usa censorship

Hello my name is Luna Grayson I would just like to discuss the usam censorship is there a way at all to override it? I feel in most games you can do so for blood ext. Anyone that knows pls reply thank you and have a wonderful day.

@lunagrayson540 Hello Luna Grayson, nice to meet you 🙂

Actually there is no way to override the censorship on this game. The censorship was placed on purpose to discourage players. Most do not care, some are even happy to have content cut and censored. It's really a complicated situation where everyone has been fighting for months.

But I redirect you to other threads already opened by other users.

Main thread about the censorship of this game, with very useful informations:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6869/can-we-not-cut-out-anymore-story-scenes-and-stop-it-with-censorship-in-general

Main thread about the controversy about the publisher and developers:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7731/disclose-why-the-height-limit-was-put-in-place

Main thread regarding the suggestion to insert a toggle to activate and deactivate censorship:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7754/an-alternative-solution-for-the-height-restriction-censorship

(not popular) A second thread opened by me about the same thing but more in-depth:

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7888/pso2-a-realm-reborn-suggestion-thread

@lunagrayson540 If you're on PC you can using the Tweaker, on console I don't think you can.

@Michelle pretty sure they're talking about the chat censor, given the fact they're asking to override it.

@uponapyre Maybe, I really don't know at this pont. She was talking about some games where you can toggle blood scenes on and off. An optionable type of censorship. Right?

I may have misunderstood, but she still wrote this:

I feel in most games you can do so for blood

@Michelle That's my point, it's that kind of censorship and not the height or raven things as those things would never be possible to control by the player.

@uponapyre said in usa censorship:

@Michelle That's my point, it's that kind of censorship and not the height or raven things as those things would never be possible to control by the player.

Why the players would never be able to control that kind of censorship? It's the same of the violence content of other games.

Blood and profanity ON/OFF

Mature and nudity ON/OFF

@Michelle I think you're being a bit obtuse now... the censorship you were talking about wasn't "maturity" based.

Does JP get more blood in their game than Global? I won't delve into any other kind of censor because there are threads for that in the suggestions forum and I will advise anybody going there to discuss. follow Michelle's posts for it.

As for blood. Nobody has ever talked about that detail. Not that I'm into bloody things myself but it'd be interesting to know if any excessive violence was also toned down.

@uponapyre said in usa censorship:

@Michelle I think you're being a bit obtuse now... the censorship you were talking about wasn't "maturity" based.

We are both probably misunderstanding. What I mean is that everything can be chosen by the player, through options. You mentioned the height, well, that can be player choice too. In the forum you can find many discussions about it and I invite you to read them.

We also await OP's response. Maybe it gives us more information.

@ZorokiHanuke said in usa censorship:

Does JP get more blood in their game than Global?

The "violence" content is the same. Nothing is changed on JP.

As for blood. Nobody has ever talked about that detail. Not that I'm into bloody things myself but it'd be interesting to know if any excessive violence was also toned down.

In the end that's just one example that OP did

@Michelle Good. I don't want to see any rappies being bloodied up in any version in the world. 🙂

@Michelle Good. I don't want to see any rappies being bloodied up in any version in the world. 🙂

Poor rappies 😭 they are so cute, every time I meet them I'm in pain because everybody beats them, but it's the only quick way to get the Badges. I thank the gods that at least there is no blood in this game.

It's a fundamental fact that all the GMs would ragequit if that happened.

Have you seen Ophiel's face after Phaleg got her hands on him?

@uponapyre Michelle just has a soapbox to die on. Let them.