Being a Hero is not fun (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Grind)

It's pretty clear that the scion classes were a mistake from the start. I hate them because they essentially ruin the balance of the game and show how the devs balance things by sweeping older content under the rug. The new Luster class is a prime example of this, instead of making gunslashes viable on every class like how it was originally meant to be they instead make a new class to compensate for the lack of damage on gunslashes. So gunslashes will still be useless on all but one class, if this is the case they need to remove the ability for gunslash to be equippable on every class but the Luster class.

@ZorokiHanuke Yes dodging to perfect reload repeatedly is the optimal way to restore your PP. Holding is just if you want style points d:

@NotWhoUThink Lmao.

They were meant to be the best. They aren't though after Sega rebalanced the old classes. And Luster is specifically over tuned because Gunslash by design is more limited compared to other stuff. NA currently has the rebalance of gunslashes and thus are perfectly usable. There's just no reason to when base classes themsleves don't play into gunslash. It's meant to be a universal weapon. Not a great one. Luster exists to make it shine.

Just as successor classes highlight other weapons. Nothings preventing you from doing good with bases classes. So just play those?

@Knight-Raime said in Being a Hero is not fun (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Grind):

@NotWhoUThink Lmao.

They were meant to be the best. They aren't though after Sega rebalanced the old classes. And Luster is specifically over tuned because Gunslash by design is more limited compared to other stuff. NA currently has the rebalance of gunslashes and thus are perfectly usable. There's just no reason to when base classes themsleves don't play into gunslash. It's meant to be a universal weapon. Not a great one. Luster exists to make it shine.

Just as successor classes highlight other weapons. Nothings preventing you from doing good with bases classes. So just play those?

^This. While I have fun with Hero, I still feel more at home on my bo/hu. As for gunslash, I found the nox one quite good for leveling alts. That whole unconditional HP regen on each attack, coupled with some of the higher multi hit PAs is a life saver for undergeared characters. And if the character can cast, crafted safoie is a must for super mobility.

@Knight-Raime said in Being a Hero is not fun (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Grind):

@NotWhoUThink Lmao.

I'm well aware they were meant to be the best and they arguably still are outside of Gunner/Fighter. What really sets them above and beyond isn't their overall dps but it's their mobility instead. Getting in and out of a fight to avoid damage or close the gap while still being able to attack from range is stupid good in PSO2 and they only rebalanced the old classes by basically giving them more dps. Sure gunslashes are usable but they aren't good, and why should gunslashes shine on only one class instead of being able to stand up on their own? Would you not want them to be at least decent on every class? I'm a Techer main through and through (I still play other classes) but I hate the core problem scion classes highlight with the powercreep in the game, why would I put so much effort in as a base class when I could put in 70% of the effort with scion class and be just as effective as base class. That's why I hate scion classes.

@NotWhoUThink

Yes their mobility is great. But that doesn't make base classes unviable. AFAIK the only time successor classes do any replacing is when it comes to subclasses. And if we were going to complain about subclass balance i'd ask why people thought it was fine for HU and FI to be the only really represented subclasses with the base game. That's also not true. Aside from straight damage a lot of QoL skills were made free and we got new skills at higher ranks like FI's overload insurance.

That's like asking me why a universal Katana isn't as good as a Katana on a braver/phantom. I'm sure there are niche reasons someone would use a gunslash outside luster. To answer your question it's simple. Choice over what feels good to use. It's like trying to argue that because hero has TMG's and the sword that it replaces both hunter and gunner. TBF it sounds like the problem is you care more about efficiency than gameplay. If you're capable of accepting that base classes can hold their own in end game content without dragging the team down then there's zero issue with successor classes being "easier" to play.