Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...

@Jamesmor

Kenji HIruta said it again earlier this year, asking the fans of the game to speak up and bring attention to Sega that yes, we do want a Skies of Arcadia sequel, as he was "overwhelmed by the positivity and support for the game by the fans".

So who knows. With Sega bringing back their older franchises into the limelight again, it's very possible at this point they could have something in the works down the pipeline for Skies of Arcadia. Frankly, at this point I'd be happy just for a HD Remaster I can play on my PC.

@Blade-Syphon Ya know, it really is a shame given that Skies of Arcadia would fit in very well with Sega's "Dreamcast Collection" line of titles on Steam.

The music is my only complain everything else is cool.

@Mattwo7 said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

DDDD complaining about the monetization in this game? What is this, Bizzaro World? 😛

Seriously though, Sega removed Knight Gear (which came From Shining Force Cross and we've had multiple Shining games in the west while we had two Sakura Wars games (Russia's had a few, somehow, but that hardly counts)) and Cougar NX but left this in?

I have seen Knight Gear in Solo Training: Heaven and Earth so he ain't removed from the game? As for Cougar NX I am pretty sure he has been removed since I have never seen him in the Global version.

@Leonkh99

I know, it's criminal that so many other Dreamcast gems have gotten ported to another platform in some capacity, yet some of the more popular ones still haven't. It's not just Skies of Arcadia either, games like Power Stones, Ecco, Time Stalkers, Blue Stinger, hell even Evolution 1 and 2.

The Dreamcast had an incredible library for a console that didn't live in relevancy for all that long, and it's a crying shame many of the gems it had in it's library have faded away into obscurity simply because of how difficult it is to get a hold of and play them.

Sakura Wars has a MAJOR following and it's not an anime it's a game x game collab. There are even cafes in Japan just dedicated to Sakura wars, it's mega iconic and I was majorly satisfied with this scratch.

@DDDDLife So you posted to either take the piss out of the people who like it, or find people that agree with you? What kind of conversation were you hoping to start when you made this thread?

@Merelambasted said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

@DDDDLife So you posted to either take the piss out of the people who like it, or find people that agree with you? What kind of conversation were you hoping to start when you made this thread?

It's a conversation like any other. You can say that you - A. Like it. or B. that you do not. that's it. My expression was , that I do not. Plain and simple., However- I am finding out that there is a huge fan base on Sakura Wars and others of similar titles.

By stating that I was hoping to do anything else but the later is completely out of context. At this point , your just adding to the conversation rebuttals that do not exist.

Not much of a conversation when you're so aggressively over-negative about such a huge fandom, that's like saying you don't want any big collabs to come over TBH.

@DDDDLife Oh yea I like the Sakura Wars franchise and it was nice to have the series featured in the west, something that rarely happens. Hope you get something you like. A good way to help people from feeling attacked is to open with empathy. If you show that you can understand why someone might like something before deriding it, they might be more likely to listen to you. I don't think using air quotes for sarcasm the way you did was effective.

I don't know, maybe its the fact that the same music rotates over and over and over again, it gets redundant real fast. As far as the franchise Collab, Not sure - it's just something I have never seen before. , I am starting to think that I may retract my original post, because I am starting to see all that it really is. ( It's not bad actually.)

@DDDDLife said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

I don't know, maybe its the fact that the same music rotates over and over and over again, it gets redundant real fast. As far as the franchise Collab, Not sure - it's just something I have never seen before. , I am starting to think that I may retract my original post, because I am starting to see all that it really is. ( It's not bad actually.)

The music is different on each block, there's 3 different songs. If you don't like any of the 3 songs then IDK what to say, personally I love all 3 of them, especially hanasaku though.

AT LEAST it's not the wedding song or single Sonic song repeated ad infinitum.... These sakura songs remind me, oddly, of modern Mexican/Latino music.

@ZorokiHanuke Or worse... the song that plays during the Easter event. Imagine this looping through the lobby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZ5GzycEvE

@Leonkh99 said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

@ZorokiHanuke Or worse... the song that plays during the Easter event. Imagine this looping through the lobby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZ5GzycEvE

Oh no... Anything but that song it drives me crazy. 😮