Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me)

Ok, I love playing Buster Quest, but would it really hurt the game so badly to let us join our friends before they deploy for the mission? Honestly, it's so annoying that you get left out for the sole reason of "you need to specify the participation rules."

Buster Quest died with less than 2 weeks on JP when it released. Players Riot when found the director wanted ep5 be entirely buster quest only. That drove away more than 50% player base and made them rush to make a Free Field.

Late they nerfed buster quest to anyone be able to solo on free match

@LordCloudStrife said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

Buster Quest died with less than 2 weeks on JP when it released. Players Riot when found the director wanted ep5 be entirely buster quest only. That drove away more than 50% player base and made them rush to make a Free Field.

Late they nerfed buster quest to anyone be able to solo on free match

That sucks because I love Buster quests tbh. I find the Adv run to be my favorite run in the game so far. It’s a good change of pace. Just my opinion.

Not to mention you only get like 3 runs of main match a day on JP when it started before you need to go free match again. Then they started to sell main match allowance cash items. Buster quest introduce in August 2017, enchanted forest free field didnt come out until May 2018. All the patches were just adding a few mob types here and there in the same old buster quest.

Was it at a PSO2 fest or SEGA fest? Where the devs on stage bowed and apologized for the direction EP5 was heading. I remember there was a live audience

@ZarexWolf said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

Ok, I love playing Buster Quest, but would it really hurt the game so badly to let us join our friends before they deploy for the mission? Honestly, it's so annoying that you get left out for the sole reason of "you need to specify the participation rules."

You can, you're just missing something here.

To join Buster Quests, your Buster Grade must be equal or higher to your friend's.

If it's equal, you can just join your friend directly, assuming they are doing a Main Match. If it's not equal, you must go into the Buster Quest list, and go to Free Match, then "Join Party on Current Block" and join that way, and do a free match instead of main match. You'll still be in the same game, you'll just Free Match rewards instead of Main Match rewards.

If you're trying to join an Advanced Buster, you need at least 3,000 Buster Points.

It's a bit convuluted, but you are never blocked out of playing a Buster Quest with friends and can join them before deployment.

@LordCloudStrife said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

Buster Quest died with less than 2 weeks on JP when it released. Players Riot when found the director wanted ep5 be entirely buster quest only. That drove away more than 50% player base and made them rush to make a Free Field. Late they nerfed buster quest to anyone be able to solo on free match

What's your point? This is not the Japanese servers, and all the issues of Buster Quests are resolved. The quests don't have the stamina system anymore, and they also added real rewards for it (constant cubes, meseta and 13* drops, plus we start with the Buster Shop with Star Gems and Cleasis Units). Free Match is just to do lower-tier matches now, and give more Buster Medals than Main Match too, plus you get 100% Triboost for 2 Main Matches when clearing a Free.

The issue with Buster on JP release was not that it was going to be only Buster for Episode 5, it was that the quest system was crappy and didn't have any decent rewards either, hence people rioting. This has been fixed.

@Cult said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

That sucks because I love Buster quests tbh. I find the Adv run to be my favorite run in the game so far. It’s a good change of pace. Just my opinion.

There's no issue with Buster Quests, this guy is just giving the usual "As a JP Vet" bad take.

Here is my experience with Buster Quests since hitting rank 2:

Every. Damn. Room

I've tried Free Match, Main Match, both from searching multiple blocks and same block at the quest counter and haven't managed to find a single room I can join all weekend.

What am I missing?

What’s the best bq to run currently to just stock up on medals? Really want that rappy back piece.

Im running into the exact same issue as a new person. Can't join.

@Cult Free Busters for medals, Main match busters for collection files/weapon materials/actual loot/ect.

@Har1equinsGhost said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

Every. Damn. Room

I've tried Free Match, Main Match, both from searching multiple blocks and same block at the quest counter and haven't managed to find a single room I can join all weekend.

What am I missing?

Most likely trying to join Grade 3 missions, which is where most people will be now (or Advanced).

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do except make a main match with multi-match and then wait for it to fill.

@Matt Well, I was at the correct rank, but isn't it much easier to just search via parties in-progress with your friends? It would also help fill them up faster.

@Matt said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

@Har1equinsGhost said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

Every. Damn. Room

What am I missing?

Most likely trying to join Grade 3 missions, which is where most people will be now (or Advanced).

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do except make a main match with multi-match and then wait for it to fill.

One of the member probably haven't play the story quest.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Buster Quest's Main Annoyance (At least to me):

One of the member probably haven't play the story quest.

That doesn't matter. Standard Non-Story Buster Quests are available even on Episode 1. Story Buster Quests don't increase grade, and are not grade-locked.

@coldreactive no, you got to do EP5 to unlock it else buster quest section itself is grayed out. Even when EP6 comes out, to do buster quest for the first time on a new character, you got to set the story back to EP5 to accept buster quest.

bq.png

It is annoying to have to sit in an empty Match 1 room and wait. Seems everyone blitzed for 3+.

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see that Ep5 new battle content was buster quests, period. It seems a bit out of kilter with previous episodes, and feels a lot like a move away from level design updates to event item updates... as a new player, I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I do know that I'm annoyed and frustrated at the moment as it seems the rising weapon badge 3 that I need to get to the new stuff is either no longer dropping or was hit so hard with the nerf bat that it still hasn't come out from crying in the bathroom just yet.

I've really enjoyed this game so far... but I won't lie - if spending my time waiting around in Match 1 buster rooms and trading what few rising 4 badges I get at a 2-to-1 loss just to get the 3's I need is "the future"..... ? That isn't a future (or a carrot) that I'm interested in chasing.