The most challenging daily mission...

Go into the gateway ship and use the item.

XP, Food Buffs, Meseta, RDR (+50, 150, 250, and maybe 300) and Triboost duration is capped at 120 minutes. Using either of these when their respective buff is over 90 minutes won't work (but using a tier higher will overwrite it).

For gathering dishes, I think you can only have one active at a time, and can't stack. Don't quote me on this part though.

Edit: swapped Buff and Food around

@Mister-Sparkle said in The most challenging daily mission...:

For gathering dishes, I think you can only have one active at a time, and can't stack. Don't quote me on this part though.

Correct, to a degree; when you go to use a new Gathering Dish, it will automatically override the active one you have, but there are two separate categories* of Gathering Dishes: Gathering Buffs (the ones with the purple pickax on their icon) and Stat Buffs (the ones with boost symbol). You can have both a Gathering Buff and Stat Buff Gathering Dish active at the same time.

Personally, I just use Jerky for that Daily Mission since it just requires 5 Red Meat and 2000 meseta.

*Technically three, but the other one just acts as normal Consumables so they don't count for this ARKS Mission.

Jerky every day. Make a bunch at franca's using red meat and store in your storage.

@ZorokiHanuke said in The most challenging daily mission...:

Jerky every day. Make a bunch at franca's using red meat and store in your storage.

Yep

Jerky lasts like 30 minutes. You can spend more than that on an expedition if you also harvest/fish, and try to complete client orders. Or if you do the other recommended quests.

Right, all these things last 30 minutes.

The problem comes from when you have a ton of alts you are doing quick dailies on and cycling through them.

Then it's a disaster because you have a dozen different boosters / foods maxed out and you have to figure out what you can make / eat / use to get around this. Jerky is a sound idea until you have 20 characters maxed on the Jerky timer. And the triboost timer. And the exp timer. And the....

@Furious I personally have never maxed on jerky. I don't have a dozen alts though, so I can spend some time with those i have. A last resort more expensive option would be gathering boosters. I do not recommend using those outside of their actual use, but if you are in a pinch, one of those could help you with that last daily if you are maxed on everything else, as none of them last more than 5 minutes.

@Furious Jerky doesn't max. Using a second Jerky will just reset its timer to 30 minutes, even if you still have 30 minutes left from the previous one.

You can also make jerky in the gateway ship across from the partner terminal.

I've started just using Jerky now that I'm running RDR250s on my alts too during expeditions, but I used to just afk my alts in an expedition for an hour or so every once in a while to tick down the triboost timer so I could pop another.

Jerky is your best friend.

Yeah, I didn't know Jerky time doesn't count up. I'll switch to Jerky from now!

So did this become a Jerky commercial? Because that's pretty cool if it did. I'll have to try that. I ran into the issue of maxed timers a short while ago myself.