pso2 Steam Error :5

Thank you Nya~! After more time than I wish to share wishing for the game to update by itself, I finally took action and looked up. You made it possible to get through it so for that I say thank you, very, veryy much!

@Zarphon said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Found this solution in the Steam discussions, worked for me:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is
  2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries
  3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window
  4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game
  5. Launch the game through Steam

THANKS MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I did it, now works.

Thank you.

@Zarphon ty mate

@Zarphon Obrigado!!! Funcionou para mim

Want to bump this so others can see on the forum.

Try these options

PSO2 Tweaker to fix file permissions

Manually fix permissions

1. Open Game / launcher (don't close)
  2. Right click pso2_bin folder. Click Properties > Security > Advanced. Check "Replace all authorization entries.
  3. Close Game / launcher
  4. Repeat step 2
  5. Open Game

@Zarphon Dude you are my hero, it works Thanks

uninstalled and installed again but ñ nothing changed

Why the servers are offline?

@Charus said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Why the servers are offline?

JP is experiencing an Emergency maintenance, the shop had same restriction in both regions so I assume its related to that.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Want to bump this so others can see on the forum.

Try these options

PSO2 Tweaker to fix file permissions

Manually fix permissions

1. Open Game / launcher (don't close)
  2. Right click pso2_bin folder. Click Properties > Security > Advanced. Check "Replace all authorization entries.
  3. Close Game / launcher
  4. Repeat step 2
  5. Open Game

Unfortunately I fail at Step 2

alt text

alt text

look even though i didn't spend any money here because i would be really pissed off about it and everything i tried just made things worse now neither steam recognizes the game now from steam-error

@OlsenSan And you were able to get your data back?

@Cathy I got exactly the same problem, I have no idea how to solve that! If anyone could give us a hand or a clue on what's going on? Thanks ^.^'

@Yami-Haseo I used pso2 tweaker to solve my problem. I installed and opened the game through it. It identified that there was a problem to be fixed and asked authorization to fix it. so after that the game was launched perfectly well. Than later I could normally open pso2 through its normal shortcut and unninstall tweaker.