Forum account connected with the game account.

As the title says, it would be nice if the forum account from now on are connected with the game account. In this way, uncivilized and dishonest people who come here solely to accuse and try to win arguments with violence, when they receive a ban in the forum, they are automatically banned in the game. So dishonest users will think twice before posting.

This won't completely stop those users' bad intentions, but it will most likely discourage them. Furthermore, it would no longer be possible to create infinite accounts to return to this forum after the ban.

I also suggest a permanent IP based ban for the RMT case. And if that's not enough, try the machine ID ban. For example the ID of the PC motherboard. Of course the RMT cannot happen from the console version, but only from the PC.

Whether you play on Steam, Windows Store, or XBOX One, the forum accounts are already connected to game accounts, since you must use your game log-in info to even post on these forums. They also can't just have a ban reflect on the forum and in-game, since the forums are operated by ESTsoft, the account is owned by Steam/Microsoft (when you make an account for anything, it isn't actually users, but the owner of the site you make it on), and the game is run by SEGA JP. Therefore, the account can only be banned on the forum by ESTsoft and the account in-game can only be banned by SEGA JP.

As for banning bots by IP Address, than is not really a good solution, same for by the machine ID as you put it. For one thing, IP Addresses can be spoofed. For another, IP Addresses are constantly changing (For example, you might have one IP address now, but you will have a different one a year from now at the latest. ISPs for the most part use dynamic IP Addresses for their clients, which change at least once a year.). As for machine ID, those can't always be traced back to the source unless the person looking for it hacks the location back, when it is not part of your own network. Most networks only see the IP Addresses, not the Machine IDs, which would technically be a MAC Address for the NIC.

I agree. I think we should start by removing the people causing unnecessary strife by making demands to end the content standards they deem "censorship". This is clearly malicious behavior intended to cause a rift in the community and promote unsavory morals.

I don't think banning people in game for their forum conduct is good as I do not know any games that does this. Only exception I will make if their forum conduct shows they are doing something prohibited in game also ei. RMT or hacking

I originally recommended what SE has done for FFXIV, the forum account is tied to their in game account and to post there requires an active subscription - but PSO2 is f2p so it is not very comparable. However, iirc - new accounts with low level characters have posting restrictions until they reach higher levels (you can still post, just very few in 24hr period). This may cut down on people just making new accounts and spam the forums again with what they were banned for in the first place

@Ragnawind said in Forum account connected with the game account.:

Whether you play on Steam, Windows Store, or XBOX One, the forum accounts are already connected to game accounts, since you must use your game log-in info to even post on these forums. They also can't just have a ban reflect on the forum and in-game, since the forums are operated by ESTsoft, the account is owned by Steam/Microsoft (when you make an account for anything, it isn't actually users, but the owner of the site you make it on), and the game is run by SEGA JP. Therefore, the account can only be banned on the forum by ESTsoft and the account in-game can only be banned by SEGA JP.

As for banning bots by IP Address, than is not really a good solution, same for by the machine ID as you put it. For one thing, IP Addresses can be spoofed. For another, IP Addresses are constantly changing (For example, you might have one IP address now, but you will have a different one a year from now at the latest. ISPs for the most part use dynamic IP Addresses for their clients, which change at least once a year.). As for machine ID, those can't always be traced back to the source unless the person looking for it hacks the location back, when it is not part of your own network. Most networks only see the IP Addresses, not the Machine IDs, which would technically be a MAC Address for the NIC.

You're right... Gosh, PSO2 Global is run by far too many third party companies, punishing someone for real is complex. Well at least the ban by ID (MAC Address) can serve to discourage the trolls and dishonest who accuse users.

@jimpjorps said in Forum account connected with the game account.:

I agree. I think we should start by removing the people causing unnecessary strife by making demands to end the content standards they deem "censorship". This is clearly malicious behavior intended to cause a rift in the community and promote unsavory morals.

I guess you misunderstood the situation a little, they are not the problem, but those who go against them using accusations and making evil assumptions. Standards? Morals? This is not a church. Don't confuse those things with plain common sense please. But most likely you haven't seen the things that happened on this forum because of those people called "pro-censorship".

@HarmlessSyan said in Forum account connected with the game account.:

However, iirc - new accounts with low level characters have posting restrictions until they reach higher levels (you can still post, just very few in 24hr period). This may cut down on people just making new accounts and spam the forums again with what they were banned for in the first place

Oh! This is a nice idea! 👍 👍 👍

You know I was actually having a conversation with another user in DMs over the past few days specifically about people using alt accounts on the forum, and I did a bit of coding to extract a bunch of users post times (among other things) to perform a bit of a statistical analysis to see if there was any patterns between users we suspected were alts or were told were alts. I was even going to make a thread specifically about how it should be a requirement to link your game account to your forum account and that it should be public information on your forum profile as to who you are in game.

But I'm glad that I caught that this thread was made since very hypocritically the user Michelle is, as far as I'm aware, the most prolific alt account user on the forum. I didn't even believe @treos100 at first when he said you were them too, but then I looked at the data I collected and it was really obvious. It's insane to think that across five total accounts that I'm aware of you've probably made up the majority of posts in the censorship thread, and then you've been banned on an account for doxxing a users infant child and posting pictures of said child.

Amazing how far someone with a prolific history of making nude mods of child characters will go to see children bathe in a video game.

It's not even remotely subtle once you look into it.

alt text alt text

alt text

I ain't gonna flood the entire thread with everything I got, but @Michelle @Emmerson-T-Kenny @chrnodroid @SternalVessel61 @Silvalance this is actually sad.

It's an absolute MUST to require linking your character, and making that information publicly available to other forum users, so that alt forum accounts can't be used to flood threads with their narrative. It's extremely disingenuous.

That'd explain the 'multiple reports' GM Deynger mentioned months ago. Also hi, apparently my ban was only a month or two and not an IP ban?

Oh, sorry for the necro, but I actually tried DMing them to reban my forums account, since I'm pretty sure it was unintentional that it ended and for sanity's sake, I really don't want to fall back into debating with the badfaith actors here. So I figured this would be the fastest way to get attention from them.