The player store being down is pretty huge

@ZarexWolf yes they are probably testing a new method, makes sense that they would love to keep making money. Bots are in every game.

@ZarexWolf said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@MarshalTobias32 Hate to break it to you, but bots got smarter. They spam friend requests now.

Those friend requests you get at random now, are actually real players. I personally looked into it when I got a bunch in one day. Whats happened is SEGA added a feature into those summoned friend avatars, where if a player has theirs set to public, and gets summoned by a non friend, at the end of the quest, it will ask if you would like to add the player. I know,because it happened to me at the end of a quest, when I summoned a random avatar.

Usually you will get more requests the cooler your character looks. So if you have one of your characters set up as a summonable, I'd remove it if you don't want random requests, or make it look like a potato.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

I read that some players on JP found a way to hack Player stores to get items without paying. Sega didn't want players losing items so they shut it down. I guess Sega was f-ed either way.

That seems unlikely since most high price items are not bought out on JP. i would think "Top items" would be the first to go but they are still there by checking item price on the item.

The running theory is that people were duping items with the shop.

@A-Silver-King That makes sense, given a thread posted a while back about player vendors with stacks of AC items, upwards of 80, or more.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Episode 5 and Hero got released, even if there was no AC events, how quickly is this game dying?

Maybe you didn't read the context, I said fashion keeps the game alive because it does. AC scratches and such are the biggest money maker for Sega in the game. People love the fashion in this game. Basically take away the ability for free to play players to get AC scratch items (The Market) and F2P folk would be leaving pretty quickly. The argument was that the market wasn't a core part of the game when it is.

Far as the game "dying" (Talking population) I mean if you wanna look at player numbers, it peaked at 20K on steam and has been struggling to hit 10K daily. Even with the release of a brand new episode and class the numbers only went up to 10K.

@Anarchy-Marine

Plus many players don’t know how to edit their screen name so often you get friend requests from just gibberish code names, which looks like a bot name. I had no idea either until my alliance told me, I was logging into dozens of these strange FRs.

@Milk Yeah, I didn't just assume the worst. I garnered an understanding, which is what I always do, and when I saw actual players behind those requests. I accepted them. Granted, I haven't talked to any of them yet, I figured it was better not to burn bridges I hadn't even tried walking across yet.

I’ve been thinking about this a while.

I don’t know if this game is being attacked more than other games by hackers and bots or if SEGA is just woefully unprepared compared to other games but it honestly just blows my mind.

I’ve been playing beloved games for fifteen years, I’ve seen and tolerated quite a lot of strange decisions. I’ve played sub and F2P alike. I’ve never seen anything like this. I’ve seen plenty of bots and gold spammers, exploitation and hacking of websites. I’ve never seen an entire economy shut down.

It’s not SEGA’s fault their game was attacked, I can’t fault them for that.

I just can’t believe this actually happened, to a game that is depending on that economy to stay running. Why buy scratch if you can’t sell off what you don’t like or can’t sell it all for a profit? Why pay for premium if you can’t use its perks? Why give SEGA money right now? Those are the dreaded questions I’m thinking and it unnerves me. That is this game’s lifeblood. They can’t run it for free.

As much joy as this game gives me during a time where the real world is too much to bear, it saddens and worries me to think about how this will affect the playerbase.

Maybe veterans will think “Go, then. Who needs you?” but this game isn’t doing so hot right now, can it survive a blow like this for very long? Not many games honestly could.

If you played this game for the first time ever today, what would you think? I don’t know if I’d want to stay, that’s how serious this is.

What if I played a starter class that didn’t come with the weapon I wanted to use and the NPC didn’t sell it? Guess I’m not playing that class unless I get lucky with a drop. I can’t trade for it from a friend unless I pay for premium for a game I’m not even sure I’ll like.

Great first impression, right?

I’m worried about the game right now and I normally brush off anything. I see this as a deterrent for new players, new income.

@Milk Since it's affecting both clients, I don't think it's something they'll delay for a second longer than they have to. I just think it's a situation they weren't prepared for that was easily discovered and exploited on Global. It's definitely integral to the game, but I don't think this downtime is going to kill it. If it were permanently disabled, I'd be concerned. But for now, we just have to play without until it is recovered.

@ApollosAmour One of, if not the few instances where I agree with you. It does no good to freak out. Play some of the new content, focus leveling your gear, as new stuff dropped with episode 5, and hope they can find a timely fix for this issue, until they can work out a more permanent solution.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@ApollosAmour One of, if not the few instances where I agree with you. It does no good to freak out. Play some of the new content, focus leveling your gear, as new stuff dropped with episode 5, and hope they can find a timely fix for this issue, until they can work out a more permanent solution.

👍

@Anarchy-Marine I'm a pretty agreeable guy when I'm not in the brain-melting topics I usually find myself in (but even then I'm still agreeable lol). But for sure, it's just a hiccup that'll improve the experience once we're out of it.

@GM-Deynger said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

@Anarchy-Marine said in The player store being down is pretty huge:

👍

I got to have my player shop! Next to having a Mag (Roll-Dog) it is one of the thing I enjoy the most about this game. Grinding for this and that gets old quick! The player shop gives me a break for the grinding.

Sorry Sega but you got to get this back up and running like now! Or until I finish watching sword Art online season 3 on Netflix.......on the real!

@ApollosAmour

You’re right. They won’t keep it longer than they have to, this is just the first I’ve ever seen this happen. What bad luck for SEGA! I don’t play every day so I’m not weeping by my visiphone or anything but I’m really concerned about those Steam numbers and possible reviews. I want the game to be ok yet I have no examples to go on of how this affected another game, so naturally I worry.

@Milk Yeah, I understand. I think the game will still be OK. Honestly, nothing could've killed it more than the Microsoft Store launch and it's still doing fine. Hopefully we'll have some sort of solution before next week.