Steam Launcher Probs, wont be updated

Guys, dont do the same misstakes like on windows 10. The Steam Launcher cant be updated. If you wanna start the launcher, it wont start the update!

Please check this, pleas echeck the Steam Community Forum!

Same problem here.

If you mean that the game won't start, the game is still under maintenance.

till 1pm utc+2 or? its 40min gone 🐶 but ok, i will wait, have to work till 15:30 anyway 😄

Maintenance had been delayed unfortunately. Regardless if the issue persists (or isn't what I think it is), you can follow the following steps which had been documented on the PSO2 Steam forums:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is

2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries

3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window

4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game

5. Launch the game through Steam

thats the same issues like on windows 10.. thats not ok to give any .exe autorizations!

I will try to delete it, and install it again.

This could be a big delay according to fleet they’ve broken all the shops on jp servers, and they only have one development team working for both versions78CC22C8-6544-438C-A71F-01F02971064E.png

Now my launcher starts, but as soon as I select START GAME, the launcher just closes without starting the game.

@Leonkh99 said in Steam Launcher Probs, wont be updated:

Maintenance had been delayed unfortunately. Regardless if the issue persists (or isn't what I think it is), you can follow the following steps which had been documented on the PSO2 Steam forums:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is

2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries

3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window

4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game

5. Launch the game through Steam

I tried this and doesn't work for me , maybe I should reinstall PSO , but i'm afraid to lose my character data, how can save that ? anyone knows? . regards.

@sombraberetta Your character data is saved server-side, you won't lose it simply by reinstalling.

@Leonkh99 said in Steam Launcher Probs, wont be updated:

@sombraberetta Your character data is saved server-side, you won't lose it simply by reinstalling.

Really ? Thanks mate ^^ . I'll doing than then witouth fear.

idk but cant find "pso2_bin" https://gyazo.com/5e6435610297ecf9be018633276992c6 got this error message after i press "back" =S and cant try the thing out bcs of the missing data (pso2_bin) ... x.x

If you are in your Steam Bilibiothek, right click on the game, then look in administration (in german it calls "Verwaltung", some of the downstairs folder) and look for local data...

there you can find the pso2_bin folder and in this folder you will find pso2update.exe.. its grey, for no for unauthorized .exe file

This has always worked for me - Use PSO2 Tweaker to fix file permissions

This supposedly works for other players: (Thanks,leonkh99)

1. Open Game / launcher (don't close)
  2. Right click pso2_bin folder. Click Properties > Security > Advanced. Check "Replace all authorization entries.
  3. Close Game / launcher
  4. Repeat step 2
  5. Open Game

thats not a secure workaround.