People not joining party or setting down beacons

@coldreactive said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

People are also immediately using the deploy interaction in Buster Quests when the instance hits 8 people, ignoring people who have yet to join a party. It's annoying. Some people also hit the interaction at 7 people, ignoring the fact that if someone doesn't come, no one ever will come when the timer starts. Since matching will not work with quests already in progress.

In addition, party beacons are force removed when the quest timer countdown starts, which is completely dumb.

Not sure if story and public can do the exact same runs and play together. But last run I did for story, when someone dropped a party beacon, I tried to access it and couldn't join because people doing story can't join parties.

Active Recruiting is the option that puts you in the list of parties. Party Beacon is purely an in-instance/in-quest system. You can also fuse parties together by interacting with a party beacon as the leader of a party. (Only if the destination party has enough space.)

WHY DO YOU KEEP NECROING POSTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Some people I know say they don't join as they have been kicked from quests right at the end before after an entire, perfectly smooth run with 0 interaction within the party. Just completely out of the blue.

If that happened to me more than once, I might only ever place a beacon and not join others.

@uponapyre said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

Some people I know say they don't join as they have been kicked from quests right at the end before after an entire, perfectly smooth run with 0 interaction within the party. Just completely out of the blue.

If that happened to me more than once, I might only ever place a beacon and not join others.

Yeah, the party leader can "Quest Abandon" to just force everyone in their party out of the instance/quest. What should instead be done is have the party leader just get removed from the party.

Well let me ask you the people hear, why should i join anyones party? Triboost? I don't give a damn. Let me guess: If you don't have a full party, you get less of a boost? So it's all about you. That does sound about right. Figures, Pfft...

What you actually should be complaining about is the fact that the good ol' MMO "co-op" is in this game as well, which is the AFKers standing there, doing nothing, and getting the same rewards as the people who did all the work. While that isn't surprising, it's still BS. I don't expect the developers of this game to do any more than the developers of all the other games, which is to say, nothing at all.

I usually run with my friends, sometimes we only have 3 people. I stopped putting down Beacons, cuz people get pissy when you don't want to re-que with them (for various reasons). Not worth the rando hassle.

If they want to re-queue, they can leave party and do it themselves. That's what most people do without a word when I drop a beacon anyway since they tend to collect faster than I do because I deliberately leave autopickup off.

They can, but I've found in the end the triboost bonus isn't worth the hassle of having random idiots in your party. This goes for more than just buster quests. Sure most of the people are fine....but it only takes one or two to sour an experience. Thus making it better just to avoid.

Dude, you're stuck with them either way in the instance so minus well get some benefit.

considering some people go through the effort of....

• getting their alliance tree buff
  • Affixing temptation and raredrop 3 to an alt weapon and swapping them in right before a boss dies
  • downing both 50% triboost (from daily) and 250%rdr (ex cube shop)
  • go through the the trouble of crafting 3x timed abilities on units for rdr
  • go through the brainless harvesting to cook deep fried chicken and then down them in the middle of a boss fight

..... not joining a party for an easy 40% max triboost seems really counter productive.

I don't join parties in multi runs like Yamato. I'm fine with one-off stuff like dragon. I'm usually the first one inside the instance anyway unless I queue late, so I'm the one forming.

@Duymon said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

Dude, you're stuck with them either way in the instance so minus well get some benefit.

I do get a benefit, even if I'm not in their party. I can run the Urgent Quest/Buster Quest/Whatever it is I'm doing and not worry about getting dragged out before I can complete the run and snag the goods.

EXP is easy enough to get, I'm not too concerned about being max level ASAP like some people.

@Duymon It's called RNG, people don't seem to realize how little that 40% matters in the end, i could sit here and tell you my drops have been far better while solo. I have heard many times people who drop real cash for those 400% RDR boost, use ex tri boosts, stacking all that good stuff, and still get nothing or worse drops than people with half.

That 40% means very little, especially over peace of mind so people don't have to worry about some prick picking a new quest too quickly.

I would also say that Party Boost is mostly inconsequential, with the exception of the EXP boost since it is multiplicative instead of just additive like the other parts of it. For example, let's say that you have +75% EXP, +50% Daily Tri, and +100% Tri for a total of +225% EXP or a 325% EXP multiplier (including the base 100% EXP multiplier), so in a full party it becomes a 455% EXP multiplier (325%x1.4) which is a pretty big jump, especially if you take the other two multiplicative EXP boosts from Drinks and the Photon Tree.

@Duymon None of those things are that much effort, though... and what makes you think the people doing all of that are the people not joining parties?

So I’ve changed my mind on this a bit. I used to worry about getting cheated out of my loot if the party leader leaves. I set my autoloot to pick up my buster medals so it doesn’t matter what kind of party I get, I still get my stuff. It’s been enjoyable not having to worry about it anymore.

Well, I decided to give it a try for the trick or treat urgent quest and joined someone's party. Things went real well until the boss died. I was collecting my loot as soon as the pinata was busted and within about 20 seconds the leader started a new quest without asking the others in the party. I was lucky and actually managed to collect the rare drops a split second before he did it. The other in the party was not so fortunate and was justifiably a little upset.

I could just turn autoloot on instead of trying to take a split second to see if the drops are things I want to pick up, but I think the party leaders should be more considerate for the other party members involved.