Options to Disable Friend/Party/Trade Requests

So, bots are now trying to spam friend requests, got 3 in the same second as I was doing a story quest so, would it be too much to ask for this to be added so someone doesn't accidentally accept one and winds up losing their account? This method has been used in other games and I'm sure a lot can agree.

At least don't let the window pop up while you out on a quest. It could get you killed and is very annoying since it prevents you from being able to control yourself until the window is closed.

@Weirdo That happened to you?

Well I never died but it does happen whenever I get a friend request that I can't control until I close the friend window.

That's extremely bad. Hopefully we do get these options, even while NGS is being worked on.

Reviving thread because this needs more attention. I freaking died in an UQ tonight because of a friend request blocking my screen. Can I just disable all friend requests at least? If I want a friend then I’ll add then myself. I’m pretty miffed right now. 😠

@Milk I get hit with friend requests anytime someone uses my Friend Avatar, I set that up to build FUN points and extra aid for people on quests. Obviously people can't read the instructions I put on it.

At least kill the request window and just leave the notification icons at the top of the screen, like when we get in-game mail.

@LazerRay said in Options to Disable Friend/Party/Trade Requests:

@Milk I get hit with friend requests anytime someone uses my Friend Avatar, I set that up to build FUN points and extra aid for people on quests. Obviously people can't read the instructions I put on it.

At least kill the request window and just leave the notification icons at the top of the screen, like when we get in-game mail.

That’s why I set my avatar up but I’m regretting it. It’s stupid that I even receive friend requests in an UQ, imagine that happening during a raid in ffxiv. I’m so mad a big popup blocked my screen and I had to stop attacking to manually remove it. I hope they do something about this for NGS at least.

Here is a screenshot of my FA settings, clearly people don't read the comments section. (Not shown is that its open for public use)

ffb639cb-3ada-41a9-b62f-4267af16fad0-image.png

The random friend requests I get from this are annoying, this needs to be fixed.

@LazerRay said in Options to Disable Friend/Party/Trade Requests:

Here is a screenshot of my FA settings, clearly people don't read the comments section. (Not shown is that its open for public use)

ffb639cb-3ada-41a9-b62f-4267af16fad0-image.png

The random friend requests I get from this are annoying, this needs to be fixed.

I get the feeling people would ignore my message too, then. Once I didn’t log in for a few days, came back with forty of these stupid friend requests, most of them from players with no profile or custom PN so I don’t know anything about them. Only two of them even had avatars of their own. No thanks.