pso2 Steam Error :5

tooday trying to start game throw steam :

Untitled-1.jpg

errors at game launch in past... again and again and again......

@RizShade Same from here

This post is deleted!

I have the same problem, I am reinstalling it, but I hope it is just because of maintenance... are you guys steam users or downloaded through windows store for pc?

I am having the same error since more than 3 hours ago. It's 6am here at Central time and still same error when launching with Steam. I hope it doesn't need to uninstall all again. ­čś×

Same error. Servers are open, but nothing changed.

UPD: Just use Tweaker. It will download update and solve this error.

UPD2: Nope, maintenance delayed. But anyway, just use the Tweaker.

Same error.

Same Problem here, here is my operation detail :

• Click on steam PSO2 "Play" button
  • PSO2 "Operation Progress" (progress bar gone to 100%) & "Download Progress" (progress bar still 0%) Windows appear then...
  • PSO2 "Downloaded the latest version of the launcher. Restarting" with "Back" button message window appear.
  • Click on "Back" button as nothing happen
  • Error message : Cancelled startup of PSO2updater.exe. The file will not be updated. Error :5

I tryed it to repeat at least 10 times. I've also tryed to erase all files contained into "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM" folder but nothing change.

I am requiring help.

@FR-2CV-SUPER-GT said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Same Problem here, here is my operation detail :

• Click on steam PSO2 "Play" button
  • PSO2 "Operation Progress" (progress bar gone to 100%) & "Download Progress" (progress bar still 0%) Windows appear then...
  • PSO2 "Downloaded the latest version of the launcher. Restarting" with "Back" button message window appear.
  • Click on "Back" button as nothing happen
  • Error message : Cancelled startup of PSO2updater.exe. The file will not be updated. Error :5

I tryed it to repeat at least 10 times. I've also tryed to erase all files contained into "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM" folder but nothing change.

I am requiring help.

Use tweaker or just wait until servers are actually open.

Found this solution in the Steam discussions, worked for me:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is
  2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries
  3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window
  4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game
  5. Launch the game through Steam

@Zarphon said in pso2 Steam Error :5:

Found this solution in the Steam discussions, worked for me:

1. Launch the game normally, DO NOT CLICK on Back and keep it as it is
  2. Go to the game directory, right click on pso2_bin, Properties > Security > Advanced > Replace all authorization entries
  3. Once done, click on Back, should have no error and the update window
  4. Once closed, repeat Step 2 without launching the game
  5. Launch the game through Steam

Worked for me! TY

same ploblem here to

@Zarphon

Thank you for help, it worked for me too !

I am surprised that this error/bug looks usual from Sega. I think I got the same error from Japanese version of this game 8 years before...

I am using the tweaker and it is going fine now, although I am sad I had to download a third party software in order for it to work. If I had seen Zarphon post I would have tried that though.

This post is deleted!