Anyone else find this really offensive?

So Star Wars is racist then. Jedi Masters are a thing, so are Sith Lords called master. The word master isn't problematic, because I can cite several other instances in film, games, and anime, where the word is used in referencing a master and an apprentice, or a butler/maid referring to the owner of an estate, I.E. the master of an estate. I think I just lost a couple of brain cells reading that this is a thing. What person on the localization team thought this was a good idea? They need to be fired.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Anyone else find this really offensive?:

So Star Wars is racist then. Jedi Masters are a thing, so are Sith Lords called master. The word master isn't problematic, because I can cite several other instances in film, games, and anime, where the word is used in referencing a master and an apprentice, or a butler/maid referring to the owner of an estate, I.E. the master of an estate. I think I just lost a couple of brain cells reading that this is a thing. What person on the localization team thought this was a good idea. They need to be fired.

I agree.

Ultimately, I never interact with my auxiliary so it's whatever to me, but handler definitely sounds stranger, vs just thinking of my robo dude as a butler or something.

Handler doesn't feel like it particularly makes sense in the "mentor" meaning either, since we're not really advising and training them up, because auxes aren't starry-eyed new recruits we're bringing up to speed, they're robots created to help our character out and do misc chores. Kinda like how retainers in FF14 aren't being trained up to be warriors of light, they're just helping us manage our stuff + do chores.

"We must removed insensitive terms from our game"

Changes "Master" to "Handler"

Auxillaries: "Are we a joke to you? What is my purpose?" SEGA: "Your a pet now" Auxillaries: "oh. my. god"

Seriously does anyone over there understand the meaning of "CONTEXT"? Change it back you just made it worse now......

looks out to sight of downtown Ark's city on fire

Good idea. We can make it actually insensitive.

@Raiya said in Anyone else find this really offensive?:

Auxillaries: "Are we a joke to you? What is my purpose?" SEGA: "Your a pet now" Auxillaries: "oh. my. god"

Seriously does anyone over there understand the meaning of "CONTEXT"? Change it back you just made it worse now......

I mean pet play is a kink. You think maybe the idea was to target that audience?

@Raiya said in Anyone else find this really offensive?:

I mean pet play is a kink. You think maybe the idea was to target that audience?

Yes.

If you all need someone to make a small little girl and call you master while in a maid outfit I'll make a character. 1 mil meseta an hour is fine.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Sold, lmao.

Also on a serious note, I have a male Aux, that's why I mentioned Alfred Pennyworth in another thread topic. One of the most bad a*sed characters in DC. Bruce Wayne had it made.

Edit: I just find the edit of Master, to be a bit stupid, that said, I found your response priceless.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Sold, lmao.

Also on a serious note, I have a male Aux, that's why I mentioned Alfred Pennyworth in another thread topic. One of the most bad a*sed characters in DC. Bruce Wayne had it made.

Edit: I just find the edit of Master, to be a bit stupid, that said, I found your response priceless.

Oh I agree personally the title change is pretty silly to me but the word technically fits as weird as it sounds.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Well at least it's not "Gods Be" level of weird. That became it's own meme, one that everyone got a kick out of.

Those gods really do be operative, though.

@Akonyl I laughed a bit too hard at that one. Almost fell off my chair.

@Sunnyside45 "Anyone else find this really offensive?"

No just you, cupcake.