The player store being down is pretty huge

@Scionmike71 said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

thanks you for starting an attempt to fix the game, Now about that compensation... extra pso2 day is not a bad start.

They did make a bit of an error when they came back from maintenance for EP5. They listed the PST start time for PSO2 day as Oct 1st, 5pm and the end time was Oct 5th, 5am. They did however get the GMT times correct. So, 3-1/2 days of PSO2 day? Why not.

I've got quite a few gold tickets to burn, and with the shop back up I can sell some of my material prizes from them. I'll take it.

Is it fixed?

@RainGnyu Not yet. The servers are still down.

Supposedly fixed and compensation which includes: Distributed Items: "Tokyo Bonus Key: Gold" x2, "Triboost +150%" x1, "Maker of New Epochs Trigger" x1, "SG 100 Ticket" x1

Not that I am ungrateful but.... Won't lie I kind of expected just a 3 day shop pass since well... it probably affected those people the most who recently used a 3 day shop pass.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I can't confirm this 100% but I think that passes take maintenance and stuff into account. My premium expiration has gone from dec 24 to dec 26 recently, so I think premium at least is extended and I'd assume it'd affect the other passes as well.

@Laep said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I can't confirm this 100% but I think that passes take maintenance and stuff into account. My premium expiration has gone from dec 24 to dec 26 recently, so I think premium at least is extended and I'd assume it'd affect the other passes as well.

Oh nice, hopefully this is the case!

@Candytripn what do they do, credit you a dime? Okay.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

Supposedly fixed and compensation which includes: Distributed Items: "Tokyo Bonus Key: Gold" x2, "Triboost +150%" x1, "Maker of New Epochs Trigger" x1, "SG 100 Ticket" x1

Not that I am ungrateful but.... Won't lie I kind of expected just a 3 day shop pass since well... it probably affected those people the most who recently used a 3 day shop pass.

Yeah, this is a pretty pathetic "compensation."

The compensation Is fine! Stop being wood worms about the situation! These people want something for nothing! What they have done in my opinion is right on the money! They are giving the opportunity to recoup lost time which hopefully creates the proper buying opportunities. Think of it like what the world is going through now!?

@RainGnyu I agree 100%, I felt the compensation was extremely generous. I'm not sure what else they could've given honestly, I was surprised we even got compensation.

I’m pleased with the compensation, those are normally just small tokens of good faith anyway. Players want to feel their woes have been heard and they answered the way most games would. I feel they handled it professionally.

@Shmyules Dude this is more compensation than most games will dish out for issues like this. Many don't do that, and only send a letter of apology in game. Be happy with what you got, because in this instance, it's better than crying about what you don't have.

I'm in agreement long as Shop Pass duration wasn't lost I think what was given was fair enough.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

I'm in agreement long as Shop Pass duration wasn't lost I think what was given was fair enough.

I lost my 3 day shop pass, but I’m really not that fussed, I can always get more.