usa censorship

@uponapyre said in usa censorship:

and not the height or raven things as those things would never be possible to control by the player.

Unless someone modded it. The clientside part of pretty much every online game is mostly just the graphics engine so this is, in fact, well within the realm of possibility. A translation patch for the Japanese version exists so it would be just as possible to change "raven" to "slave". People've apparently made nude mods, at least for the Japanese version too.

Of course this isn't what the anti-censorship people really want but the possibility exists.

@Thedovahmon said in usa censorship:

@ZorokiHanuke said in usa censorship:

As for blood. Nobody has ever talked about that detail. Not that I'm into bloody things myself but it'd be interesting to know if any excessive violence was also toned down.

Have you seen Ophiel's face after Phaleg got her hands on him?

You mean this. pso20200921_231411_000.jpg

@Weirdo said in usa censorship:

As for blood. Nobody has ever talked about that detail. Not that I'm into bloody things myself but it'd be interesting to know if any excessive violence was also toned down.

You mean this. pso20200921_231411_000.jpg

Yes, exactly that.

Legends say he's still getting roughed up by that woman...

That scene was priceless.

@Mattwo7 said in usa censorship:

@Michelle Good. I don't want to see any rappies being bloodied up in any version in the world. 🙂

It's a fundamental fact that all the GMs would ragequit if that happened.

Accurate.

@Blade-Syphon said in usa censorship:

That scene was priceless.

His look of absolute terror makes it better.

@Mattwo7 said in usa censorship:

Unless someone modded it. The clientside part of pretty much every online game is mostly just the graphics engine so this is, in fact, well within the realm of possibility. A translation patch for the Japanese version exists so it would be just as possible to change "raven" to "slave". People've apparently made nude mods, at least for the Japanese version too.

Of course this isn't what the anti-censorship people really want but the possibility exists.

That's right, modding can fix a lot of things, but unfortunately we can't fix the height restriction, and the removed cutscenes of EP4. This is a server-side thing, not a client-side thing.

Just for the record given the topic was with regards to the Chat Censor... the Japanese version has this too though not many people are aware of it as the Tweaker which is used to apply the English patch automatically disables it.

@Leonkh99 Sorry but, OP never mentioned the chat, but talked about censorship without specifying. We can only wait for OP to come back here to give further details of the problem. In case he is really referring to the censored chat terms, then Tweaker is the solution, yes.

Censorship is bad! Shame to SEGA!

@Lolicon I agree!