People not joining party or setting down beacons

@Blade-Syphon I'm on Ship 1, either you don't play often, or you're really lucky. Just today I had both a case of getting thrown out of a Woods exploration after 15 minutes, cuz the party leader was done and could be bothered to pass lead. (They's said oops, gave me lead, and left when I called them out) and got re-qued while looting during trick or treat.

Yah no more random parties at all. It really isn't worth it.

@Ren6617 said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

No one is obligated to be in a party. I often lose loot being in one.

Nah bro, someone throws down a beacon, you MUST join or else you're a selfish sonuvabitch, inconveniencing 7 other people of that 40% buff.

...you MONSTER! (I'm being sarcastic btw)

I notice people rarely use my beacon when I drop it, it's sad.

Bewitched woods brought the party problem back in its full harshness with people dropping a beacon with "targeting rare items" and after 5 minutes going straight for map's boss without saying a word and/or abandoning the quest/disbanding the party dragging everyone out.

Leaving the wasted boosts time question aside, the 14* drops are already low, taking the risk of being dragged out during a fight with a boss is frustrating, specially when the generated map's shape is a decent one.

Add to that the fact that some 14* are being sold for outrageous prices (considering that soon enough they'll probably be in zieg exchange with hero's crests already dropping) and buying them is not an option for many, given what happened with nemesis/raven, you should understand the reason why joining a party for a 40% triboost is not worth the hassle.

@Lady-Azuryth

Apparently I'm just really lucky than. I play nightly, and have never had this problem with either Urgent Quests or back when I farmed Ultimates.

And honestly, if you're this concerned about being booted during looting or when you're farming the Forest, why not just make your own party? I mean, it's kind of hard to be kicked out of a map or UQ while you're looting when you, yourself, are the party leader, now isn't it?

@Kofi9867 i always get a good laugh at the idiots who try that argument, it's as if they act like your damage DECREASES if you don't joint their party, Poor attempts at guilt trips just to get someone to do your bidding is pretty sad.

Ironically, they don't seem to understand they are actually being the selfish ones.

@Lady-Azuryth I think...that might've been me. Previous leader had left the party, I didn't realise it had transferred to me and since I'm so used to just mashing through the text on the abandon confirmation (I've only just very recently started joining random parties cause it makes me anxious) I booted someone with myself. Immediately logged off out of embarrassment. I did log back on a minute later and whispered said person an apology but figured after that they'd probably blocked me or something. It would be typical that because I logged off that I missed the messages calling me out for it. I didn't do it out of maliciousness or laziness, I'm just an idiot (and I am sorry about that).

Naturally, it's these sort of situations as well as the pressure to join and such that just make partying with random people just...not worth the stress. To that end, I really wish the party boost didn't exist so people could just play how they want to play and not have to feel gimped missing out on something.

@Farlancer said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

@Lady-Azuryth I think...that might've been me. Previous leader had left the party, I didn't realise it had transferred to me and since I'm so used to just mashing through the text on the abandon confirmation (I've only just very recently started joining random parties cause it makes me anxious) I booted someone with myself. Immediately logged off out of embarrassment. I did log back on a minute later and whispered said person an apology but figured after that they'd probably blocked me or something. It would be typical that because I logged off that I missed the messages calling me out for it. I didn't do it out of maliciousness or laziness, I'm just an idiot (and I am sorry about that).

Naturally, it's these sort of situations as well as the pressure to join and such that just make partying with random people just...not worth the stress. To that end, I really wish the party boost didn't exist so people could just play how they want to play and not have to feel gimped missing out on something.

I feel you!

It just a game and most people don’t want to hurt others game experience. But at the same time it should be a great way to recruit people and build a proper alliance/Guild.

I have gotten called out about that before not comprehending I was leader......:they let me know tho and never happen again. I always check now.

@Astral-Lettie said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

@Kofi9867 i always get a good laugh at the idiots who try that argument, it's as if they act like your damage DECREASES if you don't joint their party, Poor attempts at guilt trips just to get someone to do your bidding is pretty sad.

Ironically, they don't seem to understand they are actually being the selfish ones.

I've actually had that happen to me 2 days ago. Someone got REEEEEAALLY pissy because I told them that no one was obligated to join their party, and that some people prefer not to be in one. They went off and told me that I was being a selfish fuck and that "You must be a fucking idiot to decline a 40% exp buff".

Like, well damn, maybe people aren't in it for the levels and don't try to force others in a party they don't want to be in. The nerve of some people right?

Maybe people are not doing random party because of the leaching issue the server is having a problem with now.

If it's an EQ that you can spam and the daily is up, I swap out characters after every run to get the 100k. It's not me thinking I'm too good to party up.

Most of the issues would be resolved if Sega would add a button asking if you want to leave the area with your party host, at least with the bewitched woods.

@Farlancer it wasn't you. The person I was with knew they were the party leader because they dropped the beacon that I joined. They just didn't care, they were done so everyone else was too.

@Lady-Azuryth said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

Most of the issues would be resolved if Sega would add a button asking if you want to leave the area with your party host, at least with the bewitched woods.

@Farlancer it wasn't you. The person I was with knew they were the party leader because they dropped the beacon that I joined. They just didn't care, they were done so everyone else was too.

for bewitched woods I always clear the end boss before leaving... Sometimes if someone joined on me from the party matcher they might get a surprise gateway portal pop up if they weren't paying attn. At least that way when I leave party nobody is affected though.