What's the main incentive of being in an alliance other then playing with friends?

For instance, in Destiny having a large pool of members would allow you to get Clan Rewards by having everyone participate in the clan missions etc

World of warcraft, you can do organized raids etc

What are some of the big incentives of being in a alliance in this game? is it crucial or helpful for doing 12 player content etc?

The main reason is to get access to the Photon Tree. This grants access to additional boosters such as increased attack strength, an experience booster, rare drop booster, etc.

Alliance leaders can also provide other things with points such as mission triggers, extra extreme passes and advance capsules, etc.

@PrinceBrightstar

good to know, also what about as far as doing actual gameplay content? is there a situation where its better to play with an organized team or is generally all the content very much doable just joining random pugs?

Also, is there an incentive to orchestrating full 12/12 alliance urgent quests?

@Claude Even when you are a solo player, it's quite useful to make an Alliance for yourself. Like PrinceBrightstar mentioned, so that you won't miss out on the Tree Boosts and the additional stuff you can buy from the Alliance Shop once a week with Alliance Points. It's quite doable to earn enough Alliance Points even when you're the only one in an Alliance, cause it also means you're going to use up less Alliance Points.

about 99% of the time you going to be fine in a random 12/12 Urgent Quest MPA. Sure, arranging your own Urgent Quest Multi-Party is most if not all of the time better but it can also be a bit more annoying to set-up at times.

There is no (gameplay) content you'll miss out on if you aren't in an Alliance. As an Alliance you can earn trophies for certain in-game rankings, but these don't provide anything other than prestige and the earned trophies decorating the Alliance room. There are 2 weekly rankings Alliances participate in, there is a ranking for 'which Alliance gathered the most Rare items' and 'which Alliance gathered the most Alliance Points'. The top 10 Alliances in each of the rankings get a trophy. A gold trophy for the first placed Alliance, silver for the second placed. And the top 3 to 10 all get a bronze trophy.

so there really is no benefit other then competing for a decoration trophy, as compared to just making a solo alliance? i suppose ill look into it more once i start playing

@Claude said in What's the main incentive of being in an alliance other then playing with friends?:

so there really is no benefit other then competing for a decoration trophy, as compared to just making a solo alliance? i suppose ill look into it more once i start playing

Almost correct, although depending if you find it really important. (I am guessing, not that much.) Like mentioned before, the Alliance Shop provides items you can buy once a week with Alliance Points. The most important once being a 100% Triboost and a Silver Tokyo Bonus key. You can buy these with a discount, the more 'active' players your Alliance hold the higher the discount. Meaning the less Alliance Points you'll have to spend to buy these items. But is this really game breaking beneficial? Nope, eventually you'll have an abundance of Alliance Points that it doesn't matter.

@ErinXh

thats very disappointing to hear ๐Ÿ˜ž

what about challenge mode? are they very much easy to just join random groups? one thing i really enjoyed during my time in PSO1 was how i had to find groups of people that coordinated for challenge mode

i read this in a blog:

"Challenge Quests are best run by organised groups, but most people donโ€™t have this option. Most of us are gonna have to run with randoms, and randoms will typically refuse to even attempt the quest if there are less than 12 people there. So having multiple Challenge Quests would be an issue, as itโ€™d split the player-base and in theory make it more difficult to start the run youโ€™d like to do. This is just my theory-crafting of course, there are other reasons this could be problematic; such as one quest being easier than the other causing the more difficult one to become a ghost town as everyone takes the path of least resistance."

@Claude said in What's the main incentive of being in an alliance other then playing with friends?:

@ErinXh

thats very disappointing to hear ๐Ÿ˜ž

what about challenge mode? are they very much easy to just join random groups? one thing i really enjoyed during my time in PSO1 was how i had to find groups of people that coordinated for challenge mode

A good question. CMODE in PSO2 is nothing compared to its PSO version, sadly. Don't really feel like explaining, and rather want you to experience it for yourself ๐Ÿ˜ It still can be fun, but don't expect anything strategically, coordinating and route-planning wise compared to PSO. To me it's not really CMODE at all.

In the early days of CMODE in PSO2, an organised run was pretty much mandatory to try to complete it. It was quite rare to complete CMODE in a random multi-party. But! a couple years after it got released the mode got heavily watered down with nerfs/updates. The players got powercreeped, the time restrain got relaxed. In PSO2JP you can easily complete both CMODE quests with a party of 3. Which was pretty much unthinkable before the nerfs/updates. (Even a party of 2 people is highly capable of completing it now, if they know what they're doing.) It's basically an auto clear with any random multi-party in CMODE nowadays. Assuming that PSO2NA will have the 'updated' CMODE as well, it will become a breeze as well. I'm not expecting a day 1 clear, but it will not shock me if a high number of players do clear it on day 1.

I have no idea how long CMODE will last in PSO2NA, but it will certainly 'die' at one point. In PSO2JP, CMODE is considered dead content for a long time now. Not many play it and therefor it can be quite an hassle to find others that are willing to join you for a run. The good thing is that due the 'updates', you only need to find a couple of decent players to make a go for a complete run now. The people who still play it do it to earn FUN points and Star Gems.

It is really hard to lvl up a tree solo. You can only contribute a few points per week by yourself. I know people on solo teams who haven't maxed out a single stat.

@Claude for me main bonus will be the group experience if you get in a alliance party to lvl up and to get the fun points I know this might not be the most important things but for me it will help but the biggest thing I can say is just have fun and enjoy yourself if you want to join an alliance I'm sure you will be made we come or just solo play its all up to you.

thank you for all the responses everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

looking forward