I'm pretty deeply invested into my main character but have been frustrated with one of their unique body features for a while now, and it's beginning to REALLY bother me. As OP stated, other MMOs allow this feature, typically via cash shop transactions - I can think of 6 off of the top of my head that do so. I'd like to also add that I'm the type of person who likes to make alts for various reasons, so far I have 8. Adding the option to change my race for as a paid service wouldn't deter me from making more, I even already have a few more in mind that I'd like to make. I just made a bad decision when I started playing and the main character that I feel is my character now makes me unhappy.

I simply cannot think of a justifiable reason for them to not add this feature into the game, other than "they don't want to." If they don't, I strongly disagree with how they feel, but if they're dead set on that approach there isn't much that can be done. It would be nice to at least get a response as to specifically why they haven't added this, or if they've even heard our requests.

@HarmlessSyan

That's just... Harsh. There have been a lot of ways that I've seen SEGA shoot itself in the foot along the years but banning someone for making a client side tool that didn't impact gameplay because they refuse to implement a feature that is almost an MMO staple? That's some very old fashioned way of thinking... Reminds me of when Nintendo didn't seem to grasp the concept of "Let's Play" and started doing everything they could to pull any and all gameplay of their games from YouTube and Twitch. It didn't hit them that it was free publicity until much later.

@ZorokiHanuke

Exactly. I remember when I played TERA that there were actual advantages and disadvantages in PvP between classes that only got corrected much later, however race and gender changing was always available in the cash shop.

@Witchfinder said in If possible, a race/gender change option would be nice.:

I simply cannot think of a justifiable reason for them to not add this feature into the game, other than "they don't want to." If they don't, I strongly disagree with how they feel, but if they're dead set on that approach there isn't much that can be done. It would be nice to at least get a response as to specifically why they haven't added this, or if they've even heard our requests.

If the reason is "we don't want to" I know mine and some other people's STEAM reviews are going to change.

Almost everything in the game is account bound as it is (Titles, Story Quest, Emotes) and any item you buy x2 in ticket form like hair and [In] [Ou] and [Ba] wear, just makes it more of a conundrum on why race/gender change isn't a thing. I've bound things to my account I know I won't use purely for collecting purposes. I'm perfectly aware I can't wear them on my main, I have them in case some day I decide I want to use them. I collect eyelashes, eyebrows, eyes, hairstyles, etc, just for collection purposes, regardless if my character can wear them or will wear them (some definitely not).

Me being able to change race/gender freely won't make me any less of a hoarder. Not being able to though... It just makes me not like going on my main. Or just logging on to claim any daily items and then go play something else... Which is a little sad with the current state of MMOs. This is almost the last refugee for actual MMORPG players that don't want to pay monthly.

As I said in another post/thread. They'd require you to unequip all armor/weapon/accessories/outfits/basewear/etc. And give an error if you haven't done such yet. I don't think the PSO2 devs are capable of doing that currently. Since it's already finicky on how it detects if you have armor equipped in every slot. (For the Afin quest.)

On top of that, when you switch gender, the game would have to give a loading screen/etc. while it changes your characters' hairstyle to that of the default hairstyle for the opposite gender of your current race. Along with the default looks of the opposing gender.

They definitely won't let you change your race/looks with a gender change ticket.

They will never add a race/gender change ticket for gear/equipment/outfits though.

@coldreactive

As I said in another post/thread. They'd require you to unequip all armor/weapon/accessories/outfits/basewear/etc. And give an error if you haven't done such yet. I don't think the PSO2 devs are capable of doing that currently. Since it's already finicky on how it detects if you have armor equipped in every slot. (For the Afin quest.)

And this information would be written in the ticket's description like it is in any other game that has this function.

On top of that, when you switch gender, the game would have to give a loading screen/etc. while it changes your characters' hairstyle to that of the default hairstyle for the opposite gender of your current race. Along with the default looks of the opposing gender.

You seem to think that SEGA is too busy to make any money putting their staff to work. As I said along with some other players, we are more than used to being able to buy race and gender change tickets for cash and if there's some error customer support exists and GMs have no problem contacting you in game if it's really necessary. Also I don't see the problem with a loading screen. We've been through this with other games, we know how it works.

They will never add a race/gender change ticket for gear/equipment/outfits though.

I have no problem with that, I said it myself, if someone wants to change race/gender they must be aware that items that are incompatible with their new look will remain incompatible. That's how it worked in other games as well.

(The fact that it's 2020 and KRAFTON does what SEGADON'T is roblox oof sound.)

I agree that they should add an option to change race and gender, possibly using the same Salon Passes.

Speaking of Salon Passes, I think they should make changing hair color free, not requiring a Salon Free Pass, since changing eye color is already free, and allow saving hair color to a saved Look.