People not joining party or setting down beacons

@Frathlir

I actually had a similar scenario last night. The party leader started another run immediately. I have autoloot on so I was ready to go but our other teammates were less than pleased. On the plus side we made it for several runs of Trick or Treat doing it this way but it was a crummy thing to do to players picking up loot.

Yes, it sucks when the leader starts a new quest before you can pick up your loot.

On the other hand, it sucks too, when the other players would like to quickly start a new quest, but everybody has to wait until you checked everything out or decide what you want to pick up.

Trick or treat is a nice example. Quick teams can do 4 runs, this isnt possible when everybody is standing like 2 minutes after the Pinata.

The solution for both sides is easy: Just turn on autoloot for materials and rares over 12*, that way you obtain them instant and automaticly.

Clean your char inventory BEFORE so that the other loot can just be soaked up quickly and send to your storage at the 30seconds timer before the next quest starts.

BAM! Everybody happy and nö problems.

I have auto loot on for anything that's actually worthwhile so I don't need to worry about someone re-queing early. That being said I always drop my beacon if I don't see one for one off UQ's, buster advances, and runbacks. Because I wait till everyone is in the ship if I want to run another one and they're still there. Sometimes if someone is taking too long to loot I just hit the "re-que with people who have readied" option.

I always seem to get 13 rarity drops whenever i'm in a full party. At least more often than when i'm solo or with a friend. And I always run 250 drop boost and 100 tri boost for these regardless if solo or not. (helps that I have the premium bonus and my quest boosts also maxed.) My friend on the other hand isn't so lucky. It's easy for me to connect his luck to the fact that he doesn't have premium and doesn't always run in a party. But I know RNG is RNG.

The way I see it if you're running an UQ that people farm for drops (ex PD/crimson) or you're doing a run back then there's no reason to not join up. The worry of a potential bad experience shouldn't bring down more than one person's potential drop chances. And you can skip that by making your own party beacon sometimes anyway.

@NotWhoUThink said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

Did something happen in 24 hours because it seems nobody is joining or setting down beacons in Buster Quests. As a Techter I now immediately leave if I can't get into party because it actively hurts my skills. Even as a strictly solo player I see no reason not to join a party considering how little communication there is in most parties anyways.

I for one never set beacons or join parties, I will be the only white name left in the lobby if that's how it works out... People will kick you randomly or abandon quest taking you with them wasting your time.

In addition to that in UQs with multiple runs oh so many times have I had the host forcibly start a new match before I looted all my Deo's!

@Knight-Raime said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

I have auto loot on for anything that's actually worthwhile so I don't need to worry about someone re-queing early. That being said I always drop my beacon if I don't see one for one off UQ's, buster advances, and runbacks. Because I wait till everyone is in the ship if I want to run another one and they're still there. Sometimes if someone is taking too long to loot I just hit the "re-que with people who have readied" option.

I always seem to get 13 rarity drops whenever i'm in a full party. At least more often than when i'm solo or with a friend. And I always run 250 drop boost and 100 tri boost for these regardless if solo or not. (helps that I have the premium bonus and my quest boosts also maxed.) My friend on the other hand isn't so lucky. It's easy for me to connect his luck to the fact that he doesn't have premium and doesn't always run in a party. But I know RNG is RNG.

The way I see it if you're running an UQ that people farm for drops (ex PD/crimson) or you're doing a run back then there's no reason to not join up. The worry of a potential bad experience shouldn't bring down more than one person's potential drop chances. And you can skip that by making your own party beacon sometimes anyway.

For me I get more solo on the real.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

In addition to that in UQs with multiple runs oh so many times have I had the host forcibly start a new match before I looted all my Deo's!

I had this happen once. Usually I try to quickly leave party via the party command window. The quest shouldn't kick you out if you leave party. Since my main has max inventory slots, and I usually use up all my Deos/etc. right after, I usually have enough free space for one or two runs.

@RainGnyu said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

@Knight-Raime said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

For me I get more solo on the real.

Same, when buster quests were super popular i found my elder pain omega and had multiple 3 13* runs in a row solo, whereas I joined a party and got nothing for multiple games in a row.

@coldreactive said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

I had this happen once. Usually I try to quickly leave party via the party command window. The quest shouldn't kick you out if you leave party. Since my main has max inventory slots, and I usually use up all my Deos/etc. right after, I usually have enough free space for one or two runs.

once is enough for me, although this happened a lot of times for me in addition to the other stuff that made me quit joining parties with randoms. I do sometimes host a party with active recruit on (a lot of the times actually), but that's as 'party-centric' as I get, if nobody joins me so be it.

once is enough for me, although this happened a lot of times for me in addition to the other stuff that made me quit joining parties with randoms. I do sometimes host a party with active recruit on (a lot of the times actually), but that's as 'party-centric' as I get, if nobody joins me so be it.

Players can still join your party from the quest list even if you haven't set active recruitment on. As long as you don't choose Alliance / Friends Only, and the 3 second timer countdown hasn't started. This is one of the reasons why I have voice chat permanently off/disabled. (Since JP didn't even have voice chat anyway.)

Not completely related but I’m absolutely miffed someone can force you into a Buster quest with no ability to leave when you haven’t left the ship. I was in a waiting room with 1 other person and was waiting on the ship adjusting my settings waiting for more people to arrive and this dude hit commence anyway. I wasn’t sure why I couldn’t try for an active group when it finally hit that I was locked into the fight. That fight was absolutely miserable.

I’m not sure what solution there is for it. I know it’s a preventive measure for leechers(yet we have them anyway) but you shouldn’t be forced into a run like that.

I’ve had similar things happen in a party. Why can I be shoved into a fight without permission? Or kicked from grabbing loot if the leader leaves early? This really isn’t acceptable and I don’t know of any party system that does this. It actively punishes players for working with others.

If it was working so well we wouldn’t have people afraid to play with others. I have autoloot as a solution for some of my problem but it shouldn’t even need to be used.

I get annoyed when people spam party invites and party markers to try and force you into a party. Had this happen to me during Trick or Treat UQ and I also had a host randomly abandon a run in the bewitched woods exploration which I found really annoying also. I understand parties give 40% Triboost but I don't want my grind to be disrupted because the host wants to leave so I try to ignore parties when possible.

Yeah, sorry to people who want the 10% RDR boost from me - but I wanna get in and out as quick as possible to get 14* eggs during the Trick or Treat urgent.

You aren't entitled to my time, so I don't party up so I don't have to wait for people.

People talk about trying to get a 4th run of ToT by doing this, but I've managed to get in 5 runs by restarting as quickly as possible, and cutting out having to wait 30 seconds for people to grab loot.

On top of this, I've gone into multiple runs of the Woods exploration, joined a party, and then been yeeted out be because the party leader didn't want to farm anymore - and took 3 other people with them.

Until people can get faster, or stop taking me out of instances, I'll stay solo.

cry more alt text

@Falz said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

cry more alt text

hand over the SA, slowly.

@YagyuChan Those will happen, i had one idiot flat out rage at me because i refused to join his beacon, for some reason people act like that 40% is 200% and will REALLY get you all the rares if your party is full. come to find out, he just wanted me to leave because his "friend" wanted to join, so he planned on kicking me out of the mpa due to party, at least that was my best guess from the convo.

I found just a flat out, simple "No." when they ask should suffice, and nothing else. they may cry after though, because you did not do what you were told

@Astral-Lettie someone on ship 3 went mad crazy on 2 randoms for not joining my party of 3 which was crazy cause it was my party i started not theirs.