Concerns about New Genesis

While I love the graphics of New Genesis, my concern is that I won't be able to play PSO2 anymore once it comes out. As it stands, I'm only able to play on a laptop, and with the new graphics engine, the ram and graphics card requirements might shoot through the roof. I hope there's a very low setting that lets people with weaker computers run the game smoothly. My current laptop runs an AMD Athlon silver, 4 GB of Ram, and has an Radeon graphics card.

Should there be an option to lower graphics to around what they are now once NG comes out?

Yeah. Requirements will definitely raise. Not sure by how much, but you may be required to have something better. On the other hand, if your current PC can run this version with some settings above bare minimum, you may be able to get to play NG at least at minimum settings. But truth is, like pretty much everything else info related, Sega hasn't disclosed yet the min requirements for NG. I suppose they can't say yet because the game is unfinished and things can change. But I think (more like hope) NG won't require an insane amount of power, and most likely we may be getting a plethora of settings to fiddle with.

you probably gonna need to get a newer notebook with those expects is possible that your machine won't fit in the minimum requirements but is not possible to be sure until the present what it will be needed

Last I checked we don't have any specifics yet but the fact it's crossplatform with last gen Xbox One global / PS4 JP version consoles, those are powered by weak Jaguar APUs, new requirements have potential to still be low. 4GB of RAM though, that could also be a problem.

With what they are planning, it is very likely you will need a GPU that supports at least DX11 and one of the more recent versions of OpenGL and PixelShader technology. Aside from that, the RAM might not increase too much, but CPU might need some more single core speed over all CPU cores (maybe an increase of .2-.5 more than the current requirements).

I just hope Windows 7 stays compatible.

@Weirdo said in Concerns about New Genesis:

Windows 7

Global trailer says Windows 10. JP trailer has ambiguous Windows PC, unclear yet, might be possible with a fan translation.

@havox4 said in Concerns about New Genesis:

@Weirdo said in Concerns about New Genesis:

Windows 7

Global trailer says Windows 10. JP trailer has ambiguous Windows PC, unclear yet, might be possible with a fan translation.

The Steam launch also said Windows 10, but as far back as Windows 7 at least still works anyway.

@havox4 PSO2 as it stands needs 2 GB of workable RAM, and I have no lag on PSO2 as it is with other apps open, even chrome. Im not worried about RAM. What im worried about is how smooth minimum graphics will run for NGS

well, not lag. I don't have any freeze ups or even an overload indicator since I got an app that tells me when my RAM usage is above 90%.