The player store being down is pretty huge

I hope this is fixed soon. I'm losing out on a lot of daily Meseta here and there's stuff I actually wanna buy from this AC scratch. I don't know how to function without the player shop!!!11!!111!!

Perhaps they need a development team for each, sounds like they’re stretched too thin. I can’t recall ever seeing a marketplace down in a game so this is pretty bad. I feel compensation is in order, just like any game would do for an extended maintenance. A core part of the game is down for an extended duration. We don’t even know when it will be fixed, just a hopeful estimate.

@Milk said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

Perhaps they need a development team for each, sounds like they’re stretched too thin. I can’t recall ever seeing a marketplace down in a game so this is pretty bad. I feel compensation is in order, just like any game would do for an extended maintenance. A core part of the game is down for an extended duration. We don’t even know when it will be fixed, just a hopeful estimate.

Can it really be considered a "core" part of the game if you can completely and utterly ignore it and not have it impact the game? If it was a core part of the game, free to play folks would be able to access it all the time. Since they can't, the implication is that you can play the game and never ever touch the market and still be fine.

@Furious said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

Can it really be considered a "core" part of the game if you can completely and utterly ignore it and not have it impact the game? If it was a core part of the game, free to play folks would be able to access it all the time. Since they can't, the implication is that you can play the game and never ever touch the market and still be fine.

Nah! We need the players shop because of the fun value! It is what it is because of the character building and uniqueness of it all.

Must have fun factor!

@RainGnyu said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

Yeah seems supposedly a dupe method was found and flooded the market. RIP

Wow! Not cool! I don’t know what to say! Wow these people want to show off what they had on JP so bad they hacking the game to make it so!

Most likely a hacker showing off their hacking skills instead of a legit JP player trying to get their JP stuff early. Could be one, could be both, could be none.

As for what's down, it was either that, or shut down all of the servers and nobody would be allowed to even log and play. Though that more extreme option would have put more pressure on the devs to fix the problems faster.

Still, they aren't getting my money. I can wait for the shops to re-open. I don't need them cosmetics on day one, after all.

Wait, alliance storage is now broken? Whelp, guess we're "banned" from helping others, even with fashion among alliance members due to whatever the reason is.

Yea SEGA would never lock a core part of the game behind a premium membership xDDDD

The market/economy IS a core part of the game

You can also play the game without engaging in combat. I think combat is not that important in this game....

Slips on a tin foil hat: GUYS IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY! The Goal is to make you desperate for the items on the new scratch... Sega be all like: "You don't wanna spend irl money!?! You expect to spend your billions of meseta on accessories and clothes?!? NEVER! We'll starve your patience, you want that cape or wings don't you? Go! Buy the tickets, get that redeem ticket! You know you want to! >=}"

Jokes aside...

Compensation would be nice. That is the standard policy of most companies, from phone, to tv, to internet. Even streaming services will compensate you for any outages on their end, even gatcha games will compensate for large bugs that affect game play- even if you don't experience it directly.

It would be weird not to given that most of the premium members and the player store drive the in game economy, which is a core part of this game it's what drives the fashion end game and lets it thrive, and is equally as important as story, urgents, or anything you can do in the challenge or pvp blocks. Actually I'd argue it's more important than the latter since far more players interact with the shop than challenge blocks.

Slips on a tin foil hat... again: Actually the biggest brain move would be to give everyone like 3 - 5 scratch tickets or something. Wet their appetite so they'll want to spend more.

@ToF-Wolfenstein said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

You can literally ignore the entire market aspect of the game and still do just fine.

It might be core to your gameplay experience, but it is not a core part of the game if it's entirely optional.

You can literally ignore the entire market aspect of the game and still do just fine.

It might be core to your gameplay experience, but it is not a core part of the game if it's entirely optional.

You can also entirely ignore the multiplayer aspect and still do fine, would you also say that is not a core part of this game?

That argument could be used for literally everything. You can avoid Urgents and do fine. You can ignore story and do fine. Every aspect of the game other other than challenge ship and the lobby could be shut down and you could argue everything else is optional anyways and you can do fine just chilling in lobby. But that's clearly fallacious.

However game progression, drop rates; and by extension character progression on a whole takes into account an economy. If the store doesn't exist, if players cannot trade, the current drop rates do not reflect a healthy progression system. It would be painstakingly difficult just to get decent 3 slot affixes across your units if the store never existed and the rates existed how they are. This does have a significantly tangible affect on gameplay too: although some people are gods at the game can clear Phaleg or PD solo with 1* weapons, there is a minimum expectation required to be able to clear this content as Sega indented; the shop not only facilitates accessibility, but is balanced around having it. This being down halts a lot of character progression.

@Furious

Considering you need the player shop to obtain certain discs and even base weapons for certain classes, yes. My alt couldn’t try out the weapon I chose because the NPC doesn’t sell it. It’s not just cosmetics for sale on the market.

Buying is not locked for non-premium players, they need that market too.

I always love the "WILL THE COMPENSATE US!>!>>!@>!@?#?$!?$?" people.

Because it equates to like a quarter or something.

It might not affect you or others at all or not bothered with it but, given that there are multiple currencies in game and a lot of 'You want this? Get AC/SG and pay for it' items and what-nots, it's understandable that there will be another group of people that want compensation.

While trading/market is not 100% required for PSO2, I do find the ability to exchange goods between players a key element of MMOs.

I don't really care that much about compensation, I just hope they fix it soon. This is one of the saddest PSO2 day on JP - wonder if they will fix it in time for global PSO2 day.

@HarmlessSyan I'm betting no... Seems like the problem has grown worse, which is going to take longer.