Notice: Open Beta start time has changed from 5pm to 6pm (PDT)

Looks like the Open Beta start time will start 1 hour later than expected. On the Xbox store it also says it will start at 6:00pm PDT so perhaps there was a miscommunication. Or it was just changed last minute. Anyways I thought I'd make a thread before people start asking why they cant get in tomorrow.

Source: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1239718267561918464

Whatever time they need to ensure the OB runs smoother than the launch of the CB!

In b4 "pushed back until corona goes away"

I wonder if it is because of the County restrictions in CA.

May have to stagger office times to avoid the new restrictions of having too many people in one area.

dang it ... we need it earlier not later

They should have done something for people who buy the bundles earlier access. And by earlier access I mean like an hour. That way the auth servers don't get hammered like they did in the closed beta. Buy the $60 get access 1hr ahead. Buy the $30 get 30min ahead. Open beta launches then. That way it shouldn't be so bad.

I think they've got enough data to better launch the Open Beta than the Closed Beta. There will still likely be some teething problems, but gating the launch will just cause a lot of people to pile on SEGA for being money hungry - even if it was just to pace things out for a smoother opening.

I don't remember downloading 70GB worth of game when I did this on PC for the JP version... >.>

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in Notice: Open Beta start time has changed from 5pm to 6pm (PDT):

I don't remember downloading 70GB worth of game when I did this on PC for the JP version... >.>

The JP PC version is currently 67.7Gb.

This is good to know as it's moved from midnight to 1am my time and as there could be teething troubles that changes whether or not it's worth waiting up for. I'll get an early night and get up at 6am to get on it.

Agree with the taking whatever time they need to ensure their office is safe and the servers run smooth ^^ Hope the founders packs are not limited, as I want to wait a few hours before going on... to avoid the rush @@

@SpookyOh said in Notice: Open Beta start time has changed from 5pm to 6pm (PDT):

Agree with the taking whatever time they need to ensure their office is safe and the servers run smooth ^^ Hope the founders packs are not limited, as I want to wait a few hours before going on... to avoid the rush @@

I can't imagine them limiting numbers as that limits income generation, I would be very surprised if founders pack doesn't run for the entirety of the beta. That said you could probably buy it from the Xbox store without actually opening the game.