The player store being down is pretty huge

This is Sega's not so secret way of dealing with RMT. Now they can't get the meseta to the customer. No trading allowed anywhere.

@Qwid1339 said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

This is Sega's not so secret way of dealing with RMT. Now they can't get the meseta to the customer. No trading allowed anywhere.

I mean you're not wrong. I haven't had the misfortune of dealing with those damn bots in the four hours I was on. Maybe I was just lucky, but the RMT bot issue seemed to magically go away.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@Qwid1339 said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

I mean you're not wrong. I haven't had the misfortune of dealing with those damn bots in the four hours I was on. Maybe I was just lucky, but the RMT bot issue seemed to magically go away.

i abtolutely noticed the bot population sharply went down on ship 3. there's still some, but it's not alot compared to before.

I have no faith in this getting resolved soon.

Examples: PC release, took them the usual 2 weeks to even push any fixes. Fresh finds, another 2 weeks.

They basically only work every 2 weeks.

Sega's not shutting down shops to combat RMT. It's because of a glitch that was discovered and exploited, which affects both JP and Global.

And no duh the bots are gonna fade out while shops and trading are inactive. lol How else can they conduct business?

@Star-Platinum said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

I have no faith in this getting resolved soon.

Examples: PC release, took them the usual 2 weeks to even push any fixes. Fresh finds, another 2 weeks.

They basically only work every 2 weeks.

I’d bet it’s sooner than that considering this is a JP and Global issue. Sounds like some people found a way to dupe stuff and got carried away enough that SEGA had to close it down before the economy exploded.

Depending on how core the issue is then I could see it going a good 2 or more weeks, but I’d make a bet that this has the potential to hurt revenue enough that people are being shuffled around to fix it. I’d bet on a week.

My body is ready for the 5x 50% Triboost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much to say to this, FF being down was minor at best since most ignore or don't care, but the actual personal shop is a major part of this game..

But regardless, everyone would have been even more upset if they left the servers down for as long as till now onward just for it, i my self haven't been too much affected since i can live without needing to access the shop every 5 minutes. and have just been focusing on the new content.

But i can easily see someone's playtime revolving around it a lot not being able to handle it. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of players don't even log on for now until it's fixed. If this takes 2 weeks like the FF problem did i really don't think this game can handle it.

But on the bright side you now know why all those PN bots selling AC items with 30+ stock of the same items that weren't obtainable by any sane means was a thing, so.. mystery solved i guess, albeit at a heavy price.

If they don't fix it fast. I can see them loosing a lot of money from ones not buying scratch tickets.

I thought it got taken down because a hacker was injecting tons of sought-after and unreleased items into the Ship 1 and 2 markets for discord/black hat clout. Could he get himself and Sega into trouble for licensing violations with the Nier items as well?

@hynaku4494 said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

If they don't fix it fast. I can see them loosing a lot of money from ones not buying scratch tickets.

Looking at the whales on Ship 3 with their full sets of AC scratch gear, it feels like they might have actually boosted sales, with impatient players just buying extra scratch tickets to get everything they wanted, instead of trading with other players for the missing pieces.

So people were hacking the system and adding items from JP that hasn’t been released yet in the NA version? They were hacking or duping items and money into the game?

Is all of this true?

@RyuujinZER0 i'm going to make a killing when the shop reopen.

Yeah seems supposedly a dupe method was found and flooded the market. RIP

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

Yeah seems supposedly a dupe method was found and flooded the market. RIP

Wow! Not cool! I don’t know what to say! Wow these people want to show off what they had on JP so bad they hacking the game to make it so!