Please make some nicer ponytails

PSO2 has been around for so many years and ironically, the one thing that it still lacks is a hairstyle I actually really like. At best, I can find one "decent" but nothing I love and want to use a lot. There's always something off. And with NGS especially coming, I just really want to say please make some better ponytails.

I will say part of the issue isn't exclusive to PSO2-- a lot of Japanese games I've played have this weird issue where a ponytail is almost always straight with maybe just a slight twist at the end.

Any divergent from that is usually:

• Very short
  • A side ponytail
  • Pigtails

Heck, even from one of the recent releases we got, this is a perfect example of what I mean: 5deb7b23-2ca1-4ec3-942a-2c62925c814e-image.png

Mid-length straight ponytail versus long wavy pigtails.

There's so many nice long down hairstyles with ringlets, waves, curls, etc. as are there many variants of pigtails and those only even show close in some sidetails (usually short).

But we pretty much constantly have the exact same type of ponytail with some bang changes at best. There's only been a few exceptionally long ponytails and I used the Armeure one for a good amount of time before I just got tired of dealing with how long the bangs were (you can have long hair and still have shorter bangs!! If it had the like... Hime Cut that one of the starter ponytails has, I'd probably still be using it).

I'd love to see more expansions to ponytails being longer and not always just straight. Curly and wavy hair is often tied in a ponytail! So is ringlet-y hair! I don't know why these seem to only exist if the hair is super short or down or pigtails, but I really hope it's considered.

Aurora's hair is just one great example of something I'd love to see as a ponytail (though, with shorter bangs).

When it comes down to it, the differences between regular ponytails are completely negligible-- short ones have the most variance, but with most mid-length ones, beyond maybe how they're held up and the general width, it's still some form of a regular straight ponytail and it's so disappointing.

There's a mobile game (yes, I know, mobile, heh) that allowed players to set up 3 parts of their hair from the very beginning when creating their character. Called Toram Online, by Japanese dev Asobimo, players had a selection of front, middle and back hair options to mix and match with. PSO2 can mimic this through accessories. There are one or two hair accessories in this game already so it's just a matter of expanding that and add more and better options, like different ponytails and one of my favorites, the Gothic styles.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

There's a mobile game (yes, I know, mobile, heh) that allowed players to set up 3 parts of their hair from the very beginning when creating their character. Called Toram Online, by Japanese dev Asobimo, players had a selection of front, middle and back hair options to mix and match with. PSO2 can mimic this through accessories. There are one or two hair accessories in this game already so it's just a matter of expanding that and add more and better options, like different ponytails and one of my favorites, the Gothic styles.

Yeah, I thought about something like that (and using another game example-- Style Savvy in their recent games let people pick the bangs and the back of their hair separately) and I'll admit, I'm kind of hoping that it may actually be a possible thing in NGS since they did say the hair system would be expanded.

It's also part of why I hoped to mention this now. But in general, there's a lot I'd love to see them do with hair as I feel the hairstyle department is the only part of PSO2 customization I found disappointing.

Best thing I liked about hair in this game is that you can change it freely, even inside a combat area...

@ZorokiHanuke said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

Best thing I liked about hair in this game is that you can change it freely, even inside a combat area...

I will say that's super handy even though I rarely use it since I generally just stick with the same once I find something I like.

The problem here is there still isn't really one I super like 😞

i love ponytails my one wish is evenly they make one that doesn't cover the face or forehead don't care if its really long or really short for me point of having a ponytail is to put it behind your head not cover it lol. That's my hope don't know if it will come true though lol.

20201008_080410.png

20201008_080438.png

I would personally love to see something like this hairstyle drop. I've been looking for twin tails that would cover the natural ears, or CAST head parts for some time now, and the only thing that comes close, is the Mother's hairstyle, but it's tails are all curvy.

For reference, this is from Star Ocean The Last Hope.. I doubt there will be a collab with this specific game, and thus no character related content, but this hair cut isn't off limits, as game companies have yet to try and own such things.

There will probably be more hair options coming down the pipeline that we haven't seen yet, that may be exactly, or close to what we are looking for however, that said, giving players that use cat ears more hairstyles that cover the ears, without covering up the face, would be nice, ponytails or not. Both is good in my opinion. So I support this idea. I just wanted to share my opinions, as this posts origin point, is in alignment with something I myself would love to see more of.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

20201008_080410.png

20201008_080438.png

I would personally love to see something like this hairstyle drop. I've been looking for twin tails that would cover the natural ears, or CAST head parts for some time now, and the only thing that comes close, is the Mother's hairstyle, but it's tails are all curvy.

For reference, this is from Star Ocean The Last Hope.. I doubt there will be a collab with this specific game, and thus no character related content, but this hair cut isn't off limits, as game companies have yet to try and own such things.

There will probably be more hair options coming down the pipeline that we haven't seen yet, that may be exactly, or close to what we are looking for however, that said, giving players that use cat ears more hairstyles that cover the ears, without covering up the face, would be nice, ponytails or not. Both is good in my opinion. So I support this idea. I just wanted to share my opinions, as this posts origin point, is in alignment with something I myself would love to see more of.

that hair is so perfect yeah id love to see more hairstyles like this that don't hide anything.

@OafishTooth3027 said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

i love ponytails my one wish is evenly they make one that doesn't cover the face or forehead don't care if its really long or really short for me point of having a ponytail is to put it behind your head not cover it lol. That's my hope don't know if it will come true though lol.

Yeah, we don't really have one without bangs and essentially, like a Samurai ponytail as well would work for you 😛

But yeah, a lot of ponytails have bangs that cover the face and it kills me.

@Anarchy-Marine - Extensions could maybe help you get that look, but that's where accessory slots really god fast. Can't wait until we have 8 in NGS.

Yea, most hair styles will have bangs only a few specific ones are without. Bangs seems very popular in eastern pop culture and I personally prefers bangs over forehead

Don't know if global will ever link up with IDOLA or promote it since they are having a 3rd party run the thing but there's Roselinde's hairsytle

alt text

@Princesse-Jen I haven't seen any hairstyle yet, that both has that look, minus the twintails, and that covers the natural character ears. If there had been I'd settle for using two accessory slots with it, if I had the extensions that is.

I'm just making do with what I have for the time being. It's still ponytail adjacent, so I thought I'd throw in my support.

@HarmlessSyan said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

Yea, most hair styles will have bangs only a few specific ones are without. Bangs seems very popular in eastern pop culture and I personally prefers bangs over forehead

Don't know if global will ever link up with IDOLA or promote it since they are having a 3rd party run the thing but there's Roselinde's hairsytle

alt text

We're not gonna be linked to IDOLA, they announced that on twitter a while back and gave out a 200 SG redemption code for compensation (since we wouldn't be able to grind IDOLA SG)

@HarmlessSyan said in Please make some nicer ponytails:

alt text

I hope they find a way to bring us some of the items because this looks pretty nice even if the bangs could be better. Not sure how long it is though.