Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...

Sakura Dreams Collaboration, Is this by any chance some anime that I have not had the "displeasure " to watch.? I'm not sure, this collaboration is really not that all interesting , at least to me its not, It sorta leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am however, Interested into to see what collabs may be coming down the line and hopefully it will NOT include a redundant OST's that seem to give me that vibe - When you go down an elevator in some department store, Yes - that kind of music , that makes regret why you didn't take the stairs to begin with.

Im sorry, but those robotic looking "DOOHICKEYS" remind me more of the "Zakus" from gundam.. Just... EWWWW. And to the person that may be selling this stuff in the personal shop, I WOULD NOT want it- Even if it were Free.

So this collab isn't from something called Sakura Wars?

EDIT here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkw1DMap0mk

For your information, the collaboration is from Sakura Wars, one of SEGA's classic franchises from the Sega Saturn era. It hasn't had as much releases outside of Japan with only two games being released outside of Japan; those being Sakura Wars 5 and the recently released Shin Sakura Wars (released in the West as simply "Sakura Wars").

In other words, this is an internal collab from one of Sega's own franchises no different from say... the Sonic or Sega Legacy collaborations.

Yes, But - Unlike many of you that seem to make life around anime completely, This wasn't something I even heard of, At least not until just recently. Yeah - Sakura wars.. * BLEH* Still terrible. _ I don't know, Just because it's part of Sega's Line- up it doesn't mean that its all good. So what about streets of rage ? Or even space harrier? what about : Senjou no Valkyria? - Bayonetta: Bloody Fate? -Appleseed Saga Ex Machina? - Yeah.. I doubt any of those would be part of the Collab - Though they are still part of Sega's lineup.

@DDDDLife Valkyria Chronicles did get a collab, on our servers it was included as part of the Sega Legacy lineup (in Japan it was a standalone collab).

It's just old recycled AC scratches from JP, sorry if you haven't heard of it? Someone call SEGA let them know only release things you know about.

As for Senjou no Valkyria/Valkyria Chronicles, there were some in the SEGA legacy AC scratch - from the 1st and 4th game of the series.

SEGA likes to release scratches to coincide with whats popular and getting released in JP at that moment. The AC scratch for Sakura Wars (new one) was announced close to the release of the actual PS4 game which was a reboot of the Sakura Wars series.

They just announced SSSS Gridman and Senran Kagura as upcoming collabs on the JP, maybe one day they will make their way to Global too.

well differently from you I do like Sakura Wars not much fan of Shin Sakura Wars but I really enjoy the original Sakura Wars that is more than 20 years old and is good to see they bringing back those games to the west, now I wonder if they can do something to Skies of Arcadia.

btw Bayonetta is not possible when Nintendo owns half of the IP

@Jamesmor Bayonetta's.... kind of messy. Sega still somehow owns enough to be able to continue distributing the first game and even include it as part of compilations but in terms of calling it their own franchise... Bayonetta 2 and the upcoming Bayonetta 3 are Nintendo's as are any future titles.

@Leonkh99 said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

@Jamesmor Bayonetta's.... kind of messy. Sega still somehow owns enough to be able to continue distributing the first game and even include it as part of compilations but in terms of calling it their own franchise... Bayonetta 2 and the upcoming Bayonetta 3 are Nintendo's as are any future titles.

I see, **** SIgh**** Sega, Why did you sell your soul to the Devil ? You could of INSTEAD= cleaned house and removed all the simpletons and incompetent individuals that wanted nothing more than to fill their own pockets.

It might not be franchises that you care about, Sega still has several good Japanese franchises under their belt (doing the distinction cause remember Sega West has their own franchises separate from JP; Football Manager, Total War, etc) ones.

Yakuza, Puyo Puyo, Valkyria Chronicles, Project Diva and the recently released Sakura Wars, etc. Not to mention they now own Atlus which means they now have Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Catherine, etc.

Now don't take this as an official explanation / reason but.... Sega doesn't really consider the Global market when developing titles half of the time, they mostly develop games with the Japanese market in mind and then from there simply localize those. What Japanese fans are nostalgic about with Sega is really different; remember that while majority of fans consider the Megadrive (Genesis in the US) era to be the most important for Sega.... in japan the Megadrive was a failure, lagging behind the NES, SNES and PC-Engine. Sega's decision to suddenly abandon the Megadrive for the Saturn didn't make sense in the West... but it made sense in Japan; Sega really wanted to move on from the Megadrive and have nothing to do with it.

For this reason, a lot of so called "Sega franchises" from th Megadrive era are mostly in a state of limbo are simply being given to outside publishers and developers to deal with it (like is the case with Streets of Rage 4). For Sega, the Saturn and Dreamcast era were at their peak and what they are most remembered for... in Japan.

Of course i'm well aware that my theory doesn't cover say.... why Sega didn't make the Panzer Dragoon Remake themselves, why Panzer Dragoon, Space Channel 5 and NiGHTS into Dreams lack collabs (ironically the last two in this list did have collabs in PSO1 though). Like someone else commented here say... collabs don't (usually) happen for the sake of collabs; the franchises depicted in the Sega Legacy Pack (7th Dragon aside) were ones which had a large fan following in the West (Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, Puyo Puyo, etc) and were conveniently available around the time of the game's PC launch. The Miku and current Sakura Wars games are coinciding with the fact that both games were recently released in the West; Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Megamix and Sakura Wars (Shin Sakura Wars this year).

As an additional fun fact... in the Japanese version at least, the screens in the lobby also display ads for many of these upcoming Sega games too.

Are you... are you seriously complaining about anime stuff in one of the most anime mmos on the market? Really? This game literally makes most of its money from selling costumes and stuff based on anime. If it's not your thing, now is probably the best time to give up.

I mean PSO2 even literally has 2 animes of its own now.

@TsundereMuse said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

Are you... are you seriously complaining about anime stuff in one of the most anime mmos on the market? Really? This game literally makes most of its money from selling costumes and stuff based on anime. If it's not your thing, now is probably the best time to give up.

I mean PSO2 even literally has 2 animes of its own now.

Yes, Yes I am.. One of the biggest? really Just where? at this point Love Hina has more popularity than that Sakura, what's it. And you want me to give up based on your own creed notion, Yeah not going to do it. I enjoy anime that is full , interesting has an appealing plot line , Sakura wars.. bleh not so much. , Oh sorry - Did I just offend your anime creed?

@DDDDLife think you misread what they are saying. Anime MMO as in PSO2, not Sakura Wars.

SEGA is going to self promote their own games like Sakura Wars as it was the original intended purpose of the AC scratch on JP. If there's a scratch that you don't like, hey - just means you get to save money. Aren't they coming out with new scratches every week on global, they are just old recycled JP scratches that I'm sure you will find others that you may like or hate. I sure haven't heard of some of the things you listed but if SEGA ever decide to put them in a scratch, be my guest. Just because I don't find them appealing doesn't mean others feel the same. Do you seriously want SEGA to check if it's ok with you personally each time they wan to release a scratch.

PSO2 is literally a game with tons of anime collabs and tons of anime inspiration. It even has a anime(s)!

Honestly even more hilarious is your avatar, Android 21, is from an anime game.

What a weird complaint.

@HarmlessSyan said in Sakura Dreams is Completely Lackluster...:

@DDDDLife think you misread what they are saying. Anime MMO as in PSO2, not Sakura Wars.

SEGA is going to self promote their own games like Sakura Wars as it was the original intended purpose of the AC scratch on JP. If there's a scratch that you don't like, hey - just means you get to save money. Aren't they coming out with new scratches every week on global, they are just old recycled JP scratches that I'm sure you will find others that you may like or hate. I sure haven't heard of some of the things you listed but if SEGA ever decide to put them in a scratch, be my guest. Just because I don't find them appealing doesn't mean others feel the same. Do you seriously want SEGA to check if it's ok with you personally each time they wan to release a scratch.

No, that in itself is a complete mis-interpretation, It is completely out of context. My original post was and I quote= " It was Lackluster.." that's it. Adding to what I am trying to say is completely misleading and downright evil.