Help with account suspension

Hello I am looking for some help with my account being currently suspended, I got it on Wednesday night before 10pm and haven't been able to play the last few days. I sent a ticket to see if that will help but from the looks of it that ain't gonna be for a while. The suspension is no.816 which from what read was from suspicious logins and I'm pretty sure its cause I use both my xbox and pc(steam) to play the game, I have switched between them before but have never had an issue till now.

Switching between XBOX and PC won't trigger it. It normally happens if another person logs in from a different location using your account. The only way it might be flagged when switching between PC and console is if you try logging on on one while the other is still logged in.

Another question, is this a temporary ban where it will be lifted by its self or does someone from the support team need to go do it manually?

It looks like you have to contact support for it.

Do you know the current response time to tickets being submitted? I sent one out on Wednesday night after I received the suspension

Haven't heard any recent response times. If you can, you should also try to DM them on Twitter or Facebook

Whats the Twitter account? (I don't go on there much)

This is their official Twitter. It is also on the site's main page: https://twitter.com/play_pso2

If you think your response time is too slow, you might be able to contact them through there to check the ticket. Most other companies that actually check their DMs will normally check into it without a fuss and make sure they look into it. It is easiest when you have a ticket number on hand. I haven't had to use their support system, so I don't know if they have a ticket number given when you submit a request.

Well I got an email this morning saying my account was permanently suspended. and when I asked why all they told me was I did something against TOS and nothing else. I use Tweaker because the windows store screwed up my install of the game so I had to use Tweaker to reinstall the game and the official launcher for it always had broken images on it so I really had no choice but to use it. I really don't want to restart over cause I have so much stuff on my account and time into it.

@Kake-Guy-Joe said in Help with account suspension:

Well I got an email this morning saying my account was permanently suspended. and when I asked why all they told me was I did something against TOS and nothing else. I use Tweaker because the windows store screwed up my install of the game so I had to use Tweaker to reinstall the game and the official launcher for it always had broken images on it so I really had no choice but to use it. I really don't want to restart over cause I have so much stuff on my account and time into it.

Usage of the Tweaker does not violate TOS and SEGA cannot tell that you're using it.

@Kake-Guy-Joe I also got banned for doing nothing wrong, my assumption is I accidentally bought an item from a hacker and now they decided to ban me for it

Your PC or Xbox is likely running off a VPN which makes it look like you're logging in from 2 separate locations if the other isn't and/or you turn it off one time off another time, ETC. That's enough to warrant a ban in a game usually, you aren't supposed to use VPNs to spoof geological location to play online games.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki thank you for the feedback, although I've been playing on xbox one since the closed beta, I haven't had any issues until just now which is why I don't understand the reasoning behind this ban

Doesn't matter how long you've been playing fine, if you met the condition I listed above they could ban you at any time.