pso2 Steam Error :5

@Zarphon said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Found this solution in the Steam discussions, worked for me:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is
  2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries
  3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window
  4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game
  5. Launch the game through Steam

Work Perfect!!!!

@Zarphon damn, it worked!

This launcher is buggier than Bethesda Code. I hope with New Genesis we're gonna get a new one.

2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries

Could you make it simpler to understand? What exactly i'm meant to do as "Replace all authorization entries"? There's a lot of options and I can't just "Must be that" and make my problem worse 😞

lul and here we are, they still haven't fixed this "permission" shit.

@VósMicêSama said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Replace all authorization entries

no idea what this means but my account has all the premissions enabled and this bs still doesn't work.

Finally got the answer on Reddit, so here's one revised dumb proof version:

• Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on [Back] and keep it as it is, opened

• Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties tab > Security > [Advanced]

• There's a check box on the bottom of the window "[ ] Replace all authorization entries or something like this", check it.

• Once done, click on [Back] on the still opened client, should have no error and the update window

• Once closed, repeat check box step without launching the game

• Launch the game through Steam

thanks for the help I was thinking of downloading it again when I found your solution👍 gracias por la ayuda estaba pensando en descargarlo de nuevo cuando di con tu solución👍

@FR-2CV-SUPER-GT ty sir, you are my savior

Hello, please can you explain it with pics??

I think I'm doing something wrong

Im trying it now with PSO2 Tweaker, you have to make some exceptions with your Anti VIrus Software but the tool seems to fix the problem ! https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5106/pso2-install-guide-via-the-tweaker

@starwatcher said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Hello, please can you explain it with pics??

I think I'm doing something wrong

Launch your game with Steam in first, let it display the error message, but don't close it. Next, go to the game folder in "*Steam\steamapps\common*", open the PSO2 folder and you will find a folder named "pso2_bin". Right click on this one and select "Properties". When the new window show up, go to the tab "Security". Next click on "Advanced", and on the new window, don't touch anything, except the checkbox at the end for replace all authorization entries. Press "Ok" and wait till it's done. After that, go now on the game who's not closed, and press "Back" on your error message. Now, don't launch the game, but repeat all the steps, but don't open PSO2. When it's done, close everything and if that work correctly, the update will begin. 🙂

With images :

1-First of all, start your game and leave it open with the error message, after that go find this folder. 1.png

2-Right click > Properties. 2.png

3-Go in the tab "Security" et click on "Advanced" 3.png

4-Check this box and press "Ok" when it's done. 4.png

5-After that, go on the game and press "Back", but don't open it again.

6-Do all steps one by one except starting the game at the beginning, and when it's all done, just start the game and it should be ok.

Thank you. I'll try it tomorrw.

worked fine for me. Thank you for the fix. I already understanded first one XD

This post is deleted!