People not joining party or setting down beacons

Did something happen in 24 hours because it seems nobody is joining or setting down beacons in Buster Quests. As a Techter I now immediately leave if I can't get into party because it actively hurts my skills. Even as a strictly solo player I see no reason not to join a party considering how little communication there is in most parties anyways.

Not sure if story and public can do the exact same runs and play together. But last run I did for story, when someone dropped a party beacon, I tried to access it and couldn't join because people doing story can't join parties.

People are also immediately using the deploy interaction in Buster Quests when the instance hits 8 people, ignoring people who have yet to join a party. It's annoying. Some people also hit the interaction at 7 people, ignoring the fact that if someone doesn't come, no one ever will come when the timer starts. Since matching will not work with quests already in progress.

In addition, party beacons are force removed when the quest timer countdown starts, which is completely dumb.

Not sure if story and public can do the exact same runs and play together. But last run I did for story, when someone dropped a party beacon, I tried to access it and couldn't join because people doing story can't join parties.

Active Recruiting is the option that puts you in the list of parties. Party Beacon is purely an in-instance/in-quest system. You can also fuse parties together by interacting with a party beacon as the leader of a party. (Only if the destination party has enough space.)

@coldreactive Yes. I remember that. But what I don't yet know is if people doing the story BQ get matched with public grade 1's or if story instances are separate. I will assume they are separate from public grade 1, but still, people are able to drop beacons there, despite others not being able to join because of their story mode status.

@ZorokiHanuke said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

@coldreactive Yes. I remember that. But what I don't yet know is if people doing the story BQ get matched with public grade 1's or if story instances are separate. I will assume they are separate from public grade 1, but still, people are able to drop beacons there, despite others not being able to join because of their story mode status.

They're separate from the public ones. In addition, they don't raise points (despite giving points as per the score board.) They also never have the unique defense phase (IE: Destroy the giant sword, etc.) They never have Ex-Attack and never spawn the boss Supernatural during Defense. They also never spawn Accidents.

In my last Grade 3 Buster Quest, I had someone AFK the entire quest, so I reported them in-game for abandonment and explained they AFK'd.

@coldreactive That should answer that, then. I'm also wondering. I'm still on grade 2 because I simply haven't been able to sit and dedicate a good chunk of time to these quests. Grade 2s are already hectic enough that soloing them would be a bit of a challenge, but, if everyone makes it to grade 3 and fewer and fewer newbies join the game to pass through grades 1 and 2, I'm assuming anyone coming up will have a much harder time going solo or on incomplete groups. Sure, grade 1 can be 5 man'ed easily. All my grade 1s were incomplete groups. But grade 2 and up, as I already said, start to heat things up, an may be overwhelming for a newbie, unless they have a premade party or an alliance to help them.

@coldreactive Story Quests do not create a completely Story-only instance, rather they will create a new public Grade 1 instance that other players will then be added to from the same Story Quest and Grade 1 Free Match matching, and since it is Grade 1, that is the reason you don't see any of the extra mechanics from Grade 2 and higher, though it will create instances where the Free Matching players are in fields that normally don't appear for normal Grade 1 Free Matches.

@ZorokiHanuke said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

Sure, grade 1 can be 5 man'ed easily. All my grade 1s were incomplete groups.

Yeah, I've had level 85+ people use the interaction when only 3-4 people were on.

I don’t typically join parties but I always click the beacon for Buster if someone is offering. I haven’t noticed any unwillingness to party more than usual and I ran those quests until grade3 yesterday. I did notice it was hard to even get people to join in grade2, everyone was already ahead so that sucked.

I typically try to join a party beacon, but since I had it bite me when the leader went straight onto a new game before I could collect all of my drops i have been reluctant to join them again.

If I don't join a party I am guaranteed to be able to collect my share if the drops.

@Frathlir Had the same thing happen to me on numerous occasions, especially as of late. It’s a bit of a headache losing out on that time spent, so I opted to only running with friends or avoiding parties in general. Rule of thumb as a party leader: either leave and search alone or wait for all party members to arrive in the campship.

@Frathlir said in People not joining party or setting down beacons:

I typically try to join a party beacon, but since I had it bite me when the leader went straight onto a new game before I could collect all of my drops i have been reluctant to join them again.

If I don't join a party I am guaranteed to be able to collect my share if the drops.

This this this. I honestly am surprised after all these years on JP this isn't something that was ever addressed. I want to join parties for the extra triboost, but there's no point in having triboost if I'm going to lose all my loot! I keep having rude leaders do this and it's absolutely ridiculous to me that they have a dialog pop up to the party asking if they're ready to go, if the leader can force it. I mean sure, let the leader force it but if they do, it shouldn't pull you unless you consent.

i always had the feeling buster quests start automaticly wenn 8 players are in lol

but yea i played solo for a long time 200+hrs and ignored parties till i joined an alliance.. now i'll drop always a beacon when im in

For some UQs, I try to get in early enough to set a beacon because I don't want anybody dragging me to the next round before I've finished grabbing and sorting my stuff.

Agreed on the party leader thing. It's like these guys have infinite inventory space and can grab stuff faster than anyone. Then, their time seems so damn precious they don't care about ruining the experience for people they don't even know. Then there are also the trolls, who will do it intentionally. Case in point, I'm picky on when I join a party.